Page 1 of 18

Page 1
Page   of 18
Page 2 Page 18

ummesulaiman

IF-Sizzlerz

ummesulaiman

Posted: 06 December 2012 at 3:30pm | IP Logged

Hello to all my fellow Deshians...Fatima here once again...

You know I just love the month of December...

Yes...Meet's wedding anniversary, that first snow fall of the year, sleigh bells ringing, chestnuts roasting on an open fire...

Okay I admit I don't really like chestnuts...

But the real important thing is that...Christmas is right around the corner!  .  And everyone seems to be in a festive and gift giving mood.

So I thought...why not bring the gift giving season to the Kis Desh Forum by having a Secret Santa game. 

Now that Meet's anniversary is over...I apparently have too much time on my hands...so I shall be conducting this activity. 

Not familiar with how Secret Santa works?

No problem...that's why I'm here...

Secret Santa is basically a game where everyone gets each other gifts without the other knowing who got the gift for them.

It is like an anonymous gift giving where the identity of the giver is not known till the very end.  Make sense? 

Read on...it'll become clearer, I promise.

If you'd like to participate, here's what you have to do:

1.      Please hit the like button on this post.  If the like button is giving you trouble...you can also PM me or send me a scrap, if you like. 

Then make post in this thread, stating your name, likes and dislikes.  This will help...If you are new to the forum and feel other members are not too familiar with you...It will also help your santa design your gift.
The last day to join the list of participants will be December 10, 2012.

2.      Once I get everyone's names in...I'll post the list of all the participants...that way we can be sure I haven't missed anyone.

3.      Once the list has been prepared, I will PM everyone a name.  This will be a fellow participating forum member you have to make a gift for.  Then you can get to work with your gifts. That is you will be that person's Secret Santa.  But ssshhh......remember this is supposed to be a secret...so don't tell anyone else ok?  It'll be just you and me that know who you are a Secret Santa to.

4.      For gifts, you guys can basically give each other anything, but here are some ideas if you're confused: siggiess, avis, VMs, stories, poems etc.  Please put some thought into your gift! We all love Kis Desh...but keep your fellow forum member's likes and dislikes in mind when making their gift.

5.      Of course, if you are like me and totally talentless......don't let that keep you from participating.  Instead...feel free to ask other avi/sig/vm makers for help if you want to give your partner a siggy/avi/vm.  Just make sure he or she doesn't find out.  If you decide to write something - please be original.  Remember the whole point is to have fun...so in the end it's not how professional your gift is, but rather the thought behind it that counts.

6.     Now very important step...PM your Secret Santa gifts to me by December 23rd, 2012, and I will make a post with all of the gifts on the 24th or the 25th. In the post, I'll write who the gift is FOR, but not who it's FROM.  So everyone can try to guess who their Secret Santa is.

7.      Even more important...If you choose to participate, please make sure you have a gift ready for your assigned person. Don't just sign up to get a gift and not make anything for the person you were paired up with. That just wouldn't be fair right?    If you do that then we'll be left with no choice but to take your gift away and give it to your santa instead.

So what are we waiting for Deshians?  Let's go!

Remember...

The LAST DATE to sign up for this is game is December 10th!  You'll receive the name of your partner by December 11th and that way you'll have almost 2 weeks to PM me your gift.

Remember...

The more people that participate, the more fun we'll have guessing who gave who what present!

P.S:  The clock is ticking...so if you have any questions please PM me ASAP.

(Credit Priya...SSR FC for game idea)

Edited by ummesulaiman - 26 December 2012 at 2:38pm

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

Deepaaveng-veronica-CrAZiVrAzIToobaHarshitishermanewt2007.Sunshine.aishwaryagayenluv_kdmhmdAASUS-Faiza--Xpress-Premeer_DiwaniTyrokiran_28MariaArHiholicbrainychild92.lostatsea.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Secret Santa game - Santa's Revealed - see pg 17" in Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

AASUS

IF-Sizzlerz

AASUS

Posted: 06 December 2012 at 4:25pm | IP Logged
Oooh Fatima Ji I love Xmas too
I would like to play.
Likes well I like Kis Desh so anything related to it , I would enjoy Big smile
Thank you for it Hug exciting.

Since I'm first to join - I want a partner to play. Someone join in please :P

So basically
1) HIT the LIKE button   or   SEND pm to ummesulaiman. - tell her What you like
2) Dec 10 is last day to join
3) Dec 11 ummesulaiman will pm all who it is we r making gift for
4) Dec 24 gift will be given

edit add:
Confused I'll  try to keep short.
I like lot of classic and old stuff as well as new ones. That goes for tv shows, movies, books and music too.

Indian : 
Favourite TV show would Kis Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil and also Zindagi Kahe Smile Please. 
 I like all the characters of these shows but in KDMHMD except G3, Ash, Vira and Sneha - got to be honest here LOL 
Favourite TV actor on and off screen Additi Gupta. I love everything about her.

