music-a-muse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I don't know if i can post this topic, since it is related to this forum, felt i should.

The mods can close it if they want.

Just want to set a few things right.

I got an abusive PM from someone a couple of days ago.

I really don't know why.                    Am not going to post it here.

I did send it to the mod and did not get any reply. as expected.

I am no way connected to anyone on the forum or using a MID.

Dabulls and me are not the same person, though someone is under a  delusion about it. We do not live in the same country forget being in  the same continent.

Someone made a new ID and pretended it was me and went on a abusing spree.

If writing what one feels and sees and hears on a show on this forum is wrong and deserves abuses of the vilest kind, where is the freedom of speech?

It neither exists in India or on this forum.

people are not allowed  to criticise or say a negative comment about any of the singers or judges or host or anything.

Why not have a permanent appreciation thread for the whole forum?😳

A word of criticism and we have to put up with abuses which a normal person would cringe to utter in private ,leave alone writing it on a public forum.

It is hurtful  and demeaning to the person it is intended for and also to the person writing it. So much hate and anger does not augur well for anyone.😭😭😭

Hope we can soon have a forum where people can write freely and criticism can be taken sportingly and humour of any kind can be taken in the right spirit.

Please ignore this post if you feel abusive.

Peace out.😊

Edited by music-a-muse - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JasToronto thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hello MM ji good day!

I also received a couple of PMs in last two days. The first one I deleted without opening because subject was abisive. In the second PM this person had lots of compalints about senior members, Mods, you and Dabulls di.

I have to tell these people that music-a-muse and Dabulls di are two seperate personalities.

You MID kids out there have no idea what damage you have been doing to this Forum and society. They should better use their time and energy in studies so that they can make a good career. It is very easy to sit behind a computer screen and write abusive messages to members and post disgusting threads here on this forum.

I do believe that we live in a free world where people have freedom of speech and they must be free to post their point of view. If we are posting negative comments about their favourite contestants or judges or guests they must not take it on heart because it's simply our opinion and we may be wrong. Furthermore our comments can not change any singer's fate or destiny.

All I have to say is that I'm sure that you MIDs come from decent families and you must have mothers and sisters in your families. Can you use this kind of abusive language at your home in front of your sister or mother? If not then you shouldn't be posting it here.

Mods have a job to do and they are not paid by this Forum as they are volunteers. I request you guys to stop bashing and abusing these poor Mods.

regards,

Jas.

@ Mods
 please let this topic continue.  
Edited by JasToronto - 11 years ago
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I'm so sorry Ravjot, MAM, Jaspal-ji, and DB23ji that you all have had to go through so much abuse for just stating different opinions or in Ravjot's case doing the right thing by deleting abusive posts and banning abusing members.

I also receive two PMs, and I read them both. One was from a member complaining about her friend getting banned for no reason, so I told her to just PM Ravjot because I have no power to change anything. The other PM was a little shocking because in the subject title of the PM itself it was cursing at me and addressing me by my real name. Only a few people on the forum know my real name, so I feel these MIDs are someone known. The PM itself was just abusing various members, but the subject title was cursing and addressing me by name. It disturbs me that someone would go to such lengths to make other people's lives miserable. That too for a few years this has been happening.

Cyberbullying is probably the biggest and worst form of bullying because there is no way to control it. We come to IF and the Internet in general for a way to escape our normal routine. If people are abusing us online and causing unnecessary drama, then why should we come on online? Real life has enough drama in it as it is, so why should anyone have to put up with it online as well? I think you all are really strong and mature people for continuing to come on IF even though someone is abusive you all. 

What this person(s) is not understanding is that what they are writing behind the screen may be momentary for them, but for people they are attack, the attacks remain in the minds. There are true cases of people killing themselves just because of what people online have written about them. Just be careful with the things you say whether it's virtually or verbally because you never know how what you say may effect another person. I know would hate to be the person who said something that drove someone over the edge to take their life. 

I don't think you guys specifically will try to take your lives, but there are young children who come to IF too. They are so vulnerable and innocent. Some attacks hurt us as mature adults; imagine the kind of impact it could have on a child? People need really think about what they write even though they are faceless. 

Anyways, I'm probably preaching to the choir when I write all this, but I have to get it off my chest.
music-a-muse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thank you Jasji and tulip for taking the trouble to write on this thread.

I have been abused on the previous 2-3 shows too. It used to hurt, this time i just learnt to laugh and ignore and keep away.

The continuous abuse for the past one week forced me to write this, with a very heavy heart.😭

I always thought this forum  was  one place where people had the freedom to write their thoughts and views and there was a healthy exchange of ideas and views. How wrong i was !

Tolerance level is so low both in our personal lives and the cyber space, nowadays.

Probably, i am also guilty of that.

If i have unintentionally hurt anyone on the forum with my thoughts, just want to say a simple SORRY.

Tulip, am not brave to write on the forum despite the abuses, just plain stupidπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Edited by music-a-muse - 11 years ago
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks MAM for this topic...As I have left this section...But seeing this topic I wanted to say something..

Appreciate your, JT Veer ji and Tulips posts.  I am so sorry along with you all Mohini , VJ and Ravjot has been attacked-bashed too..😳

MAM and I are not same people with MID...I do not have any other ids...I am not coward where I have to create MID to write candidly.. I have been IF member since 2005..Its been 7+ yrs and nothing ever has make me leave IF or will not do it just because someone has decided to threaten me..

