Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 06 December 2012 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
List some of the top Harry Potter quotes. Not including the ones I have already posted. LOL

Edited by Shreya_luvs - 06 December 2012 at 9:25pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

NupsdipsCutecjmomo121Ephemera-PixieBunnie-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Top Harry Potter Quotes" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

Posted: 06 December 2012 at 9:26pm | IP Logged

10 Quotes from "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone"

1. It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
— Albus Dumbledore

2. It takes much bravery to stand up to our enemies but we need as much bravery to stand up to our friends.

— Albus Dumbledore

3. There is no good and evil, there is only power, and those too weak to seek it.
— Professor Quirrel

4. Enter stranger, but take heed 
Of what awaits the sin of greed, 
For those who take, but do not earn 
Must pay most dearly in their turn. 
So if you seek beneath our floors 
A treasure that was never yours, 
Thief, you have been warned; beware 
Of finding more than treasure there.

— Gringott's Bank

5. I hope you're pleased with yourselves. We could all have been killed — or worse, expelled.
— Hermione Granger

6. Mr and Mrs Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much.
— J. K. Rowling

7. Curious indeed how these things happen. The wand chooses the wizard, remember… I think we must expect great things from you, Mr Potter… After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things — terrible, yes, but great.
— Mr Ollivander

8. There was a lot more to magic, as Harry quickly found out, than waving your wand and saying a few funny words.
— J. K. Rowling

9. "One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books."
— Albus Dumbledore

10. "You haven't got a letter on yours," George observed. "I suppose she thinks you don't forget your name. But we're not stupid — we know we're called Gred and Forge."
— George Weasley

NupsdipsCutecjMioneEphemera-PixieBunnie-

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

Posted: 06 December 2012 at 9:27pm | IP Logged

10 Quotes from "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets"

1. Of all the trees we could've hit, we had to get one that hits back.
— Ron Weasley

2. "I seem to remember telling you both that I would have to expel you if you broke any more school rules," said Dumbledore. 
Ron opened his mouth wide in horror. 
"Which only goes to show that the best of us must sometimes eat our words," Dumbledore went on, smiling.

— J. K. Rowling

3. It is our choices, Harry, that show us who we truly are, far more than our abilities.
— Albus Dumbledore

4. "Ginny!" said Mr. Weasley, flabbergasted. "Haven't I taught you anything? What have I always told you? Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps it's brain?"
— Molly Weasley

5. Harry got a shock the first time he looked in the mirror over the kitchen mantelpiece and it shouted, "Tuck your shirt in, scruffy!"
— J. K. Rowling

6. Oh, well… I'd just been thinking… if you had died, you'd have been welcome to share my toilet.
— Moaning Myrtle

7. Proud? Are you crazy? All those times I could've died, and I didn't manage it? They'll be furious.
— Harry Potter

8. "Azkaban – the wizard prison, Goyle," said Malfoy, looking at him in disbelief. "Honestly, if you were any slower, you'd be going backwards."
— Draco Malfoy

9. His eyes are as green as a fresh pickled toad, 
His hair is as dark as a blackboard. 
I wish he was mine, he's really divine, 
The hero who conquered the Dark Lord.

— Singing Valentine (Received by Harry)

10. I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me… Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.
— Albus Dumbledore

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

Posted: 06 December 2012 at 9:28pm | IP Logged

10 Quotes from "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban"

1. Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business. 
Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git. 
Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor. 
Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball.

