Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka

sameer agenda aaj tak/tez channel chotaparda[DTNote:13] (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 19

paradigm

IF-Dazzler

paradigm

Posted: 06 December 2012 at 11:39pm | IP Logged
Hmmm so I didnt like a lot of what Samir Soni said! You cant say that you dont have  a social responsibility. As a professional do you want to be associated with a project that is propagating nonsesne. The answer is yes most TV actors do it not because of a necessity (these people arent struggling ti make ends meet) rather out of greed/ desire to have a lot of money and fame. Thats fine if you want to make that personal choice. But please dont say that as an actor your hands are tied. you can akways choose to walk away from a bad project but the lure of money and fame stops you

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

rupasisarah_singhDeepShadowchitsssrainbowgirl-Hima-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "sameer agenda aaj tak/tez channel chotaparda[DTNote:13] (Page 7)" in Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sarah_singh

sarah_singh

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 3:19am | IP Logged
Sameer Sonis interview was very debatable as while he did put forth  very valid explanation for
for some of the questions I think in his effort to defend Parichay he made some unusual statements which he later tried to justify ---

His view on TV/movie stars status of big & small was good in the sense while TV stars are more familar to the masses is no indication of they popularity but movie stars survive on popularity because people pay for what they watch is absolutely true.  He  stated that its no gaurantee if you are popular on TV  or people just tolerate you is  true  because in a recent contest between 4 male actors on the most liked hunk or something despite the 4-5 awards sameer won he got the lowest votes indicating talent is least considered  which proves that age, looks & body of male actors play as big role in they popularity ----

On his view that people get addicted to TV serials & continue watching is right , also that serials are like 24 movies a year & how much can 1 director, caste ,actor etc etc do is unacceptable especially if he contends that the TV industry is as lucrative as cinema then why shouldnt they have the responibality of producing quality serials even if it is mass production - it certainly doesnot give them the right to dump substandard stuff on the public  & here's where channels need to review & take action especially when popular opinion is reflected in poor TRP & negative public opinion. Yes people get addicted to serials & while a movie will be declared as a hit or flop as people watch it based on reviews they donot have the same option in serials as they continue to watch in hope that it would get better --

""on TV serials social responsibility - i will continue --

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

vipraja26rupasiDeepShadowrainbowgirl-Hima-

Rush2220

IF-Sizzlerz

Rush2220

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 4:21am | IP Logged

I loved what Sakshi said (not a ST fan at all but sach toh sach hai) about the ppl knowing what was going to be shown for 15 days due to promo's, they watched it till the end and then made faces saying 'yeh kya dikha rahen hai.ClapClap  

it was overall a very good session , balika vadhu was aksed a good question that she went and stopped 4000 bal vivah but at 17  was married in a showROFL and her reply was i am an actor and have to do it. true its her job.Wink

Agreed with samir that actors have their limits too as far as social responsibility goes. if actors and why actors i'll say this for the writers, directors and everyone associated with the entertainment industry that if every one becomes 'socially responsible' then most of the movies and shows will have to be 'Dharmik' coz every show/movie will have a Abahy, Ritchs, Jagya, Dr dang, Gajni etc etc. Ranjeet (actor who i think did a rape scene in every movie) should be hanged.LOL

all huge multinational companies like coke/pepsi/mc Donald should be closed as they are not being socially responsible and giving junk all over the world to the next gen.

we work or our 'providers' do, are we happy with our jobs,Confused can we say our companies are perfect and their is no 'wrong doings' in them, everything is absolutely perfect. In my opinion, no work environment is perfect, so what do we do, leave our jobs and sit at homeConfused can we do that. It is very easy to pass judgement or sarcastic comments on others but very tough to take the 'social responsibilities' ourselves.Ouch

Samir i think did his maths wrong, if we take 4 movies a month then it is 48 movies a yr n not 24LOL that is a lot, ab drag nahin hoga toh kya hoga. i think now these shows too should have seasons. maybe we will get better stuff acc to my POVBig smile

