Episode 140 Discussion: 6th Dec 2012

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Episode 140  Discussion: 6th Dec 2012

Welcome to the Episode discussion thread which we call as Viewer's and Reader's Respite.  That's very apt, don't you think ? ๐Ÿ˜‰. And that proves our objective.

Objective behind the thread is 
  1. It helps in keeping the forum clean without much litter. People just need to fall in a habit.
  2. We can have it like breathers at first followed by analysis. 
  3. It also helps like-minded souls and pals bond and gel together to drop in their thoughts for themselves as breathers and for their friends as a peep into the episode and for others to post their reviews. 
  4. And those from different time-zones, who do not get to watch the episode at this time of telecast (Indian 8:30 PM), without any worry to trace or keep track of all their buddy's posts, they can come here, read with leisure and later post their analysis after watching it from their Time zones. 

For those who cannot watch can have the Live/Written Updates.
Today's LU from : Armu4eva
  • There are various other threads all over the forum. Please check out those as well. This is just one choice out of so many.
  • Readers are encouraged to post links of other members posts which had been "delightful read" towards analysis of episodic event/s or character analysis. It becomes an easy navigation in the myriad of posts and pages and can easily be overlooked.
  • The link to present day ED thread is always provided in the previous one discussed.Those who participated in previous thread can go to my posts and check the previous thread to get access to new link. 
  • The link to Previous Episode thread if anyone wants to trace and post/thoughts therehttps://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3328878

Cheers,
SD

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Episode 140 Discussion - EOD summary

Madhu Marriage per My rules, But this is about My Love for you RK

Episode Events
RK identifies that Kimam was used to adulterate Madhu's Sargi and that's how she had food poisoning. He has his doubts on Dipali, however as he doesn't have proof, doesn't pursue the matter in a direct manner, instead asks Bittuji to cancel all his appointments for the day and just keep one interview. RK hires surveillance service. Three men are employed to keep a watch on Kuku, Sikky and Dipali Bhatia. Dips still tries to poison Rads ears, but Rads asks to stop as she is upset with Dips sweet lies and throwing away of the sargi. The security men, start noting Kuku and Sikky activities through out the day, which is just booze and sleep. Madhu streams of consciousness start and she imagines herself chatting with RK and her writing down her feelings in a paper...love letter. Before that she already has changed into a saree. Now writing the letter while seeming to follow RK, she steps into the kitchen. And there very dreamily forgetting everything about her ill health starts cooking for her husband. She finishes the letter too. Keeps the letter in the food tray and goes to give it to RK. RK is maddened to see Madhu working instead of resting. He gives her a reality check on her Karva Chauth ka Vrat drama, her being food poisoned, her being weak and yet her working like there's no tomorrow. He throws away the food. In his anger, he also tells that if the vrat really increased the husband's life then his father would not have died early, advises Madhu to get wiser and leaves the roof in a huff,

Episode reviews
Page 1 - nehakariba, manonids, Gurtiluv, himbin
Page 2 - HopelessLove, apolloartemis
Page 3 - Sohaila, Soundarya, SD
Page 4 - Charu , continued discussion on each others posts
Page 5- Red_Opium, zoya_naziya, AllThingsNice
Page 6 - continued discussion on each others posts
Page 7 - kt25
Page 10 - Bhakti2

Edited by 0-SD-0 - 11 years ago
Meenah thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
it was an amazing epi
madhu trying to write the letter was too gud
n rk knocking down sense to madhu was the high point
so my guess no more confession from madhu side atleast now
Manonidz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

It seems RK 's love for Madhu would  be harsh/burning with his past grudges till the time he settles down emotionally. Madhu was cherishing beautiful moments of her life imagining RK with her journey to confession,๐Ÿ˜ณ but boom!!! 'it busted badly '..RK's harsh reaction was more of the simmering anger towards KC, which he could not vent out earlier but it came out on Madhu despite the fact that she kept the fast with pure and honest intentions. 

Madhu perhaps understood his reaction, but its unbelievable that RK believes that Madhu kept the fast for earning respect!!!! Its ridiculous๐Ÿ˜ก...I somehow found the timing of his reaction imperfect ...she only prepared his lunch, not with any intention to please him or earn respect ...,.His harsh reaction seems uncalled for, to me atleast ...or may be the writer could not make it convincing ๐Ÿ˜•...( i am bit unconvinced with his reaction)...I wonder if he really doubts her real intentions keeping the rituals  still???