— The Marauders' Map

2. The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.
— Albus Dumbledore

3. You can exist without your soul, you know, as long as your brain and heart are still working. But you'll have no sense of self anymore, no memory, no… anything. There's no chance at all of recovery. You'll just exist. As an empty shell. And your soul is gone forever… lost.
— Remus Lupin

4. You think the dead we loved ever truly leave us? You think that we don't recall them more clearly than ever in times of great trouble? Your father is alive in you, Harry, and shows himself most plainly when you have need of him. How else could you produce that particular Patronus? Prongs rode again last night.
— Albus Dumbledore

5. And Potter—do try and win, won't you? Or we'll be out of the running for the eighth year in a row, as Professor Snape was kind enough to remind me only last night…
— Professor Minerva McGonagall

6. I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
— J. K. Rowling

7. Your parents gave their lives to keep you alive, Harry. A poor way to repay them – gambling their sacrifice for a bag of magic tricks.
— Remus Lupin

8. Tell them whatever you like. But make it quick, Remus. I want to commit the murder I was imprisoned for.
— Sirius Black

9. Oh, my dear boy, we're not going to punish you for a little thing like that! It was an accident! We don't send people to Azkaban just for blowing up their aunts!
— Cornelius Fudge

10. "What was there to be gained by fighting the most evil wizard who has ever existed?" said Black, with a terrible fury in his face. "Only innocent lives, Peter!" 
"You don't understand!" whined Pettigrew. "He would have killed me, Sirius!" 
"Then you should have died!" roared Black. "Died rather than betray your friends, as we would have done for you!"

— J. K. Rowling

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MioneCutecjEphemera-PixieBunnie-

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

Posted: 06 December 2012 at 9:31pm | IP Logged

10 Quotes from "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire"

1. We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.
— Albus Dumbledore

2. He amused himself for a moment, picturing Dumbledore, with his long silver beard, full-length wizard's robes, and pointed hat, stretched out on a beach somewhere, rubbing suntan lotion onto his long crooked nose.
— J. K. Rowling

3. It is my belief that the truth is generally preferable to lies.
— Albus Dumbledore

4. It was like trying to keep water in his cupped hands; the details were now trickling away as fast as he tried to hold on to them.
— J. K. Rowling

5. Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory.
— Albus Dumbledore

6. She would have been nice-looking if she hadn't been wearing a look that suggested there was a nasty smell under her nose.
— J. K. Rowling

7. Draco Malfoy, The Amazing, Bouncing Ferret.
— Ron Weasley

8. Come out, Harry… come out and play, then… it will be quick… it might even be painless… I would not know… I have never died.
— Voldemort

9. Socks are Dobby's favorite, favorite clothes, sir! I has seven now, sir… But sir, they has made a mistake in the shop, Harry Potter, they is giving you two the same!
— Dobby the House-Elf

10. Yeah, well, Percy wouldn't want to work for anyone with a sense of humour, would he? Percy wouldn't recognise a joke if it danced naked in front of him wearing Dobby's tea cosy.
— Ron Weasley

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

Posted: 06 December 2012 at 9:33pm | IP Logged

10 Quotes from "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"

1. The Aurors are part of the Rotfang Conspiracy, I thought everyone knew that. They're working from within to bring down the Ministry of Magic with a combination of dark magic and gum disease.
— Luna Lovegood

2. What do I care how he looks? I am good-looking enough for both of us, I theenk! All these scars show is zat my husband is brave!
— Fleur Delacour

3. Voldemort himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!
— Albus Dumbledore

4. Sometimes you remind me a lot of James. He called it my 'furry little problem' in company. Many people were under the impression that I owned a badly behaved rabbit.
— Remus Lupin

5. It was, he thought, the difference between being dragged into the arena to face a battle to the death and walking into the arena with your head held high. Some people, perhaps, would say that there was little to choose between the two ways, but Dumbledore knew — and so do I, thought Harry, with a rush of fierce pride, and so did my parents — that there was all the difference in the world.
— J. K. Rowling

6. Dumbledore says people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.
— Hermione Granger

8. It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.
— Albus Dumbledore

8. Harry was left to ponder in silence the depths to which girls would sink to get revenge.
— J. K. Rowling

9. It was important, Dumbledore said, to fight, and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then could evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.
— J. K. Rowling 

10. Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.
— Albus Dumbledore

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MioneCutecjEphemera-PixieBunnie-

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

Post Reply New Post

Go to top