sameer agenda aaj tak/tez channel chotaparda[DTNote:13] - Page 6

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by rainbowgirl

@bold...Agreed Rush everyone has their limitations & responsibilities in their own environment, no one is asking anyone to leave their jobs to become a social activist. Like it or not a public figure have to be diplomatic in what they speak & do, regardless to comments & criticisms as it affects their image. We don't watch the show for social message but for entertainment factor, if that is missing why speak about anything else? If the show isn't giving any social messages well & good but shouldn't the makers,actors etc be accountable for sending the wrong message to audience? πŸ€” just my POV πŸ˜Š
[/QUOTE]

@red - was he not criticized or will he not be if he is diplomatic, πŸ˜• just after the post leap maybe he had been diplomatic and he is still being criticized for it. so basically a public figure will always be criticized by ppl, and i guess they are very used to it. it is us who get hassled by it n I say this for all actors coz am seeing it happen on twitter for another actor. Samir is being criticized for what he said and another actor is being criticized for what he did not say.

@pink - now who is to decide what is entertaining nd what is not, i dont find BV or other top shows entertaining but they are the top shows, neither do I like salman khan movies but they are super hits so they must be good for many people, its a matter of choice.  BB is not entertaining for me but then i know ppl who enjoy it, but i will not look down upon them n say how can you watch this, it is sending a wrong msg to youngsters. it's their choice. As far as I am concerned the day I stop watching the show, I will move on completely from it. that will be my choice with the remote and the mouse/cursor. My POVπŸ˜ƒ

"on TV serials social responsibility -  our responsibility is entertainment not change the country as we are fooling people because people do what they want  our job is to entertain & give what you want- we are all intelligent people we might be impressionable but in the end we do what is right in our own mind."  Well I am not certain now if this is Samir sonis stand on social responsibility in the media revolution or he was simply trying to defend Parichay as his remarks came directly after Avika's  comments on the subject & on the impact of BV  & while he did try to later justify his statement by shifting responsibility to the writer & TRPs  saying actors have limited authority he  did not justify his initial statements  by saying his responsibility is limited to do the best in his role

I agree TV is part of every familys life -  most intelligent people will not get impacted by watching a prime time serial which is aired 5 days a week but what about those in a country like India where some are illiterate or  more impressionable by the influence of TV serials especially when it insults the intelligence of the lead actor who says how can someone who just got married to me be running away with someone else – when a serial shows a man using force to marry a woman or use violence against her, will it not have a negative impact on some segments ???

Like passive smoking affects only some people with cancer so also the constant negative depiction of TV characters influence some segment of the masses & that does not absolve the makers of they responsibility of negatively impacting society so that the serial production team can continue in business making lucrative packages in the name of entertainment without any regard for public opinion.  Hope the Parichay team will reassess its story line & start showing positive entertainment.

I think the gentleman in the audience who raised the point on Amir serial made an excellent point on social responsibility in general ---

iam nt asking sameer soni to leave his job as it is his bread and butter and it is very difficult to find work in this competetive world...bt as far as i remember he said in one of the interviews that he believes in providing intelligent drama..so where is that intelligent quotient in parichay the show in which he is a lead actor in every interview he says he fights with ekta bt his hands are tied and they cannot do anything they are just mere actors..he should stop creebing and giving false promises everytime as he has nw clearly accepted that actors do nt have any social responsibilities..we do not have any complain we also know u r just a mere actor..he should nw just accept the fact that he is just a part of the show which has been showing some utter nonsense craps...also he said in one of the interviews he is nt comfortable smooching in tv why should he be...is nt he just a mere actor who is a puppet in writer, directors hand who is meant for entertaining the viewers...just my POV..
Originally posted by rainbowgirl

i think he said we make one film in two weeks so 2 movies in one month and 24 movies in one year  

but yes he is right and was the only non  diplomatic person in the panel the other three were behaving like there on screen character

