Celebrity Fan Clubs

Bollywood Diva: Madhuri Dixit ~A New Beginning~ (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 150

MadhuriDixit

IF-Rockerz

MadhuriDixit

Posted: 08 December 2012 at 3:12pm | IP Logged
omgg!!! gg shooting started!!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Bollywood Diva: Madhuri Dixit ~A New Beginning~ (Page 6)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kukiiesarun

Goldie

kukiiesarun

Posted: 08 December 2012 at 7:34pm | IP Logged

Now actors are much smarter, says Madhuri Dixit

Saturday Dec 08, 2012

New Delhi, Dec. 8 -- Actor Madhuri Dixit, who has come back to Mumbai and Bollywood after more than a decade (she had moved to the US after tying the knot with Dr Sriram Nene, a surgeon, in 1999) says that the Hindi film industry has undergone a sea change since she last worked in it. "The industry and its people have become smarter now as compared to our times. Now, for everything, there is a lot of planning involved. In our times, producers would invest money just for the passion of a script but now the commercial viability is of utmost importance. I remember how back then, the shooting of a film would span over years whereas now a film is completed in three months and then goes for post production," said Madhuri in an interview in Delhi.

And it is just not the making of films, even the way actors position themselves now is different, she feels. "Today, more than ever, it is important for an actor to be heard - to let people know about them and what they are up to. In our times there were just 2-3 magazines but now there is a huge influx of media and as an artist you need a proper professional team to help you handle that and manage your career." Probably, this explains why the 45-year-old has replaced Rikku Nath, her manager of many years, with a professional company that now manages her career.

Madhuri has signed on two films recently, Dedh Ishqiya and Gulaab Gang. "Both the films have very tight scripts and mature roles and I am looking forward to them. At this point of my life, I can't run around trees," she said.

Read more: http://india.nydailynews.com/entertainmentarticle/6a4c4b2ba6f7ed4fc91759e07c2756a3/now-actors-are-much-smarter-says-madhuri-dixit#ixzz2EWBMzAlK

Edited by kukiie - 08 December 2012 at 7:33pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

khamosshhh

kukiiesarun

Goldie

kukiiesarun

Posted: 08 December 2012 at 7:37pm | IP Logged
Anubhav Sinha ?@anubhavsinha

First financial year of its inception we have completed #WARNING and starting #GULAABGANG. 4 months still to go. GO TEAM #BENARAS

soumik sen ?@bangdu

And it begins. Need your blessings and wishes... #GG pic.twitter.com/oFrhQUka

kukiiesarun

Goldie

kukiiesarun

Posted: 08 December 2012 at 7:51pm | IP Logged

Madhuri Dixit to rule silver screen again

Madhuri Dixit
Madhuri Dixit to rule silver screen again

Diva of Bollywood Madhuri Dixit is all set to rule the silver screen again. The actress will be seen in a new avatar in her upcoming films "Gulab Gang" and "Dedh Ishqiya"

Madhuri Dixit, who ruled the silver screen in late 80's and early 90's, said she no longer wants to do roles that require her to run around trees.

Her roles in Vishal Bhardwaj's 'Dedh Ishqiya' and Anubhav Sinha's 'Gulab Gang are not stereotypical.

"Both the films have very tight scripts and very mature roles- exactly the kind of films that I want to do now. I can't run around trees anymore. That is something that I won't enjoy doing. I feel now things are beyond beauty and that is the right way. I can't portray caricatures on screen," she said

Anubhav Sinha said, "I'm very excited about Gulab Gang. I'm hoping to release the film on March 8, 2013 on International Women's Day. The film will go on floors in October.

Referring to the industry politics ,Madhuri said she never believed in number games and always tried to do good work in front of the camera.

"Being number one or number two never bothered me. I did not believe in all that. I had this in mind that whenever I go on the sets, I have to give my best. Whenever I gave a good shot, that was a special moment for me",madhuri said.

The 45-year-old 'dhak dhak' girl made a comeback to acting after a four-year-long hiatus in 2007 with "Aaja Nachle". 

The actress said that she always enjoyed her work and never got into the politics of the industry.  Madhuri, who made her debut with "Abodh" in 1984, went on to star in films like "Tezaab", "Beta", "Hum Aapke Hain Koun","Dil To Pagal Hai", "Devdas".

She also said that the industry has changed a lot from what it was when she left. "Our industry has changed. Women are all over and doing great work. When I left the industry, Farah Khan was a choreographer. When I came back, she had become this super
successful director. There is Zoya Akhtar, who made last year's best film 'Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara'. Now I see so many women as assistant directors, creative directors, camera persons. It is a positive step," she said.

To her, the reason behind so many women-centric films like "Kahaani", "Fashion", "The Dirty Picture", being made is because of the change in the society and audience. "The debate of heroine versus hero has been going on forever. But films have really changed. It is not that there have not been women centric films before but not as much as we are seeing now. Women in the society has changed and that is being reflected in films. Even the audience has changed," she said.

When asked about pay scale of actress' in Bollywood not being at par with actors, Madhuri joked, "I think we have to form a  group and need to take care of it."

khamosshhh

kukiiesarun

Goldie

kukiiesarun

Posted: 08 December 2012 at 7:53pm | IP Logged
I am not a frog in the well: Madhuri

(IANS) / 9 December 2012

Madhuri Dixit made her silver screen debut 28 years ago with Abodh and since then there has been no looking back. The "Dhak dhak" girl says she has always enjoyed her work and tried to keep herself away from the politics of the industry.

"Being number one or number two never bothered me. I did not believe in all that. I had this in mind that whenever I go on the sets, I have to give my best. Whenever I gave a good shot, that was a special moment for me.

"I never got into the politics of the industry. I was always kept away from it," Madhuri said.

Even with many good films and commendable performances to her credit, the actress has always been very down to earth.

She says it's her family that has helped her to be like that.

"My family, their values and education have kept me grounded. I am not a frog in the well. There is a life outside the industry and I have always been very curious about it. I love meeting people and talking to them. For me it is not about 'I, me and myself'," she added.

She will be seen on the silver screen again in Vishal Bhardwaj's Dedh Ishqiya and Anubhav Sinha's Gulab Gang.

Talking about the kind of films being made nowadays, Madhuri said: "Some years back there was a demarcation of art films and commercial cinema but now it is not like that. Now the lines are quite blurred. Realistic films are made now and there are no over the top characters. Also, the audiences have matured."

khamosshhh

kukiiesarun

Goldie

kukiiesarun

Posted: 08 December 2012 at 8:10pm | IP Logged
Kajol, Madhuri Dixit & Aamir Khan on Agenda Aaj Tak 2012
Kajol, Madhuri Dixit & Aamir Khan on Agenda Aaj Tak 2012

Edited by kukiie - 09 December 2012 at 4:05pm

khamosshhh

*Resham*

Channel Moderator

*Resham*

Posted: 09 December 2012 at 7:54am | IP Logged
So GG shoot started finally, hope to hear about DI soon

kukiiesarun

Goldie

kukiiesarun

Posted: 09 December 2012 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
Always Fabulous - Madz

Fabulous or Fugly : Madhuri Dixit at Agenda Aaj Tak

HUBBA HUBBA! Madhuri Dixit attended the Aaj Tak Forum recently wearing a one piece black suit. We rarely get to see her out of the desi avatar so I was shocked to see how great she looked.

Apart from the same old hair, Madhuri paired the one piece with black peep toe pumps and a multi-strand necklace. I give this a FAB!

Edited by kukiie - 09 December 2012 at 12:05pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top