Madhu virtually/verbally slapped Dips ๐Ÿ‘'..Bravo woman '.Aapko toh khush hona chaiye aapke Dewar ka ghar bas raha hai...๐Ÿ˜†...Madhu seems to have learned dealing with Dips at least verbally ..๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by Manonids - 11 years ago
EnchantedForest thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I dont mean to offend anyone here but I can relate to RK's point of view. I mean he is mostly saying these things because A. he is afraid of Madhu's love and B. he has seen these rituals be proven wrong in front of him. But he did have a point to me. I have never been the one to believe in fasting because I believe abusing your body which is a gift from God cant get you closer to God. God would never want people hurting themselves. So when RK said "You have to earn respect and not ask for it" I was like OMG bingo. But to each its own again I dont mean to offend anyone. Im not sure if he really feels the same way as I do but is just saying because he has seen these rituals proven false in front of his eyes. He doesnt believe in relationships anymore and is not really ready for one so fast no matter what he feels for Madhu. His concern for her to be there ok infront of his eyes is okay. Or maybe he doesnt know yet that Madhu is doing this out of love for him and not just fallowing the books like Dipali and Radhaji. Edited by Gurtiluv - 11 years ago
dramago thumbnail
RK's reaction was totally  unexpected...It stemmed from his concern for her well being and anger at 
her foolishness in following all those rituals by pushing her health too far...the extent to which she went to get sargi there by falling sick must have fueled his anger too...I have a feeling that RK might chance up on that letter...until now he only knows that Madhu took him as her husband and hence wanted to fulfill KC but,when he gets to know that she also loves him and how deeply she feels for him he is sure going to be affected and that could be why he tries to make it up for Madhu by decorating the set...

Madhu's imaginations of RK while writing the letter were cute...even in those imaginations she was seeking help and guidance from RK...shows how much she values and admires his thinking...also shows how much she craves for his approval...he indeed is khazi and maula for her...

madhu's answering back Deepali was good... surveillance on the threesome...does it yield anything..?or is it just for comic relief..?? 
Edited by himbin - 11 years ago
tabby999 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
POOR MADHU REALITY CHECK SE ZAYADA USKE DIL KA BURA HAAL HOGA
applenpeaches thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Manonids

Madhu perhaps understood his reaction, but its unbelievable that RK believes that Madhu kept the fast for earning respect!!!! Its ridiculous๐Ÿ˜ก...I somehow found the timing of his reaction imperfect ...she only prepared his lunch, not with any intention to please him or earn respect ...,.His harsh reaction seems uncalled for, to me atleast ...or may be the writer could not make it convincing ๐Ÿ˜•...( i am bit unconvinced with his reaction)...I wonder if he really doubts her real intentions keeping the rituals  still???

Nids, I think the SBCC were too eager with our victory yesterday.. He needs improvement.. Lets keep up with our aandolan.. 

HopelessLove thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Oh. My. God! Today's episode was a reality check!

This was something I did not expect. It felt like someone punched me or rather knocked me senseless. That was my reaction to RK s outburst. He was in his character. He changes but on his terms and doesn't like being forced to do anything against his wishes. So his outburst was fine but my heart broke for Madhu.

Will update my post later. I'm still in shock.

UPDATE:

At last, I can update my post now! As I have already mentioned yesterday's episode was a good reality check for one and all. It was a big shock for me but, if I had observed the previous episodes I would have known this was coming.. The TRIO - Madhu-RK-Bittu ji are the only main characters in the show now. Rest of them are just fillers.

Oh before I start writing I would like to say.. AA, SD, Soundarya, Gurtiluv... completely agree with what you have said. You have better understanding for the characters than I have. But, this has been eating me since the KC track started. 

I don't know what to expect from the story now. It is easy for us to sit here and criticize about the characters and give our varied views about what to do and what not... Only the person facing the music knows and depending upon their presence of mind, they react to the situations. I have never really liked Madhu's character. Even Geet was much more sensible and had lot of depth in her. And even DR. Muskan for that matter. This Madhu character is not written well. 

Madhu is what around 21-22 yrs, and as per me she is totally pampered by all. Especially the Malliks. They have always showered her with love and security. She has always been loved, happy childhood for that matter. She has never really suffered as RK did and nor has she the understanding for the pain. She is feeling it for him, agreed. But, going through and just feeling others pain is totally different thing. You never actually have to go through the pain. You are suffering as they were tormented. That understanding is different than actually suffering.

