Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: Nitu_ST_Deewani

i think OMG, EV, Vicky Donor is better than Barfi... but it's not bad. a bit overrated though...

yeah barfi was overrated i agree i think they shouldnt have hyped it so much given the subject then maybe i would have liked it
Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail
Originally posted by: New_nova

Nooo. It was not boring. it was just copied.

On  serious note film was entertaining with different and novel concept. It was good change for me to see Barfi wich has  sweet romance and some nice relationship or Barfi and Jilmil  . It was without any item song, no glamorous or skin show, no Marr dhaad nor any rich poor clich.

it was novel and unusual script  but it didnt appeal me much i wont say its a bad movie but it was an ok feel good movie which i might watch only once at a stretch i mean no repeat value
Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail
Originally posted by: chocolover89

I didn't find it boring at all :) I was hooked from the moment "picture shuru" came on...sure the pace dipped in the 2nd half with the kidnapping stuff & it got slightly tangled up, but on the whole it was just a totally magical film for me..

I love this film. 😳

glad u liked it himani:)
i think i need to edit the title boring is not the correct adjective  .it didnt interest me much i guess the reason would be i m yet to watch it completely .i think i should have made the post after watching the movie complete πŸ˜†
Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail
Originally posted by: .MohitKiMeera

i loved this movie infact the lovestory of barfi-jhilmil touched my heart! the best movie had watched so far such a brilliant story it had and ranbir-priyanka were excellent!

glad u liked it i m yet to watch it in one go
Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail
Originally posted by: myLuvShahid-ji

I am watching this movie right now..

its awesome

i think should wait for the world telecast premier
Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail
Originally posted by: rambo_ka_baap

Despite majority of scenes reminded me of Holly fims such as Notebook and stuff. 

But I liked it. Especially Priyanka. She was darn awesome.

But Iiked OMG and English Vinglish WAY more than Barfi

even i liked EV n OMG more than barfi
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: HakunaMatata_94

glad u liked it himani:)
i think i need to edit the title boring is not the correct adjective  .it didnt interest me much i guess the reason would be i m yet to watch it completely .i think i should have made the post after watching the movie complete πŸ˜†

Manoj, did you watch the trailers of Barfi? Did you like them? ...because I think that's a good indication of how you will eventually feel about the film. I loved the trailers and loved the film even more...but if you never connected to the trailers of Barfi, then I don't think the film would work for you :)

It does have a niche audience of sorts in a way ...
Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Anamika.

I didn't find it boring at all! See this is probably what happens when you watch too much of Indian masala flicks. You start thinking that's the norm for an Indian movie. Glad someone broke this unwritten norm with movies like EV, Barfi and OMG this year. 

I cried for like 2 hours straight. I literally had a tissue box beside me the whole time. It was beautiful! The part where Barfi goes to get Jhilmil and he doesn't hear when she calls out to him but Shruti does and she does the right thing by telling him. I completely broke down like a baby in that scene. I thought the emotions she went through were captured so well. And the comic relief was like a breath of fresh air! FINALLY. No more stupid jokes with disgusting sexual innuendos that I have to sit and awkwardly watch with my parents in a "family" movie. 

I understand though, that this movie may not have been everybody's cup of tea. It was terribly sad. But I'm glad that such cinema does exist today and is capable of being a hit as well! There are different forms of entertainment, not just flicks that have raunchy, loud item songs and 40+ men wooing 20-something girls.

i think u have misjudged me dear even i dont like too much of masala flicks i hated RR and  dabang never interested me i watch them once in a while that too pirated versions ,or from internet but i dont spend my money on such movie

to be frank the movie that i watched in big screen were kahaani,feraari ki sawaari,OMG
i m all for unusual intelligent cinema but the thing is it should enamour me which i didnt find in barfi .i guess i m not too emotional neither i cry especially watching movies .i remember while watching TZP the entire hall was crying even men but i could nt cry πŸ˜†

but i will give it an another shot if i liked it i ll surely make a post vaada rahaπŸ˜ƒ
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: New_nova

I read some where it's similar to the Hollywood film "The Miracle Worker". Both has same story of deaf and blind girl.

Haven't watched that movie but probably you're right
Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail
Originally posted by: chocolover89

Manoj, did you watch the trailers of Barfi? Did you like them? ...because I think that's a good indication of how you will eventually feel about the film. I loved the trailers and loved the film even more...but if you never connected to the trailers of Barfi, then I don't think the film would work for you :)

It does have a niche audience of sorts in a way ...

honestly himani no  i think i watched one trailer but even that wasn't completely .usually i dont watch trailers  its rare i actually watch them most of the time i just like the postπŸ˜†

i agree Barfi was for a niche audience just like Talaash
i m sure Barfi might have appealed to the female section more due to its emotional connect i think i dont have emotional bones in my bodyπŸ˜†