Dharmayuddham Archives Oct 12 - Page 2

Posted: 11 years ago
Tuesday 16 / 10 /12 Episode No 49

Ram meets some one and asks him to talk to the minister about Rana industries "minister will get whatever he wants , ok?" Arjun and Ram -  Arjun tells Ram that 2 of the NGO s are under American pay roll. Ram wants to know if Indra knows this fact. Arjun says "don't think so " Ram asks him to inform Indra "with this info, I can close the case " After Arjun leaves Ram has a sly smile. Nambi is on the phone with Sundaram -  all official issues. Of interest to us? Nambi informs that Arjun is assisting Ram in the Rana Industries case. Also tells him that he has Sharadha with him in the actor Jegan case " I stole her from you " Sundaram is not very happy about clubbing Arjun and Ram but Nambi assures that Arjun will only be an asset.

Mani is in his office -  the same place where Arjun has his office now. House owner Durairaj comes asking for rent. Mani says that Sigamani is away in the court -  to cut a long story short, Sigamani is hiding in the cabin and Durairaj refuses to move away with out the rent. Mani goes in and tells Sigamani -  in the pretext of looking for some cheque -  Sigamani requests him to dispense the house owner. Mani feigns that there is some rat in the office - goers to Durairaj and says that there is a big rat " Sigamani sir will sue you for this " Durairaj runs away.

Producer Rajarajan comes to meet Nambi. Nambi tries to convince him but he angrily goes away saying that Jegan is a child when compared to himself "court kku thane pOvan? Naan paarkkatha court aa?" Sharadha is worried that Jegan might lose his case but Nambi is confident that Rajarajan will come back "you prepare the new contract " Arjun meets Indra and tells her that 2 NGO s  are not all that clean ( he does not specifically spell out ) Arjun asks her to reconsider their stand . Indra says that she can not decide anything by herself "let me talk to Arvind and the others " Arjun says that Ram has a big trump card "wonder why he is asking for another round of talks? " Indra says that she knows the rowdy side of Ram.

Rana Industries people on one side and the NGO s on the other side. Union leader Ramani introduces every one. Arvind gives all the details. Ramani asks the others to stay outside "let us come to a decision " Ram says that the complaint about people getting sick is baseless. Arvind says that they have given a report about that. Ram wants to know if the survey was done by the Government or any environmental institutions  - " all done by your agencies , not acceptable " Ram says that there is no connection between the industry and river "the river flows for over 50 kms . How can two villages get affected? The kids may have some genetic disorder s !! " One NGO guy says that Ram is not talking about CRZ violation. Ram says that no one can talk about that now "Govt has to appoint a team to probe in to that "after that court will decide as to what should be done . Right now, Mr.Srinivasan is ready to help the affected kids. Through their trust, they will look after the treatment . " One guy asks " so you are not planning to close the dyeing unit?"

Freeze

Edited by rojapoooo - 11 years ago
Wednesday 17 / 10 / 12 Episode No 50

Continuation of the talks - Ram answers the Q "dyeing unit can be closed and Srinivasan is not the loser . Only the employees will go jobless " Union leader says that Srinivasan always helps the employees "why do you make a mountain out of a mole hill?" One NGO guy says that pollution is a global issue and Ram pounces "so you guys are talking about the dyeing industry or discussing a global issue?? You guys be more specific . You are not together in this issue " Indra says that they are one in their stand " Our aim is to save the people " Ram asks Arjun to expose the American funding to NGO groups . Arjun hands over some papers to all with facts. One NGO guy says that if any of us have done any mistake, we can get out of this " Please do not question our genuine interest on the villagers " Union leader now speaks up " we have to make sure that the NGO s do not ruin our jobs " Ram's mission accomplished.

