Shaitaan - A Criminal Mind


Shaitaan - A Criminal Mind
Shaitaan - A Criminal Mind


Athene Viewbie

Joined: 30 November 2010
Posts: 122851

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 10:22am | IP Logged

Wife stabbed, strangled, set alight


November 14 2011 at 10:59am
By Yogas Nair

nd handa11 (20820832)


Summit Handa, 31, has been charged with the murder of his wife, Niranjani, 27, formerly of Overport in Durban.

An Indian national has been arrested in Delhi for the murder of his South African wife, just two weeks after telling police that the Durban woman had drugged him and eloped with a lover.

Delhi police said last night that they had found evidence that Sumit Handa had searched police websites to see whether his wife's body had been found and also searched Google for "burnt dead bodies".

Handa, 31, has been charged with the murder of his wife, Niranjani, 27, formerly of Overport, Durban.

Niranjani's uncle, Krish Pillay, said his brother, Rama, had been told of his daughter's death on Saturday afternoon.

"On Saturday, Rama received a call from the Delhi Crime Police (DCP) telling them that Niranjani had been killed and her body was burnt beyond recognition. They enquired if they must go ahead with a cremation. My brother was shocked and told them it was a mistake."

Pillay said further phone calls to Delhi revealed the gruesome details of how his niece had been killed and that Handa had confessed to the murder.

DCP deputy police commissioner Ashok Chand, said in an interview on NDTV on Sunday that Handa had confessed to the deed.

Chand said Handa had accused his wife of infidelity with an unknown South African man. It is alleged that he stabbed her in a fit of rage with a kitchen knife at their rented flat in south-east Delhi's Pul Prahladpur district on October 29.

He then allegedly strangled her with the cord of his laptop charger and kept the body overnight in the bathroom, police said.

The next day, October 30, police said, he stuffed his wife's body in a trolley suitcase and asked a friend to give him a lift to a town called Rai, in Haryana, about 40km from his home. He also packed another bag with her clothing, which he apparently took with him.

Here Handa is believed to have bought two litres of petrol from a local garage, police said. It's alleged that he then dragged the suitcase more than 200m into a forest clearing, doused the body with petrol and set it alight, together with the clothing, Niranjani's passport and other personal belongings.

Police said he allegedly waited more than two hours for the body to burn and then gathered some of his wife's remains in a plastic bag and went to a nearby river to perform her last rites. He then hitched a ride home, police said.

On his return to his home, Handa cleaned all the blood from the bathroom and then got a handyman to replace all the tiles, in an attempt to remove any traces of blood that could be traced through forensics, police said.

Pillay said police had told them that Handa had filed a missing person's report on November 2, telling police that Niranjani had served him tea laced with sedatives. He claimed that while he was asleep, she eloped with her South African lover, on October 30, taking all her jewellery.

"(Handa had) called Rama on October 28 and gave him this version. At that stage, the family were baffled and thought it was just a domestic dispute."

Pillay said his brother last last spoke to Niranjani on October 27, when she said she wanted to return to South Africa.

"She did not give reasons. My brother advised her to think carefully before she made any decisions."

He dismissed the claims of infidelity as a "pack of lies" and a cover-up by Handa.

Police said that after his wife's death, Handa had hacked into her e-mail account. He apparently gave police print-outs of e-mails he had sent her, begging her to return home.

But an anonymous tip-off that she had been murdered resulted in Handa being placed under police surveillance.

After hours of interrogation, Chand said Handa had confessed to killing his wife.

Analysis of Handa's computer also revealed several Google searches and visits to police websites to see whether his wife's burnt body had been found.

He had allegedly Google searched several times for "burnt dead bodies" in the Haryana district.

Chand said they had overwhelming forensic evidence of burnt hair, bones and ashes that were recovered from Handa's flat.

He said DNA tests would be conducted with Niranjani's parents to confirm whether the remains belonged to her.

Pillay said he was the last relative to have seen his niece alive.

