MADHUBALA EK ISHQ EK JUNOON
Today, I would like to break from my usual format of writing in celebration of the truly amazing Shaandaar Shukravaar episode gifted to us by the CVs. To me the episode was too good to be true, starting with Madhu's reinstatement as "Choti Bahu" in Radhaji's eyes, RK's indirect taanas to his foolish mother, (really rubbing salt in her wounds I thought )-------and then came RK's unique style of whisking his Madhu away from prying eyes to apologize and show his remorse over his previous bad behavior with Biwi in his own cute and adorable way. Hope you like it , here goes :
10 STEPS TO SHOW YOU'RE SORRY TO YOUR WIFE—RK STYLE
01. Lie convincingly to compel her to come with you—by threatening her gunda style ---threatening her by saying you'll get either the doctor or Madhu picked up---"utha ke le jaunga"---hehe.
02. Force her to talk to you by making yourself into Big Boss and ordering her to do so by playing along with you.
03. Plan a surprise---very conveniently take a detour, while keeping your wife distracted, playing BB make believe, so that she doesn't realize you're going the other way. When she refuses to get out of the car , bowl her with the "P" word, then try and make her feel special—as if she's the only woman alive and reassure her that you're there for her, even if it means having to navigate her into the studio in darkness.
04. Take her on a date------plan a date that will be very romantic and very memorable for the two of you, like a new beginning. Even if she doesn't show much interest in going out with you, don't get disheartened, since her behavior is natural---- after all, you did break her heart so consider yourself lucky that she's agreed to go out with you ( albeit under duress). Make the evening as romantic as possible decorating the movie set, with strewn flowers, candles, fairy lights , a swing ,a faux moon,starlit sky, etc.
05. Just make sure it includes all the small things that are important to her , like all the Patni dharm type rasams------- so try reviving and re-enacting all the rasams of Karva Chauth in your own style, ----and practice what you are going to say to her because even though she has come on a date with you, she hasn't forgiven you.
06.Keep it between the two of you------Irrespective of what you plan to do, keep it private. Do not talk about the reason for the fight or what you plan to do about it with anyone , not even your mother! If you have close mutual friends like Bittuji, you can ask them for help , like buying you a bar of Dairymilk----making sure that it doesn't melt in your pocket .
07. Whatever u do don't tell her that she's got a bit of chocolate smeared on the corner of her lips and embarrass her.
08.Tell her you're sorry and be honest------"Nothing makes a girl's heart melt faster than honesty. Women revel in the knowledge of their partner's trust on them and the amount of honesty they bring into the relationship. Talk to her. Tell her how bad you feel for hurting her and risking the relationship. Choose your words carefully and be articulate. Believe in what you say because if you apologize for the heck of it, it's going to show when you speak to her, making the entire apology worthless. Apologize only when you feel you have wronged her because nothing is worse than a fake apology. If it comes straight from the heart, she will understand and forgive you."
09. Magically produce an old transistor radio , switch it on and extend your hand to ask her for a dance , confidently hoping for a romantic slow dance number, but getting " Dadi amma, dadi amma maan jao" instead, with befitting wordings to manao Dadima not Madhu ---without doubt it had to be one of the most inappropriate and unromantic dance numbers, ---hehe.
10. Dissolve into unrestrained laughter at the absurdity of the situation with the object of your attention, as there's no better thing to break barriers and make headway as sharing a good laugh----then set both of you down on the swing and engage her into a deeep eyelock.
Ultimately end of the episode (too soon in my pov) , with that dreamy eye-lock, leaving the viewers desperately panting for more until Monday, especially after seeing the precap! A humongous round of applause and thanks to each and every member of the team MB for tonight's episode of mostly unadulterated Rishbala !