had anandi  made such a difference child marriage would have bee completely abolished  in India by this  years old show and sorry to say they made very idealistic family does this happen in real even in metropolitans not many families agree for second marriage of daughter in law , not eve working daughter in law is accepted expecting these changes because of tv serial is stupid

sameer  i think is the only actor in the industry  who openly accepts his difference of opinion with ekta and cv others say they have social responsibility but do all kinds of stupid things in the serial 2 marriages , leaving family for 5 years thinking what is the use  because the were thinking she is dead and though she has child with that man , or sitting in mandap instead of her sister as the sister had gone for dance performance or did they show medical consequences of marrying a man double to your age 

and do these socially aware actors are given respect and have any say in front of channel "no"

channel run masala serials to get more trp and run more ads  who cares what message  fans are getting and if he channel is teaching good moral value or not , they brought amir khan for masala , kept a song in the end of every episode , also made people talk to favorite celeb all was part of masala  no solution was provided by the serial only condition was shown and besides first two weeks later its trp fell  very low this shows people are not ready for lecture they want entertainment 

actors are only able to leave impression and that i think sameer is the only actor on who works that his character does that.  that is why he did not do 2  marriages   , even ekta had to bend down on his will this is a responsible actor ,  kunal no matter what happens always wear seat belt this is responsible

how can  an actor challenge the writer , how can he say that the writer is not being socially responsible and how can he change the story if the cv , the channel and producer are willing to and happy go with the script , if actor does too much of chick-chick he will be thrown out of the serial no one will listen to his duty that he was trying to be socially responsible 

but telling me that  he should give 30 min lecture every day on good morals , or should stand for every twist in serial come on give me a break he is there to earn and we are here to enjoy 

taking up responsibility like politician is not their duty and if they take up this duty the so called audience asking them these questions will be the first one to change the channel 

why don't people see these social films over sharuhk and salman films 

you know what these words"responsible" ,"social duty"  "roll model" and "inspirational"are god to win beauty pageants but are far from todays reality

i am impressed and happy that sameer spoke the truth and his true thought which is a reality   and not a good  scrip which is talking only idealistic scenario and is way far from reality 

hats off  to dabang sameer soni πŸ‘

🀣
Be it Sameer sir or Kunal, either one of them says something and it is HOTπŸ˜†

I agree the interview seemed very much unlike what we are use to of him or unlike what we expect of him. I say I liked it very much as he was being completely honest there. Major issue was "responsibility". I was laughing when anchor talked about social responsibility with daily soap actors. Really? What the hell NEWS channels do then? There are many shows and movies that brought out good concepts, did people follow them? Some guy said Satymev jayate, sure people were shocked, on their tv and what not; but then what? My family was watching it and my brother came running like Jay they are saying what you said few months ago. You were right on this issue. I was like so, I know I was right but now Aamir Khan said it so wow? What is next? Well will not go there as it's another issue.

Now responsibility for entertainment and what is being shown. Well we always have power to use remote. He too can walk away from the show and he accepted it openly that it is his "rozi-roti" that's why he does it. Also he said so many times he acts "responsible" towards his work and is being said you are crossing your limit as an actor or trps says people are watching so shut up. He accepted he is responsible, but not to extent we perceive him to be. His hands are tied as far as what he can do. That individual said "I am not responsible" is a problem. Well dude have you taken irresponsibility for watching the crap fest or you are just blaming it all on show? 

Now one thing I disagree with him is they are providing what people want. Well not the case with Parichay. We do not want what is being shown and I hope viewership of Parichay in general feels that way. Hope Dec. 19 proves that and is a big slap on their face. 

Many questions that were asked to actors, I feel should be directed to makers-writers, directors and producers. I would love to ask these questions to Parichay CVs. I was happy that Sameer sir was completley honest there. He did not give any false promise that we are trying to make intelligent drama, show has potential, acted all diplomatic goody goody and accepted openly that is how he makes his living so he does it. I can sya he himself very much frustrated as what is being shown in Parichay and also fingers being pointed at him. 