"We met at a conference at the Science of Spirituality Ashram in Delhi in September. She seemed very happy and her marriage showed no strain or signs of unhappiness.

"We are leaving to India tomorrow. We have no idea what the motive was. This is just devastating news to us.

"We hope to return home with Niranjani's remains and her son. We have never met Sumit's family. This will be the first time."

He said the couple decided to settle down in India and left on a happy note in July.

"Sumit had built a mansion in Agra and Niranjani was happy to go. They had great plans for the future." - Daily News

Athene Viewbie

Joined: 30 November 2010
Posts: 122851

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 10:23am | IP Logged

Found with cellphone in Tihar Jail, Sonu Punjaban 'attempts suicide'

//for her life story please read


Express news service : New Delhi, Wed Nov 21 2012, 02:35 hrs

Thirty-one-year-old Sonu Punjaban, arrested last year for running an organised flesh trade worth several crores, allegedly attempted suicide by hanging herself from an exhaust fan inside her ward in Tihar Jail late on Monday night.

Tihar Jail authorities said a cellphone was found on Sonu on Monday morning and she was scared of police action.

Tihar PRO Sunil Gupta said: "At 6 am on Monday, a cellphone was found in the possession of Sonu Punjaban, who was lodged at Ward 4, Jail 6. As part of disciplinary action, she was shifted to Ward 6. Her co-inmates informed prison authorities around 9.30 pm on Monday that she was trying to hang herself from the exhaust fan with her dupatta. She was then rushed to Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital."

After the cellphone was found, the prison informed the trial court. Sources said fearing strict action, Sonu staged a "drama" to "get back at the inmates".

At DDU Hospital, prison officials said, Sonu claimed have "consumed an overdose of sleeping pills".

A doctor at DDU Hospital said: "She was brought to the hospital between 1 am and 2 am and was admitted to Ward 8 of the emergency section. On examination, nothing was found in her stomach and all her vitals were found to be fine. She was completely conscious and fully oriented".

"There was no shortness of breath when she arrived at the hospital. There were no marks around her neck to indicate anything of this (that she hanged herself) sort," the hospital said.

Gupta said Sonu's condition is stable. "The cellphone has been handed over to the Special Cell. The court and the visiting judge have been informed. She is under strict surveillance. We are inquiring how she got the cellphone and who she was talking to," he said.

Police have also invoked the Maharashtra Control Of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) against Sonu.

Athene Viewbie

Joined: 30 November 2010
Posts: 122851

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 10:25am | IP Logged

Gang behind 250 murders busted

Pervez Iqbal Siddiqui, TNN Mar 30, 2007, 02.29am IST

LUCKNOW: Meerut police on Thursday busted a gang of around 35 members suspected to have murdered 250 persons since 2003 in Lucknow, Jhansi, Kanpur, Meerut and other places of UP.

The gang, which was busted on Thursday, claimed to have killed 50-odd policemen during raids and highway attacks in areas that included Faizabad, Allahabad, Gorakhpur, Bahraich, Meerut and Bulandshahr districts.

Police believe that the gang exploited the lack of inter-district co-ordination of UP Police and managed to keep the cops away despite striking even as many as six times in a single day.

The gang was always on the move picking up targets posing as taxi drivers. Unsuspecting passengers then were robbed and murdered in deserted areas.

Senior superintendent of police, Meerut, Dipesh Juneja told Times Of India that a gang member was arrested during a probe into the murder of a medical representative Rajiv Kumar and a junior engineer of the hydel department on February 14.

The two were apparently robbed and killed, and their bodies were dumped on the outskirts of the city. Tracking Rajiv's cellphone, police intercepted one Salim of Bahraich and recovered photos of the Mahendra Max (UP 41 T 2413) which was used in the crime.

Following sustained interrogation, Salim revealed how a group of taxi drivers from Bahraich stepped into the world of crime killing passengers and robbing them.