Nambi and Sharadha. Sharadha has prepared the new contract. Nambi appreciates her for being quick but points out that she has drafted everything in favour of Jegan "you need to consider Rajarajan also. He will not accept a totally Jegan beneficial contract" Sharadha says that Jegan is their client and nambi says that they need to look at a compromise. Sharadha says that Rajarajan was angry and Nambi says that he will come around "because both the parties are interested in an amicable solution" . The guy assigned by Ram comes back with the news that the minister is ready to help " but he says that there is a rule that before passing the resolution a public hearing has to be done " Ram is worried that a public hearing is not good "Indra and Co will make a fuss. Anyways, please arrange for the public hearing on Monday " The guy wonders about the urgency but Ram says that he has a reason.

Arjun goes to meet Indra -  apologizes for the turn of events . Indra says that she never thought that Ram can stoop so low " media was supporting us so well -  until you guys exposed some NGO s . We should not have accepted for this meeting. And you helped Ram . I am so disappointed with you " Arjun says that he never expected the presence of the union leader. Goes on to say that they should not plan any protest " lie low, please " Indra says that they are used to all this threat " go and tell your boss that the CRZ violation case is still alive . No use threatening us "

Srinivasan meets Ram . Ram says that the negative info about the NGO s should reach the public some more "arrange for a press meet and pounce on that " Advises Srinivasan to wear Gandhi cap and Khadi " will help your company. Drama for a few days " Srinivasan wants to know about  the hurry about the public hearing. Ram says that Indra is planning a rally on Monday "so public hearing le crowd will be less , got it? Ask your employees to join the rally " Srinivasan is in awe of Ram.

Sharadha is ready with the new draft -  favouring both Jegan and Rajarajan. On cue Rajarajan calls -  Well, he is ready for a compromise.  Sharadha shows admiration in her eyes. I like this cool suave Nambi.  Coffee shop  -  Mani and Arjun. Mani says that Sigamani has no cases  " in our office there will either be a suicide or a murder " Arjun asks Mani not to commit suicide -  Mani laughs and says that if he kills Sigamani it is a murder "or he kills himself it is a suicide " Mani informs that Arjun's client Srinivasan is sporting Gandhian outfit. Arjun feels bad that Indra is not entertaining his calls -  he takes Mani's phone and talks to Indra. Indra refuses to talk to him but Arjun begs her to listen -  "CRZ notification Oda public hearing is on Monday . Please do attend " Indra cuts the phone but immediately calls back "sorry Arjun, your news is right . I will attend the public hearing on Monday, Positively " Arjun thanks her for believing him "all will be well , madam "

Freeze

Thursday 18 / 10 / 12 Episode No 51

Indra and Arvind- discussing about the rally. Indra says that Rana Industries is spending a lot of money  to establish the corruption in a few NGO s. Arvind says that they should make it public that those NGO s are not with them any more "also, we should make sure that the rally is a success" Indra says that she will first go to the Public hearing in the Collector's office. "From there I will come and join the rally " The smiling faces of Arvind and Indra is shown '- does this imply that we will not see Arvind any more?

Broker Karunakaran meets Srinivasan. Tells him that the minister feels that it will be a good idea to temporarily close the unit "just for some 6 months . By then these NGO s will take a back seat " Srinivasan says that it is impossible to do that " if the workers leave how to get them back? And the pending orders? " Then Karunakaran suggests that Srinivasan should talk to Arvind " give it a try " We see Ashwin after a longgg time. Ko is sleeping. Ashwin and Gayathri see this , try to wake Ko up -  who promptly says that he was doing some mental work .

Srinivasan meets Arvind. Tries to cajole him, offers money , talks about the child, threatens mildly but Arvind is unrelenting. "All those children who suffer are as good as mine . You can not buy me" -  Leaves and Srinivasan is seething.  Jegan meets Nambi in his chamber. Gayathri is with him. Nambi makes some small talk and finally says that the new contract is ready. Jegan says that he met Rajarajan twice "I am what I am only because of him. Some small fight and the media made a big issue out of it " Nambi smiles and asks Jegan to go through the contract. Gayathri explains. Jegan agrees to come with Rajarajan and sign it later.

