12th Marrakech International film festival: Day 1

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

SmritiKatha

IF-Rockerz

SmritiKatha

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 1:37pm | IP Logged

12th Marrakech International film festival: Day 1 diary

The 12th Marrakech International film festival this year pays tribute to Indian Cinema which is currently in its 100th year. The red carpet witnessed thousand fans who braved through the untimely drizzle and biting cold to catch their favourite star

Written By
Vivek Bhatia
Written By Vivek Bhatia

12th Marrakech International film festival: Day 1 diary

Among the Indian contingency, superstar Amitabh Bachchan, who has one of his films (Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gam) playing in the festival, came in and charmed the crowds. In 2003, he was honoured by the festival for his contribution to Indian Cinema. This year, he claims, the festival has become prominent. He said, "The biggest honour is that a foreign country is celebrating 100 years of Indian Cinema. It shows the importance of our films and how much the world loves us. I hope it continues to be this way." 

Director Karan Johar who was attending the film festival for the first time was excited to walk the red carpet. He was amazed at the kind of love the locals had for Indian Cinema. According to him, the entire credit goes to Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan. He said, "They are clearly the two icons of our generation." He added, "People all around the world have connected to my work as well as a result of these two superstars. I'm so excited about the fact that people in my hotel where I'm staying know about my movies." Karan also mentioned an interest in shooting his future films in Morroco. "This place is stunning. I've actually put people in my team to go and check out the locations." 

Karan was accompanied by his Student of The Year team: Aalia Bhatt, Siddharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan. For newcomers to have their debut film being screened at a festival is a big deal. All three of them rightly agreed. "Hindi films are known for songs, dance and drama and SOTY has all of it," said Aalia. Varun added, "It's great that we can show our film to different countries. Indian emotions are very strong and I hope people catch onto that." "People here aren't going to understand the language, so hopefully they'll understand the movie better with subtitles. We're going to have a lot of fun," said Siddharth. 

Hrithik Roshan is the only actor who has four of his films Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gam, Agneepath, Jodha Akbar and Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara which are being screened at the festival. His excitement was infectious. "I'm still a student of cinema. My industry and cinema is being honoured and it's feels great to be a part of it," he said accompanied by his wife Sussane. 

Shah Rukh Khan was sorely missed by the crowds. He is to arrive today and hold a press conference for the delegates. With a host of 34 Indian celebrities which includes actors, directors and producers, this is one of the biggest platforms for Indian Cinema to showcase their work and connect with international delegates.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "12th Marrakech International film festival: Day 1" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top