Debate Mansion

How would you deal with RAPE? Let's DEBATE (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

charminggenie

IF-Rockerz

charminggenie

Posted: 11 December 2012 at 10:25am | IP Logged
Well, this is one unfortunate incident that i wish noone ever encounter in their life, its abuse at its worst! 

But i understand the sensitivity and the shock attach to the incident can damage the psychological and emotional balance of the most rational and sane individual, so even before we talk about justice and law, i would try to work towards providing the counselling to the victim, let her come to terms with it and make her understand IT WAS AND CAN NEVER BE HER FAULT, regaining of the self-confidence becomes top priority and then for the abuser, personally i would love to drag him to the streets and bash the hell out of him but i will leave the course of action to be determined by the victim. Though i strongly feel we can never predict our own action in these circumstances, its too damaging!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "How would you deal with RAPE? Let's DEBATE (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 11 December 2012 at 11:09am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Freethinker112

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 11 December 2012 at 11:11am | IP Logged
That's why I put it as a "may", because it's nice to talk in theory and all, but I can't certainly predict what I will do in such a situation.

Pocket

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 11 December 2012 at 11:32am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 11 December 2012 at 8:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Beyond_the_Veil

Originally posted by Freethinker

That's why I put it as a "may", because it's nice to talk in theory and all, but I can't certainly predict what I will do in such a situation.

I might loose my sense of reason too I think. But imo practically that is what ought to be the case. One should not take the law into their hands or else the whole world would end in chaos. If there is a flaw with our system (which there is) better to fix that.

I definitely agree, and I am not a person who loses his mind easily. But to say that I can't do such a thing with absolute certainty would be quite vain of me, especially because I have never been in such a strong situation before.

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 11 December 2012 at 10:53pm | IP Logged

40% of women with disabilities have been raped.
 40% of women with disabilities have been assaulted or raped
 54% of boys who are deaf have been sexually abused
 50% of girls who are deaf have been sexually abused
 68% of psychiatric outpatients have been physically or sexually abused
 81% of psychiatric inpatients have been physically or sexually abused
 56% of those who were admitted to a hospital-based unit for people with intellectual disabilities received anti-psychotic drugs without a diagnosis of psychosis or related disorder
 41% of nurses and nurses aids in intermediate care facilities who were interviewed admitted to engaging in physical abuse of the people they care for

Studies indicate that people with developmental disabilities are four to ten times more likely to have acts of violence committed against them.

80% out of 162 people with developmental and substantial disabilities who had been sexually assaulted had been sexually assaulted more than once.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_abuse_of_people_with_developmental_disabilities

Rape is a horrible crime...need strong Law and panishments to reduce these type of acts...reports says only 3% of alleged rapists are convicted... another fact, men who are accused of rape are rapist unless thy can prove they r not...and the false charge of rape is a powerful tool many women have used throughout history and there is little defence men can offer that will restore their reputations..

Beyond_the_Veil

Kittya_Cullen

IF-Dazzler

Kittya_Cullen

Posted: 15 December 2012 at 3:21pm | IP Logged
I don't know what I would do were something of that effect to happen to me. I do know the psychological effects of something similar first hand, but not to that extent. I do have a friend who was once raped though, and I did try to convince her to tell her family about it so that some form of justice could be done, but in the world we live in, it is very unlikely that teens would ever tell their families these things. Frankly, had anyone done such a thing to one of my little cousins or someone who is like a child to me, I would be tempted to take the law into my own hands. However, I believe that prison is the best place for rapists, and sexual offenders. I think it is far better to let such a person be locked away for the rest of their life, and perhaps tortured by fellow inmates, than it is to take the law into your own hands. What sense would it make to destroy your life when you could do something more with it than kill someone like that? There won't be anything useful out of it because that person will die and be at rest until judgment time, while you or whoever it is that committed murder, will have that on your conscience knowing that it takes you away from your family and other loved ones but brings no peace of mind for any of them. So my point is, let the law handle it.

adev

White-Rose

IF-Rockerz

White-Rose

Posted: 20 December 2012 at 10:40pm | IP Logged
I cannot imagine this situation even in my wildest dream. Its not easy to deal with it. Even if u take law in ur hand but u cant get out of the mental trauma. Kill the rapist or burn him alive but that would not bring any change in mental condition of victim. You cant give her normal life back.

pepples_joy

Post Reply New Post

Go to top