Edited by Rush2220 - 07 December 2012 at 4:20am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

rpmenon-sahasra-eshi.nlkalpanaRRajashBHAVIIshweta_r

rainbowgirl

IF-Rockerz

rainbowgirl

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 4:50am | IP Logged

we work or our 'providers' do, are we happy with our jobs,Confused can we say our companies are perfect and their is no 'wrong doings' in them, everything is absolutely perfect. In my opinion, no work environment is perfect, so what do we do, leave our jobs and sit at homeConfused can we do that. It is very easy to pass judgement or sarcastic comments on others but very tough to take the 'social responsibilities' ourselves.Ouch

Samir i think did his maths wrong, if we take 4 movies a month then it is 48 movies a yr n not 24LOL that is a lot, ab drag nahin hoga toh kya hoga. i think now these shows too should have seasons. maybe we will get better stuff acc to my POVBig smile

[/QUOTE]

@bold...Agreed Rush everyone has their limitations & responsibilities in their own environment, no one is asking anyone to leave their jobs to become a social activist. Like it or not a public figure has to be diplomatic in what they speak & do, regardless to comments & criticisms as it affects their image.If being diplomatic isn't there thing, then paying heed to criticisms doesn't require right?.We don't watch the show for social message but for entertainment factor, if that is missing why speak about anything else? If the show isn't giving any social messages well & good but shouldn't the makers,actors etc be accountable for sending the wrong message to audience? Ermm just my POV Smile

Edited by rainbowgirl - 07 December 2012 at 5:09am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

rupasi.RajvirNandini.shweta_r

paradigm

IF-Dazzler

paradigm

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 5:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rush2220

I loved what Sakshi said (not a ST fan at all but sach toh sach hai) about the ppl knowing what was going to be shown for 15 days due to promo's, they watched it till the end and then made faces saying 'yeh kya dikha rahen hai.ClapClap  

it was overall a very good session , balika vadhu was aksed a good question that she went and stopped 4000 bal vivah but at 17  was married in a showROFL and her reply was i am an actor and have to do it. true its her job.Wink

Agreed with samir that actors have their limits too as far as social responsibility goes. if actors and why actors i'll say this for the writers, directors and everyone associated with the entertainment industry that if every one becomes 'socially responsible' then most of the movies and shows will have to be 'Dharmik' coz every show/movie will have a Abahy, Ritchs, Jagya, Dr dang, Gajni etc etc. Ranjeet (actor who i think did a rape scene in every movie) should be hanged.LOL

all huge multinational companies like coke/pepsi/mc Donald should be closed as they are not being socially responsible and giving junk all over the world to the next gen.

I agree no work environment is perfect. But my problem is that we should accept that the work environment isnt perfect and that by still working tehre we are also part of the mistake, SAMIR is a part of a show like Parichay that has been showing utter nonsense for the past few months. I would prefer if he says that shows should not propagate utter nonsense. But they do and he is also a part of this nonsense as thats a compromise he has made in his life. He cant keep saying that he is not responsible or that he is constrained. I'll give you an example.
1. I worked in the supply chain division of a major indian company. They paid me well but i knew that their production standards for food items was below standard and that they didnt treat theur labourers well. So i did believe that i was a part of the problem because i worked in such a company. Eventually i stopped working there

2. I now work in a start up. A company that was famous for its environment violatiosna nd corrupt practices was offering us crores of money but we didnt take that money,

i AM Sorry but i believe taht we are responsible for our professional choices. I believe that we should accept that we have made a compromise if that company isnt good rather than trying to detach ourselves by saying that we arnt responsible

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

vipraja26san_aishrupasisarah_singhDeepShadowrainbowgirl

rainbowgirl

IF-Rockerz

rainbowgirl

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 5:20am | IP Logged

[/QUOTE]