@bold...Agreed Rush everyone has their limitations & responsibilities in their own environment, no one is asking anyone to leave their jobs to become a social activist. Like it or not a public figure have to be diplomatic in what they speak & do, regardless to comments & criticisms as it affects their image. We don't watch the show for social message but for entertainment factor, if that is missing why speak about anything else? If the show isn't giving any social messages well & good but shouldn't the makers,actors etc be accountable for sending the wrong message to audience? πŸ€” just my POV πŸ˜Š

@red - was he not criticized or will he not be if he is diplomatic, πŸ˜• just after the post leap maybe he had been diplomatic and he is still being criticized for it. so basically a public figure will always be criticized by ppl, and i guess they are very used to it. it is us who get hassled by it n I say this for all actors coz am seeing it happen on twitter for another actor. Samir is being criticized for what he said and another actor is being criticized for what he did not say.

@pink - now who is to decide what is entertaining nd what is not, i dont find BV or other top shows entertaining but they are the top shows, neither do I like salman khan movies but they are super hits so they must be good for many people, its a matter of choice.  BB is not entertaining for me but then i know ppl who enjoy it, but i will not look down upon them n say how can you watch this, it is sending a wrong msg to youngsters. it's their choice. As far as I am concerned the day I stop watching the show, I will move on completely from it. that will be my choice with the remote and the mouse/cursor. My POVπŸ˜ƒ

You've quoted my unedited post πŸ˜› πŸ˜Š 

Like it or not a public figure has to be diplomatic in what they speak & do, regardless to comments & criticisms as it affects their image.If being diplomatic isn't there thing, then paying heed to criticisms doesn't require right?

This is what i said πŸ˜‰ I agree a public figure is criticized irrespective of what they do or not. We've been listening & reading about what a gentleman actor SS is from the time of BB4 days, i was  surprised to hear his talk on Aajtak 

The makers have to be clear on what category their show falls under & its up to audience to appreciate or depreciate itπŸ˜‰. BV's theme is to send the social message across & the makers are clear on it till date- the message which flashes after each episode proves that. Parichay was introduced to us with the promise of showing Kunal Chopra's life & his struggle which we never got  instead the makers gave us the love story of KC which was accepted by viewers coz it gave us entertainment.What is the show giving the viewers now? only disgust,disappointment & dread πŸ€’ I too don't like Salman & BB nor have i wasted my time watching both, but there is a niche audience who find them entertaining & they are getting entertained.Why not us?  Even though am not watching the show,just reading the LU as its less torturousπŸ˜‰ I have a tiny hope for the show which makes me hang on to it & make me rant πŸ˜‰
Edited by rainbowgirl - 11 years ago
you know guys...instead of interviewing the actors...the aaj tak people must interview the writers and cvs of this shows...especially parichay and BALH...and the dans should really ask them logical and honest questions and be stern to them...and ask them to review the crap they are writing...that would be a slap on their faces

seriously i would ask them "will you in real life marry 2-3 husbands...even being married to first husband with his kids...will you sleep with your next husband then find another prey get married to him and then again romance him...how many husbands do you want in real life"....this is the first question i will ask...becos thats what they have been showing for decades...it would be a slap on their faces...disgusting bunch of morons...

actors are just puppets...no matter what sammy says...he fights...in the end he looses...as they only want to show what they want...so here even sammy is consider a puppet in their hands...they should interview those morons rather than the actors...
Originally posted by rupasi

iam nt asking sameer soni to leave his job as it is his bread and butter and it is very difficult to find work in this competetive world...bt as far as i remember he said in one of the interviews that he believes in providing intelligent drama..so where is that intelligent quotient in parichay the show in which he is a lead actor in every interview he says he fights with ekta bt his hands are tied and they cannot do anything they are just mere actors..he should stop creebing and giving false promises everytime as he has nw clearly accepted that actors do nt have any social responsibilities..we do not have any complain we also know u r just a mere actor..he should nw just accept the fact that he is just a part of the show which has been showing some utter nonsense craps...also he said in one of the interviews he is nt comfortable smooching in tv why should he be...is nt he just a mere actor who is a puppet in writer, directors hand who is meant for entertaining the viewers...just my POV..