"Salim also revealed that they were detained by the police a couple of times earlier but managed to slip away after greasing their palms," admitted a senior officer associated with the investigations.

Police sources quoting Salim said the gang was led by a man named Ali Ahmad, also of Bahraich, who now carries a cash reward of Rs 10,000 on his head.

The man had been arrested by police in Bara Banki earlier, but had escaped from custody. Salim said Ali Ahmad and he were taxi drivers who used to take vehicles on hire and use them for outstation trips.

It was during one of these trips that they overheard some cops discussing how anyone can commit a murder in one district, pass on to another district or even the state, without being caught.

Ali Ahmad, Salim told Meerut police, has around 35 members in his gang who operate in batches of 6 to 7 members.

Veni-Vidi-Vici IF-Sizzlerz

Joined: 25 January 2012
Posts: 15288

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 5:19pm | IP Logged
thanks for posting these here...that way it will be easier for everyone to read
Veni-Vidi-Vici IF-Sizzlerz

Joined: 25 January 2012
Posts: 15288

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 5:29pm | IP Logged

Sajal Barui

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sajal Barui in 1997. Photo credit: The TelegraphKolkata

Sajal Barui (Bengali: ??? ?????) is a convicted criminal, currently serving a life sentence in prison for the murder of his father, stepmother, and stepbrother. He committed the murders at the age of sixteen, on November 22, 1993 in KolkataIndia.[1] The murders made headlines in theKolkata press due to the gruesome nature of the crimes and because Sajal Barui and his accomplices were minors at the time.[1][2][3][4]



[edit]Early childhood

Sajal Barui's father, Subal Barui, abandoned his first wife, Neoti Barui, by whom he bore a son, and had a relationship with another woman, Minati.[2] Sajal was conceived out of this affair.[2] After a few years, his father, returned to his first wife and took Sajal along with him. Sajal did not see his natural mother after the age of eight.[2] After his arrest, he also recounted how he had often been burned with burning cigarettes and hot irons in his childhood.[2]

[edit]The murders

On the night of November 22, 1993, Sajal and five of his friends, all of the same age, arrived at his residence in North Kolkata. Finding his stepmother alone, the group gagged her and tied her up to a chair.[2] A similar fate befell his stepbrother, when he arrived, and also his father, shortly before midnight. Sajal and one of his accomplices Ranjit, initially tried to murder the three victims by strangling them, but only the stepmother succumbed.[2] Unable to kill his father and stepbrother, Sajal and Ranjit hacked and stabbed them to death. The entire ordeal took nearly three hours.[2]

After committing the crimes, on Sajal's directions, his friends cleaned their weapons with mustard oil and neatly organized them on the table.[2] Exhausted with the exertion, they ate a few Bengali sweets from the refrigerator, and left a few coins on the table as "payment" for the food, an idea that had occurred to Sajal from watching a television program.[2]

Before, Sajal's friends left, they tied him up to a chair and gagged him, to give the appearance that he was a victim too.[1][2] Initially, he was able to allay suspicions.[3] However, theKolkata Police became suspicious, since he showed no signs of a struggle or any other injuries.[1] Upon interrogation, he confessed to committing the murders and detailed the crimes. Neither he, nor his accomplices showed any signs of remorse. Even when the death sentence was announced, the group chose to clap and sing in unison.[2] Later, theCalcutta High Court reduced the sentence to life imprisonment.


Initially Sajal Barui had been serving his sentence at the Dum Dum Cantonment, but had been moved to Midnapore Central Jail in July 2000 due to "administrative problems".[5] In 2001, while serving his prison sentence, Sajal Barui showed signs of an alleged kidney ailment and was transferred to Calcutta National Medical College and Hospital for examination.[3][4] On September 15, 2001 he escaped from the hospital and was at large until early 2003.[4][6] On the night of his escape, Sajal Barui hosted a beer party to which he invited the two police constables that had been put on guard to watch him.[6] He often offered beer that had been smuggled in by his girlfriend, to the constables, so they did not suspect his motives.[6] On that night, however, he spiked the two bottles of beer they had been given to drink with sleeping pills and watched them fall asleep.[6] He then walked out of the hospital unhindered.[6]