Karunakaran meets Srinivasan again. Srinivasan says that Arvind is adamant. Just then the union leader calls and talks about the rally. Srinivasan asks him to be careful. Karunakaran says that as long as Indra and Arvind are around, this problem will continue. Srinivasan becomes serious and says "then let them not be there. I will bear the cost , you finish them " Karunakaran says that Ram should be consulted.  Arvind is at his desk -  talking to fellow protestors. Says that there will be 5000 people in the rally "once the media sees the size, they will change the tune. We need not worry as we are clean " Arjun calls Arvind and requests him to keep off the rally "some thing bad is going to happen . The Rana Industries guys are planning some thing big, please sir, don't go " Arvind says that he is used to all such threats "Public interest case le all this is normal" Arjun warns him once again.

Sundaram's office is getting computerised. Ko is very happy that he need not search for any thing any more. Sharadha and Gayathri are asked to wait "Jegan will be here to sign the contract" Both the girls are worried that Arjun is missing and not picking up calls -  Arjun calls Sharadha . We just hear her say "whaatt?"

Freeze

Friday 19 / 10 / 12 Episode No 52

Indra shouting at Arjun -  " you guys planned it all, eh? You sent me away and killed Arvind ? I do not want to see your face..ever again " Arjun is lost. Now we see Arjun and Sharadha discussing . Arjun says that he knew some thing was wrong "I just did not know what and how to stop it. Again, it is that union leader. Ram Mohan knew that the union leader was invited for the meeting and he did not tell me. Now also, the union leader came to the rally -  crowded- and Arvind sir dies inside the river water. I am sure that Ram knew about all this " Sharadha tries to pacify him. Arjun goes to Ram's cabin -  where Nambi is also seated -  and directly confronts. "Arvind sir died during the rally " Nambi is shocked but Ram is very cool. Does not even recognize the presence of Arjun . Arjun goes on to say that Ram used him " You know that I have a good rapport with Indra madam. You used that  fact and me to your advantage. Indra madam believes that I was also a part of that killing. I took pride in working for Sundaram Associates but now I am ashamed to be a part of your team. Do not think that everything will work in your favour always . We all have to answer for this " leaves the cabin and Ram is still very cool . Nambi asks Ram " what is all this?"

Nambi talks to Arjun -  tells him that he needs to be objective "Rana Industries is Ram's client and you are his junior !! And ram says that he does not know any thing about this plan. " Arjun asks " do you believe that?? Want me to believe ? I am not comfortable about the happenings here and I can't work here killing my conscience " Nambi says that Sundaram's office has their own rules "all should follow, including me. But if any one wants to leave, it is their choice. You are not as kid . You know what is right and wrong. Also, if you continue here, your own talents may not shine. I know that you are very good and will make me proud. When I hear about your success, I will be proud as a father "

Back to the present -  Sharadha narrates all this to Indra and tells her that Arjun fought with Ram and left only because of this. "If you give him a chance to work with you on this  he will be very happy " Arjun comes, stands as if he is a KG kid -  to cut a long story short Indra and Arjun are friends again. Arjun offers to help her and Indra says that he can not directly involve himself. Arjun says that he understands and offers the services of Sharadha and Mani "our office will be with you all the way and this time we shall win "

Mani brings in Indra to the office. Welcomes her and asks her to put the right foot in. Shows the desks and shows her cabin also. Some small talk and Indra laughs -  says that she has not laughed like this for a long time. Arjun says that Mani is a full time joker " sirippukku no panjam " -  Sharadha comes and looks all in. Some documents is passed around -  all look unhappy . Indra is in tears "all gone now. I lost everything with Arvind " Arjun peps her up by saying the lecturer they know is a brave woman  - " do not give up, please, there must be a way out " Well, the deal is that State Pollution Control Board has lost the papers related to Rana Industries. Arjun comes up with an idea -  "is it possible that the District Board or the lab will have the docs?" Indra says that there is a vedry strong possibility -  well, the team is all powered up -

Freeze

Monday 29 / 10 / 12  Episode No 53

Arjun, Sharadha , Mani and Indra -  Arjun asks Sharadha and mani to assist Indra in Rana Industries case.  Mani wants to know as to why Arjun is not involved. Arjun says that when he was in Sundaram's firm he represented defense along with Ram " If I appear for prosecution now, Ram will raise the issue of conflict of interests" Sharadha says that she was also working for Sundaram . Arjun says that she was not involved in that case " anyways, get your  details from Nambi sir .Log sheets, timing details etc., We should be ready for any thing in this case " Sharadha asks him to put in a word to Nambi.