I have been abused by these MIDs in past 2-3 yrs in II and SRGMP sections and do not know why or what I personally have done to them..I thought forum is for everyone to post their candid views..But I guess not..😳

A woman-Grand mother, mother does not deserve to be attacked by someone in this manner...VJ who is young enough to be my son has been called many names along with JT veerji too linking us in very bad way..I find these comments not only cruel, rude but very hurtful..

Not only I have been abused-attacked in this section by various topics-posts by creating some MIDs...Whoever it is pls stop..

Besides this topic I have received several abusive PMs  & scrap with same language...Threatening me with death, childless...Deleting PMs or blocking those ID is not appreciated by these MIDs...

I dont get scared by bullies but for the forum decorum's sake I have decided to leave this section as there are young kids around...People dont feel like coming due to offensive language..

Lastly My request to mods-admin Vijay B or Priya.nair is to have a fix in the system that as soon as MID is created it links to the orig id...Once MID is banned orig ID must be treated with strictness..

Why should good members have to suffer due to someone out there who is just spending time spewing poison in harassing innocent people..

I am a music lover and I support talent..No one is related to me..I cant write anyone's future or can ruin anyone's furture..

Finally I demand an apology from whoever this person is for making my life hell and others by abusing in the worst way possible...If not than pls leave me alone...I have nothing against anyone and I want to be left alone.

Thanks MAM again for the topic..Appreciate everyone's support..

Mods pls keep the topic open and hope Vijay B reads it too..
Edited by Dabulls23 - 11 years ago
Mohini19 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Oh, welcome to the club of people who have received abusive messages. I received such abusive PMs last season and have been receiving them this season as well.

There was a time when I used to wonder about such abusive messages. But, I've come to the conclusion that it is absolutely not worth even thinking or bothering yourself about such abuses hurled at you online. Cyber bullying is indeed an unpardonable crime.

So, my policy is simple. I simply delete such PMs without opening them. It doesn't bother me at all. I have no time and energy to even react to such posts/comments/PMs.

Of course, whoever is writing and making such posts is obviously reading our messages and will continue to create MIDs and most likely IDs that resemble our IDs and keep abusing us and others on IF. Definitely shows a lot of maturity.

And of course, I am not going to stop from expressing my viewpoint. And yes, I'm sure the cycle of abusive posts will not stop. If it makes the person making such posts happy, good for them.

My policy is simple. DON'T respond to such posts and DELETE such PMs without opening them.
desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
MAM, Di... Why wud you not post your thoughts because a bunch of people donot know how to post their views in a manner conducive to the societal norms... You keep doing your good work and the mods will do theirs... no need of any justification as to who you are... and believe in ignorance is bliss to such negativity...

Originally posted by: Mohini19

Oh, welcome to the club of people who have received abusive messages. I received such abusive PMs last season and have been receiving them this season as well.

There was a time when I used to wonder about such abusive messages. But, I've come to the conclusion that it is absolutely not worth even thinking or bothering yourself about such abuses hurled at you online. Cyber bullying is indeed an unpardonable crime.

So, my policy is simple. I simply delete such PMs without opening them. It doesn't bother me at all. I have no time and energy to even react to such posts/comments/PMs.

Of course, whoever is writing and making such posts is obviously reading our messages and will continue to create MIDs and most likely IDs that resemble our IDs and keep abusing us and others on IF. Definitely shows a lot of maturity.

And of course, I am not going to stop from expressing my viewpoint. And yes, I'm sure the cycle of abusive posts will not stop. If it makes the person making such posts happy, good for them.

My policy is simple. DON'T respond to such posts and DELETE such PMs without opening them.

Words.. I completely agree with you. Online pervert does not deserve our attention. The more you response to such person the more he/she would be encouraged to post filthy comments. Personally I don't give to these damn cheap worthless POS but I do feel bad when a respected member like Dabulls get constantly abused . Ignore all those PMs...we cant do anything as this is only a virtual portal and this coward can only bark on the internet. 

@TP...I request you not to open the topic like this,,, it wont  do anything good..infact it will give boost to that Piece of Shit. 
To the person who send me nice PM, I would like to let you know that I deleted your PM without reading it. You can send me as many PMs as you want...those mean nothing to me...If you wish you are more than welcome to post abusive comments on me openely..but I know you wont do that as you clearly know that it wont bother me a bit...
JasToronto thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Well in my opinion there is nothing wrong in opening this thread. MIDs & Trolls are a big problem on the social networks these days. I understand the best policy is to ignore them and report such abusive posts immediately. Do you believe that banning of these MIDs will take care of this problem. Each time they come up with new account.

Does anybody realize why do these members turn into MIDs or Trolls? I believe sometimes these people get too exited and lose their cool thus use foul language agaist senior members just because senior members were criticizing their favourite contestant.

I have noticed that whenever a Newbie gets into arguments with a senior member, they get banned very quickly. I think they do deserve a second chance and Mods should edit out faul language and  give them a warning rather than banning their original ID.

They say that Nayancee's ID was banned without a just cause. I gues the problem is that they mind it when they lose their account with some 300 + posts and they have to start from a scratch again.

These members have no contol over their typing habbits thus very often they get into trouble. I believe these are the people with special needs and they do seek our attention. At the mean time I'm not advocating that everybody is nice and cool out their. Some of the MIDs do deserve the harsh treatment.

It will also be wrong to say that we don't care about these abusive posts and MIDs. I have notice that whenever such posts appear, it becomes a pin drop silence here on this Forum and nobody posts anything for a couple of days. It does make a difference and their actions discourage senior members but at they mean time I'm not going to quit this Forum because of these MIDs.
Edited by JasToronto - 11 years ago