[edit]As a fugitive

After escaping from the police, Sajal Barui emailed a friend in Mumbai and fled there.[6] He married there and returned to Kolkata, leaving his wife in Asansol.[6] He committed a number of crimes under various aliases.[6] Police officers of the Phoolbagan and Maniktala Police Stations of Calcutta were nearly successful in recapturing Sajal Barui in early 2003, after they were able to trace his girlfriend and set up a sting operation to recapture him. However, Sajal Barui did not show up for the arranged rendezvous.[4] Sajal Barui then took refuge in the den of a local criminal known as Hathkata Bishu (Bengali for one-armed Bishu) in Lake Town, Kolkata. He worked with Bishu, under the alias Kamal, and was responsible for a robbery in the Ultadanga area of Kolkata.[4] As the search for Kamal intensified, Sajal Barui, migrated to Jamboni, in West Midnapore district, to work for Rajeev Meti, a local criminal.[4]


In late February 2003, a criminal who went by the name of Sheikh Raju was arrested for petty theft in the Jamboni area of West Midnapore district and was brought to MidnaporeCentral Jail.[4] On May 16, 2003, after masquerading as Sheikh Raju for almost three months, this criminal was positively identified as Sajal Barui by a jailer who had met him earlier when he was serving his life sentence at the Alipore Central Jail in Kolkata.[4]

On recapture, Sajal Barui was sent to the Presidency Jail in Kolkata. Here, he formed a network with the terroristAftab Ansari, the prime accused in the 2002 terrorist attack on the American Center in Kolkata and Debashish Chakraborty, a criminal convicted of killing his girlfriend and attempting to kill his mother.[7][8] Soon after this criminal nexus was discovered, Sajal Barui was shifted to the Alipore Central Jail.[7] Debashish Chakraborty was moved to Midnapore Central Jail, from where he escaped on May 28, 2005, only to be recaptured two days later.[8] After serving some time in jail Sajal Barui was released in August 2010 and on June 2011 he was arrested on charges of robbery. [9]

Veni-Vidi-Vici IF-Sizzlerz

Joined: 25 January 2012
Posts: 15288

Posted: 03 February 2013 at 7:46pm | IP Logged
Feb 2nd 2013 cyanide killings- real case  cnn ibn clip

an article in telegraph

Mohan Kumar, a serial killer who murdered at least 20 women in the last five years after telling them that he wanted to marry them, is being tried in Mangalore. V. Kumara Swamy on the chilling case of 'Cyanide' Mohan and his female victims

Anitha Moolya wanted to look her best. So she dressed in an off-white sari with a zari border and tucked in fresh flowers at the top of her neat plait. She wore new gold earrings, along with glass bangles, and a new pair of footwear.

She had good reason to want to look good; she was getting married in a few hours' time in a temple. As her boyfriend waited, she hurried into a women's toilet at Hassan town's inter-city bus stand. And then she collapsed and died.

Anand Kulal was waiting a short distance from the toilet and saw the crowd milling around her. He walked away and was soon swallowed by a stream of people. He returned to the hotel where he and Anitha had spent the night, picked up their belongings and vanished.

Kulal, actually a former primary school science teacher called Mohan Kumar, is now in a fast-track court in Mangalore — seeking to defend himself against accusations of serial killing. The police say he killed at least 20 women over five years.

He is also known as Cyanide Mohan. The victims — including Anitha — were given cyanide in pills that Mohan told them were contraceptives, say the police.

The case has been taking curious turns ever since the 2009 murder of Anitha. To begin with, the Hassan city police suspected the girl had been crossed in love and taken her life.

After Anitha left home, Dakshina Kannada district's richly forested hills and plunging valleys with rivulets crisscrossing the coconut and areca nut groves boomed with the sounds of protests. Local right wing organisations alleged she was the latest victim of "Love Jihad" — a name given to the belief that Muslim youths were luring Hindu women away and converting them to Islam.

