Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

what did u find interesting in barfi? (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 10

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 05 December 2012 at 1:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by HakunaMatata_94

honestly himani no  i think i watched one trailer but even that wasn't completely .usually i dont watch trailers  its rare i actually watch them most of the time i just like the postLOL

i agree Barfi was for a niche audience just like Talaash
i m sure Barfi might have appealed to the female section more due to its emotional connect i think i dont have emotional bones in my bodyLOL

Manoj, it's all about connect ...if Barfi connects with you, trust me it will melt even the toughest guy around LOL It's all about making you believe...in this different era, in a different world, a world that honestly doesn't exist today (much more cynical now)...it's a very idealistic movie that's for sure..there's no room for realistic questions like how does Barfi earn money, how do Barfi-Jhilmil survive even? LOL

It reminded me of those magical fairytales from back when I was a kid...it made believe again ...and I love it for that :)

Edited by chocolover89 - 05 December 2012 at 1:42am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nalinidjFullyFaltoo.TheMummy_LeAbba

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "what did u find interesting in barfi? (Page 7)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

TheMummy_LeAbba

IF-Rockerz

TheMummy_LeAbba

Posted: 05 December 2012 at 1:41am | IP Logged
thank u guys for all ur interesting replies .if i have missed anyone sorry for that will definitely reply them :)

need to leave now

lunza

IF-Rockerz

lunza

Posted: 05 December 2012 at 1:42am | IP Logged
I neither found it boring nor do would I term this movie as a copy .
I loved Barfi and got sucked into it right from the the opening credits till the end credits !! 
Different strokes for different people I guess . Like my mum would never watch movies like Udaan , Barfi or any movie which would be considered .. uhh... "slow-paced" . My dad loved Udaan and well , he hasnt watched Barfi yet .. but knowing him , I am sure he would have loved it too ..

Not sure how enjoyable Barfi would be if it is watched in.. well .. say at home in a really bad DVD print with scenes cut n' all...
This movie has to be watched in the theatres the first time around.

-_-PopCorn-_-

IF-Rockerz

-_-PopCorn-_-

Posted: 05 December 2012 at 1:56am | IP Logged
likeed PC's character..

HappyMelody

IF-Stunnerz

HappyMelody

Posted: 05 December 2012 at 1:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by HakunaMatata_94

actually i have read reviews and even members how they loved the story it made them emotional like a member discussed even in this thread how she wept for 2 hrs so i thought that since i m not emotional i couldnt connect with it 

Ah so that's why you brought up the emotional bit 

Frankly speaking I don't get so emotional with movies except for quite few. The last time I felt emotional was while watching My sister's keeper. In that sense I didn't feel all senti while watching Barfi but it has some really beautiful scenes

pria4ever

IF-Dazzler

pria4ever

Posted: 05 December 2012 at 4:28am | IP Logged
i honestly don't care if the movie was copied,inspired or watever...i luved the film...it was simple n cute...be it Ranbir's role or Ileana...for me the show stopper was PC as Jhilmil...she was just so adorable...this was one of those films when i did not get up till the last credit was shown on screen n still was left wishing for more...one of the best movies of 2012Thumbs Up

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nalinidj

FullyFaltoo.

IF-Rockerz

FullyFaltoo.

IF Crazy Baby

Posted: 05 December 2012 at 5:10am | IP Logged
everything ya...it was awe inspiring...

it dealt with positivity
it dealt with romance beyond barriers
it dealt with the little things in life that count
it dealt with the pleasure a butterfly or a broken piece of glass can give 
it dealt with finding a reason to smile even when everything was down in the dumps
it dealt with the magic of life

nalinidj

nalinidj

Posted: 05 December 2012 at 5:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pria4ever

i honestly don't care if the movie was copied,inspired or watever...i luved the film...it was simple n cute...be it Ranbir's role or Ileana...for me the show stopper was PC as Jhilmil...she was just so adorable...this was one of those films when i did not get up till the last credit was shown on screen n still was left wishing for more...one of the best movies of 2012Thumbs Up
Absolutely how I felt when I watched this movie.  I could care less if it was copied or inspired.  But the simplicity of story telling, characters and acting was mind blowing to me.
I love old movies, black and white movies and I always felt sad that there was no legacy to those days, but the director and 3 main actors and every other supporting actor made me believe that it is possible to get movies that are not about sensation only, or teeny boppers in designer clothes or super heroes.  I am not knocking these types of movies( I would not have missed Kareena in Heroine at all) and I am a fan of masala movies as well.  There is nothing wrong in sitting down for 3 hours and watching a movie simply for entertainment value, and there were plenty this year, and looking forward for more from SRK, but Ranbir and PC were simply a timeless and tuneful melody in this movie.
The confusion in the kidnapping and so on may not be logical to the average person, but try looking at the story from the point of view of a person who is challenged both in hearing and speech dealing with some-one who is autistic.  It is simply not straight forward and it would obviously lead to meandering, and add to that a confused in love young girl.
Loved the movie and it was not boring at all.  It just did not take place at the breakneck speed that most other movies occur.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pria4ever

Post Reply New Post

Go to top