"God grant me the Strength to accept the things I cannot change. Courage---to change the things I can. And the Wisdom to know the difference. Amen."
After a very long hiatus from the forum I am amazed and appalled at the posts I am reading here regarding the latest mess the CV's have decided to introduce in this show. Jay- in that I agree with you my friend- the PR CV's are certainly one of a kind- and their ideas and "creative writing" too utterly bizarre to even attempt to make sense of.
*sighs* let us look at the straightforward facts.
1) Ovi married Arjun knowing fully well that he does not love her. He made that crystal clear. What happened before during engagement, Canada, etc. is all irrelevant. Again, Ovi married Arjun with the full knowledge he does not love her. Newton's law folks: Every action has a reaction. It is what it is. You reap what you sow, and you have to face the consequences of the decisions you make. I dont remember who but someone wrote a post saying you have to be able to face the situation bravely and honestly, as well as responsibly and figure out how to make the best of it. 100% correct. Trying to harm your baby in this manner is the most irresponsible, unforgivable thing you can do. It is a crime against GOD to do this- I dont care how young and immature you are. To be honest, as a mother myself, this makes me utterly sick with grief. Shame on the CVs on a show with this title to treat this so lightly. And shame on anyone who would defend the actions of this immature brat, no matter what the motive, of doing what she did. There is no justification for this- period.
2) Arjun married Ovi knowing he did not love her, and at the behest of Purvi. The stupidest thing to do and biggest mistake of his life. The cost of this particular stupid action is the happiness of 3 people. Yes, he is my "ladla" and always will be. But facts are facts. And I will be the first to say I am disappointed and disgusted with him for going through with this marriage. He didnt have to listen to his foolish love, but he did. And he is paying the price. It is what it is. However the major difference between him and Ovi is that he is facing, bravely, the bleak future in front of him. As my dear Shyamala said (you cant imagine how much I have missed you--especially here!) it is obvious Arjun does care about this child. He does not love Ovi, and will be forever tied to this female once he shares a child with her---but is not taking that out on the child is he?
3) Purvi did not have to fall into the emotional trap of Ovi, without a thought for Arjun or his emotions or happiness, and strike a deal with Ovi. With this pregnancy track, that she could do this after sharing that kind of experience with the man she loves and is about to marry---then turn around and browbeat him into marrying someone else is beyond me. This madness makes the CV's of the soap operas in the United States naive and innocent by comparison. Good grief.
And they are pretty liberal in the "scenes" and "storylines" believe me. I have no idea what to make or think of this. It is beyond my ken and I admit it.
Arjun cannot stop loving Purvi anymore than he can stop breathing and keep on living anyway. It is a fact. No matter the justification, motive, history, you name it- she has his heart and always will. Nothing to be done about that. Ovi was warned continuously against the folly of marrying a man who is clearly in love with someone else. She wanted him at any cost. Well here is the cost.
The price is hers to pay. Not the little one's. Nobody is driving her to anything. As human beings, we all have choices---including her.
Let's play Devil's Advocate for a minute. Let's assume that, despite Arjun's concern for it, this baby is not able to make Arjun forget Purvi, or strengthen the bond between him and Ovi. Ovi has 2 choices.
1) Choose to not go through with the pregnancy and do the needful at the very early stage---NOT at 5 1/2 months, when the baby is formed enough to feel pain. If you do NOT have the maturity to be a mother then dont be one. This is not a toy. it is a real live human being. With its own feelings. Being a parent is NOT easy. Such is life. It may mean sleepless nights, frustration, lack of certain freedoms, etc. Things are definitely not going to be the way you want them all the time- especially when it comes to a child. I am frightened and sick to my stomach to even think of what kind of mother Ovi will be- what cruelty she is capable of. If whether or not Arjun loves her the way she wants or dances to her tunes the way she wants is her criteria for how she treats the baby, I can feel the cold chills and immeasurable grieft as a mother myself in my body right now.
2) Look forward to the baby for itself. You are a mother and that is your child- growing within you. It is not about Arjun or anyone else. It is about this little living breathing cute human being that you are going to bring into this world. Love it and care for it----for itself irrespective of anyone else. What anyone else does or feels towards you is immaterial. Your husband doesnt love you. Ok. But God just gave you the unexpected blessing of someone who definitely will.
I cannot abide defending Ovi on any level for her actions- for any reason on this earth. The entire blame is squarely on her shoulders for what she did today----not Arjuns or anyone elses. Nothing should be able to drive a person to harm a child . Period. There is no justification on this earth for that.