And while the locals protested, the police believe Mohan carried on with his murderous plans. He allegedly killed four women after Anitha. In 2009 alone, nine women were killed for the jewellery and the money they carried. All of them died in public toilets at bus stations in Mysore, Bangalore, Madikere and Hassan.

His method, the police say, was simple. "He observed unmarried working women from middle-income and lower-income backgrounds at bus stops and became friendly with them. He then proposed marriage. He wanted no dowry, he said, and urged the women to elope with him to faraway towns after swearing them to secrecy," says Nanjunde Gowda, head of the Sampigehalli Police Station, Bangalore, who had investigated the disappearance cases.

Mohan allegedly had 12 aliases, and mostly chose a surname that indicated the same caste as that of his victim. After taking a room in a small lodge, he would have sex with his victim on the night before the so-called wedding, and then give her cyanide.

"Not being asked for dowry is a big thing in these parts, and he took advantage of that vulnerability. Many women left their homes with their best clothes and jewellery," says Chandra Gupta, superintendent of police, Bellary, who as former assistant superintendent of police, Puttur, led the investigations.

One of Mohan's victims, Sunanda Poojary, even took a bank loan of Rs 25,000 before eloping with him.

Finally, with the help of Anitha's cell phone records, the police zeroed in on Mohan, who had used the phone to get in touch with some of his other victims, says Gowda.

Mohan was arrested in October 2009 from Deralakatta village near Mangalore from the house of his third wife Sridevi Rai. The police say they recovered vials of cyanide, fake identity and visiting cards in various names, fake government seals and rubber stamps, gold ornaments and mobile phones from the house.

The police say they also found a diary where he had maintained a list of all the women he had approached. He struck off the names of those he'd had no success with by marking their names in red. Of every 10 women he met, he apparently succeeded with two.

According to the police, Mohan tried to kill his first victim by pushing her off a bridge into the river Nethravathi in the temple town of Dharmasthala. The woman was rescued and a case of attempted murder registered, but the case fell through in a local court.

He was dismissed from his teaching job in 2005 after his arrest in the case. Mohan, the police believe, learnt about cyanide from a goldsmith who told him about its use in polishing gold. He allegedly posed as a goldsmith and obtained the poison from a chemist in Puttur.

"He was extremely intelligent and cold blooded. But like other criminals he left many traces," says Gowda. For instance, he used several names while checking into lodges, but gave the same address. The police say experts have verified his handwriting. Cheyabba Beary, the special prosecutor in the case, says Mohan deposited jewellery in gold loan companies under his own name. "All the jewellery has now been recovered and we are presenting it as evidence," says Beary.

Taking on Beary is Mohan himself. Prisoner number 2395 spends most of his time in the Mangalore District Jail's Quarantine Cell, going through his charge sheet, newspapers and law books.

Dressed in a well-ironed light blue shirt and pale brown trousers, Mohan walks confidently into the packed court of Ninganagowda Jantli. The court is taking up three cases for now — that of Anitha, Sunanda Poojary and Leelavathi Mestri.

He looks considerably younger than his 46 years, with a shock of black hair and a thick moustache. The judge once again asks him if he'd like to hire a lawyer. He shakes his head.

"I can't afford a good lawyer and I don't think a court-appointed lawyer will fight my case effectively," says an assured Mohan after the court proceedings as he waits for a police vehicle with a posse of policemen. Refusing to answer other questions, he says the prosecution is spreading lies by "tutoring" witnesses. The prosecution has lined up as many as 60-75 witnesses in each of the three cases.

"Kumar may be digging his own grave," says Mangalore criminal lawyer Ashok Kumar P., who has observed the case closely. "He is indirectly and unintentionally admitting his criminality while cross examining the witnesses." Either he is being nave, or it's a strategy, he adds. "If he is convicted, he could ask for a retrial with the plea that he might not have been competent enough."