I agree no work environment is perfect. But my problem is that we should accept that the work environment isnt perfect and that by still working tehre we are also part of the mistake, SAMIR is a part of a show like Parichay that has been showing utter nonsense for the past few months. I would prefer if he says that shows should not propagate utter nonsense. But they do and he is also a part of this nonsense as thats a compromise he has made in his life. He cant keep saying that he is not responsible or that he is constrained. I'll give you an example.
1. I worked in the supply chain division of a major indian company. They paid me well but i knew that their production standards for food items was below standard and that they didnt treat theur labourers well. So i did believe that i was a part of the problem because i worked in such a company. Eventually i stopped working there

2. I now work in a start up. A company that was famous for its environment violatiosna nd corrupt practices was offering us crores of money but we didnt take that money,

i AM Sorry but i believe taht we are responsible for our professional choices. I believe that we should accept that we have made a compromise if that company isnt good rather than trying to detach ourselves by saying that we arnt responsible
[/QUOTE]

Good point Paradigm, if we can't make changes coz of our limitations we should at least own up to that & be clear about it. Passing the buck to others saying am not responsible & being the part of the show/company to reap the benefits makes the person look a tad unprofessional in my POV Ouch.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

rupasisarah_singhshweta_r

Rush2220

IF-Sizzlerz

Rush2220

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 5:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rainbowgirl

@bold...Agreed Rush everyone has their limitations & responsibilities in their own environment, no one is asking anyone to leave their jobs to become a social activist. Like it or not a public figure have to be diplomatic in what they speak & do, regardless to comments & criticisms as it affects their image. We don't watch the show for social message but for entertainment factor, if that is missing why speak about anything else? If the show isn't giving any social messages well & good but shouldn't the makers,actors etc be accountable for sending the wrong message to audience? Ermm just my POV Smile
[/QUOTE]

@red - was he not criticized or will he not be if he is diplomatic, Confused just after the post leap maybe he had been diplomatic and he is still being criticized for it. so basically a public figure will always be criticized by ppl, and i guess they are very used to it. it is us who get hassled by it n I say this for all actors coz am seeing it happen on twitter for another actor. Samir is being criticized for what he said and another actor is being criticized for what he did not say.

@pink - now who is to decide what is entertaining nd what is not, i dont find BV or other top shows entertaining but they are the top shows, neither do I like salman khan movies but they are super hits so they must be good for many people, its a matter of choice.  BB is not entertaining for me but then i know ppl who enjoy it, but i will not look down upon them n say how can you watch this, it is sending a wrong msg to youngsters. it's their choice. As far as I am concerned the day I stop watching the show, I will move on completely from it. that will be my choice with the remote and the mouse/cursor. My POVBig smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rpmenon-sahasra-

sarah_singh

sarah_singh

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 5:24am | IP Logged

"on TV serials social responsibility -  our responsibility is entertainment not change the country as we are fooling people because people do what they want  our job is to entertain & give what you want- we are all intelligent people we might be impressionable but in the end we do what is right in our own mind."  Well I am not certain now if this is Samir sonis stand on social responsibility in the media revolution or he was simply trying to defend Parichay as his remarks came directly after Avika's  comments on the subject & on the impact of BV  & while he did try to later justify his statement by shifting responsibility to the writer & TRPs  saying actors have limited authority he  did not justify his initial statements  by saying his responsibility is limited to do the best in his role

I agree TV is part of every familys life -  most intelligent people will not get impacted by watching a prime time serial which is aired 5 days a week but what about those in a country like India where some are illiterate or  more impressionable by the influence of TV serials especially when it insults the intelligence of the lead actor who says how can someone who just got married to me be running away with someone else when a serial shows a man using force to marry a woman or use violence against her, will it not have a negative impact on some segments ???

Like passive smoking affects only some people with cancer so also the constant negative depiction of TV characters influence some segment of the masses & that does not absolve the makers of they responsibility of negatively impacting society so that the serial production team can continue in business making lucrative packages in the name of entertainment without any regard for public opinion.  Hope the Parichay team will reassess its story line & start showing positive entertainment.

I think the gentleman in the audience who raised the point on Amir serial made an excellent point on social responsibility in general ---

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vipraja26rupasiDeepShadowrainbowgirl

Post Reply New Post

Go to top