Celebrity Fan Clubs

Bollywood Diva: Madhuri Dixit ~A New Beginning~ (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 150

suzi_b

IF-Rockerz

suzi_b

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Madhuri Dixit mesmerises at Agenda Aaj Tak 2012

Madhuri Dixit at Agenda Aaj Tak 2012

Bollywood queen Madhuri Dixit spoke about the role of heroine in Hindi film industry today and how the industry has grown over the years.

Interestingly, Madhuri entered the hall while the music session with singers Ali Zafar, Kailash Kher and Shafaqat Amanat Ali was on. Ali Zafar saw her entering and sang 'Yeh Naina, Yeh Kajal' song for her and, then she too became a part of the session. 

Madhuri

Dressed in a black pant-suit and a dull gold-coloured necklace, Madhuri looked every bit the diva she is. With poise and style she answered every question.

Madhuri delighted the audience when she sang Tum Se Mil Kar from Parinda on Pakistani singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's request. Madhuri delighted audience when she sang Tum Se Mil Kar from Parinda on Amanat Ali's request. To return the favour, Shafqat Ali and Ali Zafar sang Ek Ladki ko dekha for Madhuri.

In the session, Madhuri said she never believed in number games and always tried to do good work in front of the camera.

She also believes that over the period of time, role of women has changed in the society and the change is reflected on silver screen also. Women can now voice their opinion without being seen as a feminist caricature.

According to her, the films are more real nowadays and she would like to act in movies with good and real scripts.

Talking about how women have progressed in the film industry, she gave the example of choreographer-director-actor Farah Khan.

Madhuri

"When I left for US Farah Khan was a choreographer. When I returned she had 3 hit films. We are advancing," said Madhuri.

When asked about the role that is closest to her among all the roles she portrayed on silver screen, she spoke about Hum Aapke Kaun's Nisha and Beta's Saraswati. She liked Nishi's mischievousness and Saraswati's courage.

Mother India and Pakeezah are the two movies Madhuri always wanted to be a part of.

Madhuri praised actors Kajol, Anushka Sharma, Rani Mukerji and Priyanka Chopra for their good work.
Madhuri

She also gave her beauty secret and said that for her smile is the best cosmetic and a smiling face always looks good.

During the conversation, Javed Akhtar also revealed a fact known to very few people. He told everyone that the popular song 'Ek Ladki Ko Dekha' from the movie 1942: A Love Story was written keeping in mind Madhuri as she was supposed to do the film but then she opted out of the film due to some reasons.

Read more at:http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/madhuri-dixit-mesmerises-at-agenda-aaj-tak-2012/1/236605.html

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kukiiesarunkhamosshhh

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Bollywood Diva: Madhuri Dixit ~A New Beginning~ (Page 3)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

suzi_b

IF-Rockerz

suzi_b

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 9:21am | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kukiiesarunkhamosshhh

suzi_b

IF-Rockerz

suzi_b

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 9:26am | IP Logged

Ek ladki ko... originally written for Madhuri Dixit: Javed Akhtar

Almost two decades after penning the evergreen Ek ladki ko dekha...,writer-lyricist Javed Akhtar has revealed the melodious hit song was originally penned with Madhuri Dixit in mind.

"No one knows that the song Ek ladki ko dekha toh, which became so popular... I wrote it keeping Madhuri in mind. When I was asked to write the song, she was doing the film, but later she left it and Manisha Koirala came in," Akhtar told a gathering here on Friday.

Akhtar spoke at the the Agenda Aaj Tak, held in the capital. Madhuri was the guest speaker at a session during the event, where Pakistani actor-singer Ali Zafar and singer Shafqat Amanat Ali Khan was present too.

Besotted by Madhuri's beauty, Ali put his talent to good use and sang "Ek ladki ko dekha toh...". Of course, Madhuri, dressed to kill in black, was flattered of course, but it is this moment that enthused Akhtar into sharing the interesting anecdote.

The song, from the film 1942: A Love Story, was picturised on Manisha and Anil Kapoor.

Shafqat Amanat Ali Khan, known for numbers like Mitwa, Mora saiyan andPhir le aaya dil, sang Tumse milke aisa lagaa tumse milke for Madhuri.

--Indo-Asian News Service

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_ek-ladki-ko-originally-written-for-madhuri-dixit-javed-akhtar_1774775

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kukiiesarun

suzi_b

IF-Rockerz

suzi_b

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 9:28am | IP Logged
@MadhuriDixit1 tweetsSmile

It was so sweet of Ali zafar, Kailash Kher and Shafqat to have sung for me. A big thanks to them.

