Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

what did u find interesting in barfi? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 10

LifeOLicious

IF-Sizzlerz

LifeOLicious

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 11:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Anamika.

And the comic relief was like a breath of fresh air! FINALLY.

The humor was fantastic! Overall the movie had a melancholy feel to it but the humor was injected in the right places for the right reason! In fact if you think about it the movie is a comedy or maybe a thriller too! A melancholy funny thriller! LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

U-No-PooHappyMelody

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "what did u find interesting in barfi? (Page 3)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
Barfi made me feel really happy though...sure it has a melancholy tone and I cried, but I walked out very overwhelmed and just plain happy. I can't remember the last film that made me feel happy overall..

I do think it's a film that is meant for the big screen...the nuances, the magic all comes across best then..you notice much more..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

lunzaTheMummy_LeAbba

Surkh_Soz_Ishq

IF-Rockerz

Surkh_Soz_Ishq

Posted: 05 December 2012 at 12:01am | IP Logged
Absolutely not i found it very intresting.Yes it is bit overrated but still it was good.

HappyMelody

IF-Stunnerz

HappyMelody

Posted: 05 December 2012 at 12:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Anamika.

The part where Barfi goes to get Jhilmil and he doesn't hear when she calls out to him but Shruti does and she does the right thing by telling him. 

I loved this portion too. And how Barfi combed his hair and all before turning back... The one where Barfi tries to leave Jhilmil and she follows him...  It has such beautiful moments

Comedy bit was flawless. There wasn't dry comedy nor OTT

HappyMelody

IF-Stunnerz

HappyMelody

Posted: 05 December 2012 at 12:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by New_nova

Originally posted by NadzGirl...

Nooo. It was not boring. it was just copied.

On  serious note film was entertaining with different and novel concept. It was good change for me to see Barfi wich has  sweet romance and some nice relationship or Barfi and Jilmil  . It was without any item song, no glamorous or skin show, no Marr dhaad nor any rich poor clich.

Copied from a Hollywood flick?

It wasn't copied form a single film. Different scenes were copied from different films. Didn't you see that  thread when film selected for Oscar?

I don't remember visiting that thread 

New_nova

IF-Rockerz

New_nova

Posted: 05 December 2012 at 12:10am | IP Logged

Nooo. It was not boring. it was just copied.

On  serious note film was entertaining with different and novel concept. It was good change for me to see Barfi wich has  sweet romance and some nice relationship or Barfi and Jilmil  . It was without any item song, no glamorous or skin show, no Marr dhaad nor any rich poor clich.

Copied from a Hollywood flick?

It wasn't copied form a single film. Different scenes were copied from different films. Didn't you see that  thread when film selected for Oscar?

I don't remember visiting that thread 

Ok , Go through this link, you will get to know it.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/barfi-vs-hollywood-homage-inspired-or-copied/293100-8-66.html

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

HappyMelody

HappyMelody

IF-Stunnerz

HappyMelody

Posted: 05 December 2012 at 12:27am | IP Logged
Thanks for the link Nova!

Uuffaa so it has scenes from so many movies. I just wonder if Black was inspired by any Hollywood flick too cuz my dad says it could be

New_nova

New_nova

IF-Rockerz

New_nova

Posted: 05 December 2012 at 12:33am | IP Logged

Thanks for the link Nova!

Uuffaa so it has scenes from so many movies. I just wonder if Black was inspired by any Hollywood flick too cuz my dad says it could be

I read some where it's similar to the Hollywood film "The Miracle Worker". Both has same story of deaf and blind girl.

HappyMelody

Post Reply New Post

Go to top