Arjun promptly calls Nambi and tells him the details -  "Sharadha will assist Indra in Rana Industries case. Please do give all the work sheets, log in details " Nambi agrees. Kothandam with Ram -  as usual Ko brings some file, Ram barks (this track is slightly unnerving -  why do they make Ko a laughing stock ?? Comic relief?? If so,  it is a failure )  Sharadha meets Nambi in the coffee shop -  Nambi hands over the audited time sheets . Sharadha asks if Nambi will get in to any trouble because of this -  " You know why I need these, right? Ram will get angry?" ( Romba thevaiya ithu unallu ? Just collect what you want and leave !!! Why this vetti arattai? ) Nambi says that she has every right to get these details as the former employee "and you know very well that I never flout any rules " Wishes her all the best .

The old corporation case about the bore well surfaces again. Manohar meets Mani . Mani asks about the real estate business . Manohar says that business in and around Chennai is not good "so we moved to Erode , Perunthurai area. We invested a lot of money but the land is not moving as the water table is spoiled " Well, as luck would have it, the land in that area is spoiled by Rana Industries wastage . Manohar goers on to say that Rana does not have the Pollution Board clearance. "My BIL works for Pollution Control board and we are trying to get the certificate " Mani face le 1000 watts bulb -  requests Manohar to arrange for a meeting with his BIL " I need some info " Mani promises to take care of some petti case for Manohar -  looks like Mani hit the jackpot.

Court -  Rana Industries case is reopened. Indra and Sharadha on the prosecution side and Ram as usual defends. The judges say that this case has been lying dormant for over three years and now has cropped up. Ram has a sly smile . One judge mentions Arvind's name -  that is all Indra is all emotional -  Sharadha gets up and says that Arvind  is Indra's hubby. " he was looking after this case. After him, Indra madam wants to take it up " Ram is curt " if Indra is the advocate, she needs to speak up. After coming to the court what is the point in asking some one to speak for her ?" Judge goads Indra to speak up. She is still very hesitant and finally says that a lot of water has flown under the bridge in those 3 years " two more villages have been affected . And, a lot of Government rules are changed -  CRZ laws are refined now. So.." Indra is absolutely unconvincing even to Roja !! Ram is cool  - " This PIL was mooted by 5 NGO s. After Arvind died, all these people went south. The foreign companies who paid the NGOs will not keep quiet, right? That is why they have brought this up again. Case is weak and so is the advocate . They are just wasting court's time, that is all " Indra gives out some heavy breathing sounds ( this woman cant act to save her life !!! People who fight for Public causes need to have a different mental frame  -  inge ellam lacking. Even Roja will do a better job !! ) The judge gives 20 days time to restructure the case. Ram gives another sly smile. Indra is still breathing heavy . poor Sharadha looks lost.

Court corridor -   Arjun, Indra and Sharadha -  Indra says that she could not control herself when Arvind's name was mentioned  "  even the judge thinks that I can't handle this case, eh ?" ( yeah sure, even Roja feels so) Arjun comforts saying that the judge has only given time - Ore sOgam  - finally to save Roja, Mani the darling of this show arrives -  hands out some paper -  Arjun reads and is all smiles -  well, it is the info they need so badly. Mani managed to get the Pollution Control Board's reports about Rana Industries. All are happy, Mani pulls up his collar and asks Sharadha to get him some juice . Arjun asks "epdi da?" and Mani says "Mani nambinOr kai vida padaar. Professional secrets lam sOlla maatten " All are happy