Would also like to thank Javed Saab for his kind and gracious remarks. It was very inspiring and heart warming!

kukiiesarun

kukiiesarun

Goldie

kukiiesarun

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 9:40am | IP Logged
Aaj Tak @aajtak

Sriram Nene: Madhuri never shows her star power but when you can't go outside without being mobbed you realise how big she is #AgendaAajTak

Edited by kukiie - 07 December 2012 at 9:39am

suzi_b

kukiiesarun

Goldie

kukiiesarun

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 9:40am | IP Logged

I kept away from industry's politics: Madhuri Dixit

Published: Friday, Dec 7, 2012, 20:54 IST | Updated: Friday, Dec 7, 2012, 20:59 IST
Place: Mumbai | Agency: IANS

Madhuri Dixit
DNA

Bollywood dancing diva Madhuri Dixit made her silver screen debut 28 back with Abodh and since then there has no looking back. The Dhak dhak girl says she has always enjoyed her work and tried to keep herself away from the politics of the industry.

"Being number one or number two never bothered me. I did not believe in all that. I had this in mind that whenever I go on the sets, I have to give my best. Whenever I gave a good shot, that was a special moment for me.

"I never got into the politics of the industry. I was always kept away from it and enjoyed being being part of it," Madhuri said at the Agenda Aaj Tak held here Friday.

She was the guest speaker at a session during the event.

Madhuri became a name to reckon with after her performance in superhits like Tezaab, Ram Lakhan, Tridev, Dil, Saajan, Khalnayak, Hum Aapke Hain Koun, Dil To Pagal Hai and Devdas.

With some many good films and commendable performances to her credit, the 45-year-old still looks the same and has always been very down to earth. The actress says its her family that has helped her to be like that.

"My family, their values and education have kept me grounded. I am not a frog in the well. There is a life outside the industry and I have always been very curious about it. I love meeting people and talking to them. For me it is not about 'I, me and myself'," she added.

Madhuri married Shriram Chandra Nene on Oct 17, 1999 and moved to the US. Post-marriage, Madhuri worked in just Aaja Nachle which didn't do so well. But her stint as the judge on dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa gave her a chance to reconnect with her fans.

After the success of the show, Madhuri shifted base here with her husband and sons from the US in October last year.

Now she will be seen back on the silver screen in Vishal Bhardwaj's Dedh Ishqiya and Anubhav Sinha's Gulab Gang.

Talking about the kind of films being made nowadays, Madhuri said: "Some years back there was a demarcation of art films and commercial cinema but now it is not like that. Now the lines are quite blurred. Realistic films are made now and there are no over the top characters. Also the audiences have matured."

suzi_b

IF-Rockerz

suzi_b

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 9:48am | IP Logged
The Aaj Tak tweets...Smile OMG does she look stunningClap

@aajtak

Don't go anywhere! In just a few minutes @madhuridixit1 hits the stage at #AgendaAajTak Watch at http://agenda.aajtak.in 

@aajtak

. @madhuridixit1: Women can now voice their opinion without being seen as a feminist caricature #AgendaAajTak

@aajtak

. @madhuridixit1: When I left for US @thefarahkhan was a choreographer. When I returned she had 3 hit films. We are advancing! #AgendaAajTak

@aajtak

. @madhuridixit1's husband Sriram Nene admits he wasn't aware of her stardom but says 'Ek Do Teen' is now his fave song of her#AgendaAajTak

@aajtak

. @madhuridixit1: I knew there was life outside B'wood. Didn't want a frog-in-the-well existence. That helped me stay grounded#AgendaAajTak

@aajtak

Question: Would you like to act in a film with your husband?@madhuridixit1: If he wants! I'll break hearts. He'll mend them!#AgendaAajTak

@aajtak

. @madhuridixit1 on which roles are closest to her: Nisha's mischeviousness & family ties + scenes with mother-in-law in Beta#AgendaAajTak

@aajtak

Sriram Nene: Madhuri never shows her star power but when you can't go outside without being mobbed you realise how big she is#AgendaAajTak

@aajtak

.@Javedakhtarjadu: Sad that B'wood never used @MadhuriDixit1 & Sridevi to full potential. Only seen 1/4th of their talent#AgendaAajTak

@aajtak

On Shafqat Amanat Ali's request @MadhuriDixit1 sings "Tumse milke..." from Parinda at #AgendaAajtak

@aajtak

To return the favour Shafqat Ali & @AliZafarSays sing "Ek Ladki ko dekha" for @MadhuriDixit1 #AgendaAajTak

@aajtak

. @javedakhtarjadu reveals he'd originally written "Ek Ladki Ko Dekha" for @MadhuriDixit1 but she left '1942...' soon after.#AgendaAajTak

kukiiesarun

suzi_b

IF-Rockerz

suzi_b

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 10:05am | IP Logged
Mads at Agenda Aaj Tak full video...

Javed Akhtar showers praise on Madhuri Dixit

Ali Zafar's musical tribute to Madhuri Dixit

What makes you so innocent, asks Ali Zafar to Madhuri

Agenda Aaj Tak 2012: Why did you not do art films: Amar Singh to Madhuri

Edited by suzi_b - 08 December 2012 at 12:57am