The case, in fact, is not as air-tight as the police would like to believe. For instance, cyanide has been identified by doctors only in one case. Recently, Mohan while cross examining a forensic doctor, asked why viscera samples were not collected from the victims.

Also, there are no direct witnesses to the case. "There is indirect evidence, but most of the witnesses are either the victims' relatives and friends or stock witnesses of the police who are tutored. There are no material witnesses," says Ashok Kumar.

But Machendra Nath, a Barimar shopkeeper and one of Anitha's neighbours, believes they have a strong case. "So many witnesses cannot be wrong. We have high hopes," says Nath.

And if the testimony of Eshwar Bhat, a priest in Bantwal's Durga Parameshwari temple is anything to go by, Anitha's death did have some impact on Mohan. Just a day after allegedly murdering her, he asked Bhat if there was a special puja to wash away the sins of killing a woman.

"I was shocked, but thought that he was a bit off and told him to offer Kumkuma archanawhich he did," says Bhat.

The case has evoked considerable interest in Mangalore. Srikanth Hegde, a businessman who has been following it, compares Mohan Kumar to Charlie Chaplin's Monsieur Verdoux who, in the eponymous 1947 film, killed wealthy widows.

Hegde believes Mohan deserves what Verdoux got in the film. "Death," he says drawing a noose in the air. But Mohan is not giving up the battle yet. And the judge is still to bring down his gavel.

Veni-Vidi-Vici IF-Sizzlerz

Joined: 25 January 2012
Posts: 15288

Posted: 10 March 2013 at 11:21pm | IP Logged
9th march 2013 epi

'They kidnap kids, kill them and call family for ransom'

Anguished Andheri family gets unexpected help from sleuth who specialises in tracking down such criminals

Posted On Tuesday, July 14, 2009 at 03:21:37 AM

Detective Suryakant Patil helped trace Sahil's ( below)  killers 

A Pune-based private detective who had gone through the trauma of failing to rescue his son from kidnappers helped the police crack a similar case of a seven-year-old boy who went missing in February this year. On Monday, the Crime Branch arrested three persons for kidnapping and murdering the child.

The victim, Sahil Ankush Dalvi, was a Std II student of St Xavier's School at Andheri (E). He lived on the 6th floor of Saidham Co-op Housing Society nearby and his tuition classes were on the first floor of the same building. He went missing on Feb 3. On February 23, his body was found in a decomposed state.

His father Ankush Dalvi says, "A Pune-based detective Suryakant Patil approached me after reading about my son's kidnapping. The detective's son had also been kidnapped and later murdered. He understood my plight and offered to track down the culprits."

Patil says, "The family got just two calls. The first from a PCO and the second from a cell phone, which offered the breakthrough. I traced the permanent address and location of the accused with the help of the mobile phone number from which the kidnappers called Dalvi."

According to Dalvi, Patil zeroed in on the culprits and informed the police who learnt that the main accused was Umesh Ganpat Jadhav, a 24-year-old BA dropout who lives in the same building.

On Monday, the Crime Branch arrested Umesh, his mother Chaya, 50, and cousin Atul Deepak Desai, 20, for kidnapping and murdering the child.

Joint Commissioner of Police Rakesh Maria said, "Umesh, along with Chaya and Atul, had in January hatched the conspiracy to kill Sahil." Apparently, the accused claimed they did it to repay debts.

Patil said, "This was the 31st case of kidnapping and murder that I have solved. I approached the MIDC police and later the Dalvi family as soon I read about the child's disappearance in a newspaper. In such cases, the modus operandi is to kill the victim the same day and then call up the family for ransom. That is what happened to my 3-1/2-year-old son in 1999."

However, Maria denied taking any help from the detective.


On January 26, Umesh called up Atul, who lives in Karad, told him his plan to kidnap Sahil and secure a ransom of Rs 15 lakh. They kept a watch on the boy's movements, but could not touch him as he was always escorted by a family member.