And yes, maturity is not directly or even inversely related to age. One can be 50 yrs old and still be immature. So I won't be blaming Madhu for her immaturity. Maturity comes through experience which Madhu lacks. I was really annoyed with her for defying RK. The man has explained you very clearly WHY he doesn't believe in the whole farce. But, she was being stubborn and immature. Okay, you are traditional and you want to follow all the rituals. Good, carry on.. But, hello!! This is 21st century evolve your traditions. That eating from the trash was a little gross for me. Or maybe it is just me, as I don't believe in fasting. This is like we are bribing God to listen to us. I have faith in God, but I doubt God wants his children to suffer and then bribe him with all these dramas. Okay, I should stop this here. 

So, basically I am supporting RK here. Great, I have said it aloud now. I like Madhu and Bittu-ji too. But, RK is the sensible one. We were distracted by Madhu and her dreams that we lost track of reality. This was one good reality check we got from RK. If we were not blinded by Madhu, we could have seen clearly how annoyed RK was getting with each passing minute. Well, Madhu now you know, way to RKs heart is not through his stomach but rather with your brains and logic.

If you go back and see, how annoyed RK was. He was not comfortable doing any of those rituals he did not believe in. He has no doubt about Madhu's sincerity towards the rituals but he places health ahead of this ritual. 

First, we saw how much he was shocked that madhu is keeping the vrat even after he told her not to. Madhu, should have got her 1st clue there itself. To please RK, she has to listen to what he says and not defy him and then expect him to be sweet to her. She forced him to do something he did not believe. She is going rather fast on him. he is a scarred soul and such people take time to heal. You cannot expect miracles from them. He is changing but in his own pace. Madhu got a little carried off with her victory that she can handle him and make him do what she wants. That was another MISTAKE she made. Agreed, She is totally in love and she is not seeing anything. Even RK could see, when he explained her nicely she does not listen. 

Second, Bittu-ji came and told him how she stole the sargi and how she was taking so much efforts to complete the vrat. Rk, was annoyed at her stubbornness here. he knew she would rather die but not drink water. So, he came running home so that she will complete her vrat. He just humored her and she took all these in her stride. She was happy, her faith in place. But, what for? She almost fainted and is not well now. God, never wanted their children to do this. He made us and provided with food so that we survive. He took care of Madhu. Madhu is important to him. Only one thing kept ringing in my head, his conversation with Malik. There we saw how he told Malik now Madhu was his responsibility and he will protect her from harms way. True, he is protecting her from physical harm but he is not realising that he is hurting her emotionally.

Third, in the morning when madhu got up to go to washroom. Their nok-jhok, it was endearing for us. Buy, did you see, how much more irritated her was and how restless he was. When he was ill, she took care of him. But she was not allowing him to take care of her. And then, Bittu-ji interrupted them. One look of his face was enough to chill someone. He was angry. Then following that breakfast drama. Madhu was being kiddish, he said it right. She is a small child inside. 

Fourth, and the last straw... Madhu cooking meal for him when she was hardly fit. She should have rested and then took care of making meal for him. What was she thinking??? RK an ordinary guy?? No. Sorry dear, you need to come back to reality. he is no regular guy like that Makki. that one look from him and he just blasted her. That was a reality check for me too. I was blinded by Madhu's dreams and hence all sweet sweet RK was too good. But, then we got our RK back. 

I am not saying he did the right thing by throwing away the food tray. But, come on, give him some slack here. The guy has been worried about her health and who could be who is trying to poison her. He can't have a relaxed time. The moment he lets his guard down something happens. he could have told Madhu lightly. But, you know what.. Madhu would not have listened. That throwing the tray did the work. That broke her from her trance and she saw the reality. Madhu will always be childish. 

I an relate to RKs reations as I would have done the same. I have little RK in me. I can't tolerate hypocrisy and anything fake. It just ticks me off. But, I am not into hating people. Being an artist I understand to RKs temperament. We are extreme people. We do everything to the extreme and not easy people to live with. I hope, Madhu understands this.

I recently read this book and this one line has stayed with me "One should know when to walk away.." the moment you learn doing that you never will suffer so much.
That is what I want Madhu to understand. She doesn't know to walk away. She keeps barging in. and the result you saw... Only destruction...

i think only this REALITY CHECK was an eye-opener and highlight of the episode. Other scenes just fade away for me.

Sorry, if I have hurt anyone's sentiments. This is just my opinion. You can disagree with it.

Edited by HopelessLove - 11 years ago
Manonidz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: applenpeaches

Nids, I think the SBCC were too eager with our victory yesterday.. He needs improvement.. Lets keep up with our aandolan.. 

๐Ÿ˜†...I am all for it ...