HIndi Movie actors : I like loads of  them but I would say most favourite would be SRK, Kajol, Preity, Soha Ali Khan, Saif, Kareena.
I like Aishwarya, Priyanka and Sushmita and Parineeti too for their style etc.

Fav. singer: Many but Shaan I like most.

Western: So many but love fairy tales, cartoons, comedy shows and some musical movies and plays. The sound of music, every xmas this movie is on tv LOL I never get tired of watching it.
Love reading books. Fav. is Harry Potter. Loved all the characters and read so many time. Lost count LOL I liked the movies too.

Fav. movie actor. Many but if I were to pick Tom Cruise,  Russell Crowe, Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts.
Fav. talk show host -  never regularly watched or not interested in this type of show much but still like Oprah best.

cartoons I like the classic: T & J, tintin ( saw reruns in summer v. funny) & Kayu.

Fav tv actor -  many but I liked  Selena Gomez in Wizards Of Waverly Place. 
Fav. singer -  MJ, JB 

I listen to and watch shows/ movies in various languages. Subtitles makes it easier, but it's not needed. If I like something I would watch it.
I like politics a bit and news discussion. I used to like religious and philosophical stuff but not that interested now.
I love to have fun all the time, play games and also do sudoku. I guess I covered it.

Edited by AASUS - 13 December 2012 at 2:51am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

CrAZiVrAzI-Xpress-MariaArHiholic

-Xpress-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Xpress-

Posted: 06 December 2012 at 5:49pm | IP Logged
Great.. i am in...

but one question.. do we have to send about our likes and dislikes as PM to you or we can post here

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AASUSMariaArHiholic

ummesulaiman

IF-Sizzlerz

ummesulaiman

Posted: 06 December 2012 at 5:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Sadi-

Great.. i am in...

but one question.. do we have to send about our likes and dislikes as PM to you or we can post here

Post here so everyone can see them. Tongue

That way your secret santa will also know how to best make your gift.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

CrAZiVrAzIAASUS-Xpress-MariaArHiholic

.Sunshine.

IF-Rockerz

.Sunshine.

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 12:47am | IP Logged
Fantastic Idea Fatima :D :D

-Edited-

I forgot to add my likes :P

Well umm I'm a big fan of Preet & Meher and Tej & Toasty of Saas Bina Sasuraal. Big fan of Sushant and Ravi Dubey <3 :D
And Barfi is my favourite movie as of now <3
Fan of Friends TV show and also Prison Break :) Michael Scofield <3
And Barney & Robin of How I Met Your Mother :)

Edited by Arch.Archu - 07 December 2012 at 8:44am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

CrAZiVrAzIAASUS-Xpress-ummesulaimanMariaArHiholic

aishwaryagayen

IF-Rockerz

aishwaryagayen

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 1:41am | IP Logged
THANKS for the pm fatima ...
aishu here .. m in
like desh .. damon from v-diaries ... and harshad chopda.. and srk basically
mad about romance .. music .romantic suspense novels "nicholas sparks , anne stuart christine feehan, richelle mead are my fav. and m a die hard prem diwani .. prem is mine u know ...
kalho na ho .. pretty woman.. the notebook are the type of movies i love... dances around a lot and a full proof padhaku in the free time ..
ok basically everyone knows me here .. guess m the odd one out .. crazier in crazies :P:P:P mwaah

Edited by aishwaryagayen - 08 December 2012 at 5:55am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

AASUS-Xpress-ummesulaimanMariaArHiholic

MariaArHiholic

IF-Sizzlerz

MariaArHiholic

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 2:46am | IP Logged
don't forget me Big smile i would love to participateEmbarrassed

so HI EVERYONE!!!!Big smile
I'm Maria Embarrassed
about my likes: I love kis desh and iss pyaar PremHeer and ArnavKhushi are all the time my favourite couples...I love kis desh and iss pyaar gangs too LOL offscreen masti awww well you know everything related to both shows I'm inLOLBig smileTongue
well ok back to normal lifeLOL
I love driving (it gives me a feeling of freedomLOL) I'm very closed to my family and friends but I have also my choti si duniyaEmbarrassed well i love all the simple things and joys of life i'm very simple you knowLOL

Edited by Maria.Creationz - 07 December 2012 at 2:52am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Xpress-ummesulaiman

-Xpress-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Xpress-

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 5:20am | IP Logged
Hmmm so i like Harshad and additi (Kis desh mein hai mera dill)and barun and sanaya(iss pyar ko kya naam doon)... and i like reading stories and novels... love listening to music especially hindi songs are my favourites and right now its tum hi bandhu and radha... 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ummesulaiman

Post Reply New Post

Go to top