Users

Frequent Posters

VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
Anirrudh Dave's weight gain plans

Anirrudh Dave's weight gain plans
Anirrudh Dave
Anirrudh Dave was maintaining a particular weight for the television soap character of Indu Singh in 'Ruk Jana Nahi'. Now the show is over and he has got a new show which is titled 'Housewife Hai Sab Janti Hai', on Zee TV, where he plays a cop. 

Normally actors want to lose weight but Anirrudh who is 70 kilos want to gain five kilos. He feels that "Police Bolti Kam Maarti Jyada Hai," so a cop should look quite healthy. He is eating well and not on his regular diet. He feels, as an actor losing or gaining weight as per the character requirement is nothing new. He says, "I want to gain weight to look like a cop. A cop has to look healthy and then only will the impact come." 
VishaD. thumbnail

ZEE TV: Interview with Suhasi Dhami

Suhasi Dhami

Suhasi Dhami  shot to fame as Aabha in Zee TV's 'Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli', under the banner of Rajshri Productions. The show was a hit and Suhasi became a household name. Now she is all set to wow viewers once again in Zee TV's latest primetime show 'Housewife hai... Sab Jaanti Hai'. We caught up with the pretty woman and quizzed her on her new show. This is what she had to say...

How different is your character in 'Housewife Hai … Sab Jaanti Hai' from Abha?
Playing the feisty and spunky Sona will be quite a departure for the actress from her previous portrayal of the Rajshri-style idealistic beti. Sona is a journalist who consciously decides to leave her job and be a housewife on getting married. The show wakes viewers up to the fact that being a housewife is not just a respectable choice but a challenging job that calls for resourcefulness, creativity and tact. In fact, the show captures how housewives can teach even the world's biggest CEOs the art of multi-tasking! The show will explore how she applies her intelligence to being a smart housewife, plays her cards well and sets an otherwise dysfunctional family back on track! 

Does the show emphasise the importance of a housewife?
Yes, it does. Tiffin for the hubby.  Homework with the kids. Picking and dropping them off at school. Scolding the dhobi for late deliveries. Papa' s High BP pills on time. Bargaining with the grocer. Supervising the bai's work. Handling the Bank accounts. Maa ji's special diabetes food. She pulls off all this and more in a day…yet you think it's only you who deal with a 'to-do' list, deadlines and pressure because you go to office and she sits at home! Her tasks probably outnumber yours. But being a housewife is not a job, just because she doesn't bring home a paycheck? 'Housewife Hai … Sab Jaanti Hai'  proves once and for all that there's nothing easy about being a housewife, that it is perhaps more challenging than most jobs people do.

What made you accept the show?
The very premise of the show excites me as I feel strongly about the subject. It's sad how a lot of people say – Oh, she doesn't do anything, she's a housewife! I find that statement ridiculous because people fail to realize the mountains most housewives move in the course of an average day. Households that run like well-oiled machinery will come to a standstill and families will fall apart if these hardworking women stop doing the job they do. Yet, they are constantly made to feel like they do not make a significant contribution. I am extremely glad to be a part of a show that highlights the dignity that exists in being a housewife and gives them their due respect.

Who are the other actors?
 Himani (Shivpuri) ji will be seen as my greedy, self-centered, dominating mother-in-law, ever brimming with snide remarks and sarcasm. We have Anirudh Dave as the male lead and Parikshit Sahani as an elder in the boy's family.

Any last words?
Yes. I would like to thank Zee TV and the Rajshris for giving me name and fame … and its been a pleasure working with producer Gulshan Sachdeva on Housewife.

VishaD. thumbnail
TV has always been better for actresses: Himani Shivpuri

TV has always been better for actresses: Himani Shivpuri
Himani Shivpuri
Actor Himani Shivpuri reveals why she's seen less in films and more on TV these days

Actor Himani Shivpuri needs no introduction. Seen in films like Do Knot Disturb, Kismat Konnection, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham andHum Saath-Saath Hain, she is now ruling the small screen. Shivpuri was in town to promote her latest TV serial and talked about how she's looking for more challenging roles and how TV offers a better roles for actors like her.

On why she's missing from the silver screen. Giving her reasons for that, Himani says, "I have always done roles that I enjoyed doing. I have touched all genres, be it comedy, tragedy or negative roles. For me the banner was never important. I have worked with all big stars and banners. But now I want to do challenging roles. Initially, when I came to Bombay, I was a struggling actress, not privileged to make choices, but at this stage of my career I can choose roles."

Talking of her assignments Himani informs, "I'm doing some small budget films these days. There's Jai Ho produced by Salman Khan's sister and his brother-in-law Atul Agnihotri. It is one of those Vicky Donor- Delhi concept film. I am playing the mother of one of the protagonists in the film. I have just finished the shoot of another filmAmma Ki Boli in Madhya Pradesh that has actors from NSD including Farrukh Jaffer of Peepli Live. Another light hearted comedy I'm doing is Bin Phere Free Hum Tere. I'm also concentrating more on theatre now and for that I have refused some TV serials. Aajkal daily soaps ki jo haalat hai it is like doing 'gadhe ki majdoori'," laughs Himani.

Being a National School of Drama pass-out and having a long association with theatre, Shivpuri is not very happy with the condition of theatre in the country these days. "I did auditions and NSD worshops in Dehradun and although the participation was overwhelming. Par unka maqsadtheatre karne ka nahi tha. They thought they can get roles in movies through theatre. The situation was not too different in our time except for few mad people like me who only wanted to do theatre."

She adds, "I never wanted to do films. In those days people from northern India had a very wrong perception about the film industry ki main wahan gayi toh mera rape ho jayega. But I believe in destiny. While touring in and outside Mumbai to do theatre, I got some good offers to act in films, which brought me success and I continued to do movies," shares Himani. 

One does see her doing more of mother roles nowadays. Quiz her on the scope for actors her age and Himani says, "Meri dukhti rag mat chhedo. Actors like Salman, Shahrukh or Aamir are still doing lead roles aur unke opposite kaun hota hai? Sonakshi. They want younger girls, not old ones like me as heroines. This is the tragedy of Bollywood. It is male dominated. Ab toh heroes nedistribution rights bhi le liya hain. They have become bigger than producers. Television has always been better for actresses. But satellite channels can never give what Doordarshan has given to actors. I got national popularity from my first serial Humrahi as Devika Bhabhi. Something like that is impossible today when so many channels are competing for TRPs. Nobody is concerned about the content."

Not only strong on screen, Himani has proved that she's just as determined in real life too. Having brought up her son alone after the demise of her husband in 1995, Himani has strong views about punishment meted out to rapists. "I can't think of enough punishment for such people. They should be banned from society. But first we need to teach our children to respect women," says the actor.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/TV-has-always-been-better-for-actresses-Himani-Shivpuri/articleshow/17778727.cms
VishaD. thumbnail