On Feb 3, after the boy finished tuition, Umesh lured him to his house on the pretext of playing computer games. He allegedly strangled the boy. With the help of his mother, he wrapped the body in a towel, put it in a rexin bag and left for Pune.

In Pune, they called up Atul who brought his rickshaw and took the body to a bridge where they put heavy stones in the bag. Around 8.30 pm, they dumped the body in a river. That very day, Umesh and his mother returned to Mumbai. Next day, Umesh called Sahil's father from a PCO at 3.45 pm demanding the ransom. The second call was made from a cell phone. The breakthrough came when a call was made from the same number to Umesh's elder brother's phone. Then, it was just a matter of time before police zeroed in on Umesh.

The Pune-based detective's son had also met a similar fate. He understood my plight and offered to track down my son's murderers

 – Ankush Dalvi

Veni-Vidi-Vici IF-Sizzlerz

Joined: 25 January 2012
Posts: 15288

Posted: 11 March 2013 at 12:04am | IP Logged
March 10 2013

Vaishnavi murder case


Andhra biz tycoon dies after abducted daughter's murder 

Vijayawada: Unable to bear the shock of the gruesome murder of his 10-year-old daughter two days after she was kidnapped, a top Andhra Pradesh businessman died of a cardiac arrest Tuesday morning. 

Palagani Prabhakara Rao, who was in the liquor, real estate and finance business and was a leader of a backward class organisation, collapsed in Vijayawada Monday evening after hearing the news of his daughter's killing. Doctors said he had two cardiac arrests and died at a private hospital Tuesday morning. 

"There is huge public anger over the killing of innocent girl. I heard men and women in TV debates asking the government as to why the murderers can't be killed in an encounter," Chief Minister K Rosaiah told reporters. 
The Chief Minister, who said family feud could be the motive, announced that a fast track court be would set up for speedy trial in the case. "We can't follow the routine process to punish these murders who have put even the devil to shame." 

The body of Class 4 student Naga Vaishnavi was found in a boiler of a foundry on the outskirts of Guntur town, about 50 km from Vijayawada, Monday evening. She had been kidnapped in Vijayawada Saturday by three unidentified men while she was on her way to school in a car. The car driver was stabbed to death. 

Rao's 14-year-old son Sai Tejesh, who was in the car too, managed to escape. The attackers fled in the car with Vaishnavi. 

Police suspect that the abductors murdered the girl before throwing her into an electric boiler used to melt iron scrap to make bolts and nuts. Police could only recover charred remains of the girl. Naga's body was identified with the diamond ring she was wearing being found in the boiler. 
It was double tragedy for Vaishnavi's mother Narmada, who fell unconscious and was rushed to hospital. 

The tragedy plunged Vijayawada into gloom with shops and business establishments downing shutters. Hundreds of people including leaders cutting across party lines queued up at Rao's residence to pay tribute. 

Police have picked up few suspects including Venkata Rao, the brother of Prabhakara Rao's first wife. Police said the culprits threw the body into boiler to wipe out any evidence. The foundry belonged to a relative of Venkata Rao. 

According to Rosaiah, the businessman had not provided any information to police about the family feud or the suspects. 

Vaishnavi was earlier abducted in 2004 by some unidentified people but the couple had not cooperated with the police and got her released by paying ransom to the abductors. "Perhaps he might have thought this time too he can secure her safe release," Rosaiah said. 

According to some local reports, Venkata Rao was reportedly worried that Venkataramanamma's son would not inherit Prabhakara Rao's property and hired killers to kidnap and murder both the children.

Venkataramanamma, however, has denied her involvement in the tragedy. 

Besides the Chief Minister, several ministers, leader of opposition N. Chandrababu Naidu, actor-turned-politician K. Chiranjeevi, Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) leader K. Chandrasekhara Rao and others have expressed shock over the killing of the girl and tragic death of her father. 

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels

Shaitaan - A Criminal Mind Topic Index

  • Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index