Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

what did u find interesting in barfi? (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 10

pria4ever

IF-Dazzler

pria4ever

Posted: 05 December 2012 at 5:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nalinidj

Originally posted by pria4ever

i honestly don't care if the movie was copied,inspired or watever...i luved the film...it was simple n cute...be it Ranbir's role or Ileana...for me the show stopper was PC as Jhilmil...she was just so adorable...this was one of those films when i did not get up till the last credit was shown on screen n still was left wishing for more...one of the best movies of 2012Thumbs Up
Absolutely how I felt when I watched this movie.  I could care less if it was copied or inspired.  But the simplicity of story telling, characters and acting was mind blowing to me.
I love old movies, black and white movies and I always felt sad that there was no legacy to those days, but the director and 3 main actors and every other supporting actor made me believe that it is possible to get movies that are not about sensation only, or teeny boppers in designer clothes or super heroes.  I am not knocking these types of movies( I would not have missed Kareena in Heroine at all) and I am a fan of masala movies as well.  There is nothing wrong in sitting down for 3 hours and watching a movie simply for entertainment value, and there were plenty this year, and looking forward for more from SRK, but Ranbir and PC were simply a timeless and tuneful melody in this movie.
The confusion in the kidnapping and so on may not be logical to the average person, but try looking at the story from the point of view of a person who is challenged both in hearing and speech dealing with some-one who is autistic.  It is simply not straight forward and it would obviously lead to meandering, and add to that a confused in love young girl.
Loved the movie and it was not boring at all.  It just did not take place at the breakneck speed that most other movies occur.

completely agree...there r movies in which u have absolutely 0% expectation, but the movie turns out to be a 100% entertainer...Barfii was one of those films...imagine a film with no dialogues spoke more than other films ...it just goes to show tat content is important...n every moment of Barfii gelled well with the scenes...songs well incorparated...nothing was OTT...enjoyable...still have a smile on my face wen i think of this filmBig smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nalinidj-Rashi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "what did u find interesting in barfi? (Page 8)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mrsimisam

IF-Sizzlerz

Mrsimisam

Posted: 05 December 2012 at 5:46am | IP Logged

Honestly i loved it..everything about d movie was so refreshing and appealin...hatts off to d whole team...wonderful movie..Clap

ruky786

IF-Stunnerz

ruky786

Posted: 05 December 2012 at 5:57am | IP Logged
Manoj I need to watch it and I'll let you know :P

-SalShah4eva-

IF-Achieverz

-SalShah4eva-

Posted: 05 December 2012 at 10:02am | IP Logged
I am going to finish this movie today so will let u know:)

you2

IF-Rockerz

you2

Posted: 05 December 2012 at 10:08am | IP Logged
A film which had no leg,cleavage show..no raunchy dances..no designer wear..A love story between a  poor deaf-mute and an autistic..a third angle formed by  a married woman who abandons her husband and comes to live with the man she loves..

..grossed over a hundred crores..its a winner!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

FullyFaltoo.

SilentSilver

IF-Stunnerz

SilentSilver

Posted: 05 December 2012 at 10:08am | IP Logged
No, i loved the movie. Not for a moment did i found it boring, yeah the kidnapping part was bit too much though, but otherwise I loved the movie. It really made me smile, well i cant explain but it just really felt very nice and warm after watching the movie. Plus the performances by everyone in the movie was way too good.

HotMess

IF-Stunnerz

HotMess

Posted: 05 December 2012 at 10:09am | IP Logged
I liked Barfi. It had a good script, amazing direction and phenomenal acting done by the cast.

However, it did get a little slow at times, and I found some parts a little too stretched (the kidnapping bits). But I don't think it was a boring movie, overall. 

Not going to lie, I did expect a little more going by the hype surrounding it. I liked it nonetheless!

noorsand

Goldie

noorsand

Posted: 08 December 2012 at 2:06am | IP Logged
When the movie's promos were out and I heard that Ranbir plays a deaf/dumb guy. I wasn't really thrilled since I am not much into those arty kind of movies. But I watched it after my sister and cousins insisted. And, all of us loved it! I liked that the movie was positive. I liked that even though it dealt with serious issues, it wasn't preachy or cynical. And, I absolutely loved each and every character in the movie. PC was such a surprise, I always liked her as a actor but she was mindblowing in this. My cousin had a hard-time believing that it was Priyanka. And, like others stated I don't care if some scenes were copied from other movies. The end result was a cute and adorable movie.
P.S. I hope PC gets best actress award for this. Clap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Rashi

Post Reply New Post

Go to top