Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

what did u find interesting in barfi? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 10

Page 1
Page   of 10
Page 3 Page 10

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 10:24pm | IP Logged
I didn't find it boring at all :) I was hooked from the moment "picture shuru" came on...sure the pace dipped in the 2nd half with the kidnapping stuff & it got slightly tangled up, but on the whole it was just a totally magical film for me..

I love this film. Embarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

TheMummy_LeAbba

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "what did u find interesting in barfi? (Page 2)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Meera1101

IF-Rockerz

Meera1101

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 10:25pm | IP Logged
i loved this movie infact the lovestory of barfi-jhilmil touched my heart! the best movie had watched so far such a brilliant story it had and ranbir-priyanka were excellent!

TheMummy_LeAbba

-SalShah4eva-

IF-Achieverz

-SalShah4eva-

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
I am watching this movie right now..
its awesome

TheMummy_LeAbba

HappyMelody

IF-Stunnerz

HappyMelody

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 11:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by New_nova

Nooo. It was not boring. it was just copied.

On  serious note film was entertaining with different and novel concept. It was good change for me to see Barfi wich has  sweet romance and some nice relationship or Barfi and Jilmil  . It was without any item song, no glamorous or skin show, no Marr dhaad nor any rich poor clich.

Copied from a Hollywood flick?

New_nova

IF-Rockerz

New_nova

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 11:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by NadzGirl...

Originally posted by New_nova

Nooo. It was not boring. it was just copied.

On  serious note film was entertaining with different and novel concept. It was good change for me to see Barfi wich has  sweet romance and some nice relationship or Barfi and Jilmil  . It was without any item song, no glamorous or skin show, no Marr dhaad nor any rich poor clich.

Copied from a Hollywood flick?

It wasn't copied form a single film. Different scenes were copied from different films. Didn't you see that  thread when film selected for Oscar?

rambo_rajkumar

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 11:20pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

TheMummy_LeAbba

.Anamika.

IF-Dazzler

.Anamika.

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 11:30pm | IP Logged
I didn't find it boring at all! See this is probably what happens when you watch too much of Indian masala flicks. You start thinking that's the norm for an Indian movie. Glad someone broke this unwritten norm with movies like EV, Barfi and OMG this year. 

I cried for like 2 hours straight. I literally had a tissue box beside me the whole time. It was beautiful! The part where Barfi goes to get Jhilmil and he doesn't hear when she calls out to him but Shruti does and she does the right thing by telling him. I completely broke down like a baby in that scene. I thought the emotions she went through were captured so well. And the comic relief was like a breath of fresh air! FINALLY. No more stupid jokes with disgusting sexual innuendos that I have to sit and awkwardly watch with my parents in a "family" movie. 

I understand though, that this movie may not have been everybody's cup of tea. It was terribly sad. But I'm glad that such cinema does exist today and is capable of being a hit as well! There are different forms of entertainment, not just flicks that have raunchy, loud item songs and 40+ men wooing 20-something girls.

TheMummy_LeAbba

LifeOLicious

IF-Sizzlerz

LifeOLicious

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 11:31pm | IP Logged
Barfi is not boring...you have to pay attention to the details in the film and not just follow the story. If you just follow the story without getting the feel for the movie, it won't work that well!

I think it is a movie best enjoyed in the big screen as it totally took me to that era and sucked me into that time! Darjeeling seemed like the best place on earth to visit hehe! I felt disoriented after coming out of the hall!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

TheMummy_LeAbba-Rashi

Post Reply New Post

Go to top