THIS has to be my biggest issue in the entire sequence of events. Some of the things Samir said make sense but it is off putting when he tries to put his feet in two different boats with some other statements. He had said that he does not want people to point at him saying that what he is doing is "nonsense" but if you are the protagonist of the show, that is more or less likely to happen because you are the one on the forefront and you are the face of the show for the audience, you cannot simply shrug off the responsibility and say you have nothing to do with it because you don't write the show.

And honestly, if you have no responsibility then why is there constantly a need to justify yourself by time and again saying that "I fight with Ekta" "I fight with the creatives" in articles and making grumpy faces on television segments talking about how unhappy you are with the show? Initially, I admired the fact that he tries to reason out his differences but later on there were more articles of "I fight with Ekta...but she wins at the end" "I fight with the creatives..but I cannot convince them" "I fight so much with the writers that they might throw me out" ... alas, what is the point of all this fighting when you cannot change the course of things anyways? And now if you believe that you have no responsibility for what is shown then may as well shut your mouth and do your work. Why is there a need to project that you stand on a higher moral ground than the people who write the show and that you fight for logic when at the end of the day you continue to enact the illogical shit they churn out and ultimately, despite being "unhappy" with the show, you very happily turn up at every random award function to accept the "Best Actor" award for this very show?

Samir is getting all the desired name, fame, money, awards, and publicity from Parichay and he simply cannot pass on the entire responsibility for the show onto the writers and then joyfully gloat about his achievements. If the writers/creatives/makers have given him the bad, they have also very much given him the good. You work as a team of hundreds of people and you rise and fall together. And finally if you accept that there is not much you can do then may as well remain silent on the matter.
I first of all did not understand why Samir felt it was necessary to answer a question put forth to Avika πŸ˜•, anyways he probably wanted to voice his opinion and the platform being conducive, went ahead! But I cannot agree with his statement that he is not responsible towards bettering the country or society(this does contradict with his statement that he won't smooch on national TV in the 9.30 slot as it may corrupt young impressionable mindsπŸ˜•), in my opinion every individual is.Yes one maybe restricted by various factors , I agree Samir accepted and explained it in oh so many words  when countered by a gentleman from the audienceπŸ˜ƒ.
Another issue I have is when countered Samir passed on the 'responsibility' to the writers , why so ? Are the writers solely responsible for the outcome that is 'Parichay'? It's teamwork and I felt as a part of that team it was unprofessional on his part to point fingers.I have never appreciated whenever he said he fights with Ekta , creatives etc to the media because in my POV it's  unprofessional.
If one has so many issues then there is always an option of quitting.Many of us find ourselves in jobs we don't like , some of us quit , others may stay for various factors , familial responsibilities , money etc. There is nothing wrong in it , we have to live after all.Either accept the benefits and quit cribbing else quit an find yourself another job(I did that so I can speakπŸ˜‰).Anil Kapoor was once asked in a interview why he acted in some crappy movies , he said for money and I appreciate the man for that!πŸ˜‰
In my POV Sakshi was the best of the lot ,that female conducted herself elegantly and sensibly.πŸ‘
Edited by chitsss - 11 years ago
I think he was putting forward his POV n some appreciated n sum criticized...I think he was just trying to say dat evn though actors like him are seen as face of d show n we d audience expect a lot frm thm but all he said dat don't expect frm us this much they r not the makers of d show they are as mujboor as v are n they try to giv their best n he evn said he is here to entertain n make those 20 to 25 mins entertaining by his performance n he always maintaind d fact that he is responsible 4 his character n he tries his best to giv us wat v want n I think if it wasn't samir thn kunal for sure wud hv been married to richa.