Freeze

Wednesday 31 / 10 / 12 Episode No 55

Police station -  Ram comes to meet the inspector and introduces himself. Inspector says that he has some queries about Shilpa's murder (Murder?? News to me !! Thought it was a suicide ) Ram says that Shilpa was his client. Talks about the partnership problem with Vishnu and how he solved it. Inspector says that they found from Shilpa's mobile that she made a lot of calls to Ram . Ram says that they became friends after the case. Inspector asks about Ram meeting Shilpa and Ram says that she came to his office three weeks before she died  "talked about joining her friend in Australia . Did not see her after that " Inspector asks " surprising that you had no contact for 3 weeks ??!!" Ram says that he was busy with some cases and could not meet her. Inspector thanks  Ram for the co-operation and requests him to do so in future. Ram agrees for the same and leaves.

Court -  Indra, Mani and Sharadha.  Sharadha  brings some Prasad and wishes all the best . Mani gives some docs and all the three are generally pepping up each other. Ram crosses them and Sharadha looks scared. Mani says that they should never show the fear in the face "Ram mathiri thena vetta Oru look kudutha pOthum . Opposite party apdiye adangidum. In short basement weak aa irunthalum body strong aa irukkara mathiri nadikkanum " Indra and Sharadha relax visibly ( Mani, unnai romba romba pidikkarathu da , nalla stress reliever nee )  Sundaram's office. Ashwin comes to meet Gayathri  (Ashwin Roja missed you badly . Nivedha pinnadi lO lO nnu alaiyariyaa?? Office le Aalaiye kanum? ) -  General talk about wedding preps. Ashwin wants Ram's friends' list. Gayathri says that Ram is moody these days "Shilpa case and Rana Industries case -  both are bugging him. He will not come with you to give invitations also . I can help you out " Ashwin wants gayathri to help in choosing the wedding sari also "will talk to Nambi uncle about giving invitations to the judges "

Back to the court. Mani is all smiles -  " did you see the faces of the judges when we submitted the lab reports?" Sharadha says that she was only watching Ram "his face became dark " Mani briefs about Ram's present head aches -  Shilpa's murder and how he was friendly with her "athaan, as it is avar mugathile Ellum kOllum vedikkum, ippO kekkave vendam " . Rana Industries trial begins. Ram brings in Sharadha's participation in the case saying that she worked for Sundaram Associates when they were defending Rana Industries "Conflict of interests, my Lord " Sharadha gets up and explains -  "true that I was working for Sundaram sir and I am proud of my association with him. But I was not involved in Rana case while I was there. I have submitted the time sheets for your perusal " Ram objects saying that the reports are forged "how can she lay her hands on them when she is out of the firm?" Sharahda says that she has filed the formal request to her former employer and their reply with the log sheet"you can see for yourselves and know that they are the original " Now ram says that Sharadha works for Arjun now and Arjun was on the defense side when he worked for Sundaram. Indra gets up and says that Arjun is not involved in this case now " The defense counsel has no counter in place. First he said that there is no complaint from the villagers and then said that there is no lab report. Now, we have submitted both . So, he is just wasting court's time " The judges say that the evidence submitted by Ram is not enough  "the villagers are affected and  Rana has not given any medical report to disprove that . So, until all this sorted out, this court orders that Rana Dyeing unit should be closed temporarily "

Arjun's office. Everybody is happy and each  congratulate the other. Indra says that she misses Arvind badly " people talked so much about him  -  that he got money from foreign sources-  that the villagers are affected-  but he believed that truth will prevail. And today, it happened"  Mani is his usual self -  "Srinivasan Oda Gandhi thoppi kazhandu pOchu madam. Let us celebrate their failure " Arjun says "yen da? Let us celebrate our success " Mani says that the pleasure you get when you see some one loose is monumental. Sharadha says that now Ram will know what it is to loose. NGO chief lady comes and congratulates Indra. Indra says that she owes it to Arjun, Sharadha and Mani ..

Freeze