The Serial

   

Is there a perfect show?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

eveline

IF-Rockerz

eveline

Joined: 09 April 2009

Posts: 9763

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 9:03am | IP Logged
Humans are not perfect...and therefore, their creations are not perfect either. But therein lies the beauty. 'The Serial' has its pluses and minuses...its strengths and weaknesses...but isn't that natural...especially in a show where the main premise is human relationships and their complexities in the glamour world.
 
Some find it confusing..but so is real life and its choices...some heart breaking...hey that's life for you...some are unhappy with the unequal distribution of screen space...its a work of art..not a mathematical algorithm...some hate the jarring camera...just another novel way to impress us with reality...some think the track is too much focused on one thing...and you think so after six episodes?...isn't this like predicting what a new born baby will become in the future...at least let it learn to crawl before expecting it to fly...some were expecting something else...assumptions only bring disappointments...another issue ... one of the main protagonists is missing...if one actor is not available or willing...a whole concept and show cannot be scrapped...if u have lemons u try ur best and make lemonade...and some wanted to get the big question answered...why???...if the two ppl involved wanted to wash their dirty linen in public...a year later we would not be picking up the pieces of the puzzle...
 
Yes...this show is not perfect...but then neither is any other human artistic creation..be it a Michael Angelo painting...a Shakespearean play...a Mozart symphony...or a karan johar movie!!


Edited by eveline - 04 December 2012 at 10:50am

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

rsa_26zeefan 1-anzaeram-spdparjuhi_sAnchi.-sanju-arjuhi4evapayal_4hey.bhaggushibzNikki_Titli

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is there a perfect show?" in The Serial forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shibz

IF-Sizzlerz

shibz

Joined: 04 September 2009

Posts: 18378

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 10:34am | IP Logged
soo trueApprove

and hey some are just aadat se majboorLOLWink

And I am loving the show with all its flawsDay Dreaming


Edited by shibz - 04 December 2012 at 10:36am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-anzaeram-arjuhi_seveline

eveline

IF-Rockerz

eveline

Joined: 09 April 2009

Posts: 9763

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 10:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shibz

soo trueApprove

and hey some are just aadat se majboorLOLWink

And I am loving the show with all its flawsDay Dreaming
Thank god ...at least you responded...I thought no one agreed with me on this...and figured this must be one of the most unpopular posts of the day...LOL
 
I know its so easy to write off any one's hard work and imagination...but so difficult to come up with something creative your self...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

zeefan 1-anzaeram-arjuhi_sshibzNikki_Titli

hey.bhaggu

IF-Sizzlerz

hey.bhaggu

Joined: 16 June 2006

Posts: 15163

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Like they say, beauty lies in the eye of a beholder. Same is with any artistic creation. Art was, is, and will always be a subjective piece of work where people are bound to judge it for what it is. Art is never right or wrong and it is not something that is limited. A piece of artwork can never satisfy everybody because you will always find someone who disagrees...and that's fine too, you know?

And as far as perfection goes, that's subjective too. What is perfect for me might not be the same for you...so who is right and who is wrong? 

For me, Remix was a perfect show even though it had several technical flaws because it connected to me, and I assume same is with you for KMH? So it all comes down to how well can you connect to something and frankly, for majority to connect with something...there needs to be an universal theme which I feel this show has...I mean it's about actors, but don't we all go through what they are going through as well in some point of our life? Love, friendships, heartbreaks, insecurity, jealousy...just a part of life

As far as people calling it one-sided, well I wouldn't disagree with that...but I would just say it's too early to judge on that front Tongue


Edited by hey.bhaggu - 04 December 2012 at 12:34pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

rsa_26spdpAnchi.evelineshibzNikki_Titli

eveline

IF-Rockerz

eveline

Joined: 09 April 2009

Posts: 9763

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hey.bhaggu

Like they say, beauty lies in the eye of a beholder. Same is with any artistic creation. Art was, is, and will always be a subjective piece of work where people are bound to judge it for what it is. Art is never right or wrong and it is not something that is limited. A piece of artwork can never satisfy everybody because you will always find someone who disagrees...and that's fine too, you know?

And as far as perfection goes, that's subjective too. What is perfect for me might not be the same for you...so who is right and who is wrong? 

For me, Remix was a perfect show even though it had several technical flaws because it connected to me, and I assume same is with you for KMH? So it all comes down to how well can you connect to something and frankly, for majority to connect with something...there needs to be an universal theme which I feel this show has...I mean it's about actors, but don't we all go through what they are going through as well in some point of our life? Love, friendships, heartbreaks, insecurity, jealousy...just a part of life

As far as people calling it one-sided, well I wouldn't disagree with that...but I would just say it's too early to judge on that front Tongue
hey..loved ur well rounded response...I wanted to write some of what you have mentioned her...but the post was getting too long..LOL...mainly the fact that beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and irrespective of what the creator wants to show you...you choose to see what you want to see...yes...its totally subjective...amazing isn't it...ten people look at the same picture...and each and every one of them notice different things...put different interpretations...analyze it totally differently...yet it is indeed the same picture...totally subjective...
 
No ...KMH for me was not a perfect show...but the off screen bonding between two individuals..their smiles...their love...caught my attention...coz such couples are rare to find...alas...lets leave it at that...Ouch
 
Yes...indentification and connectivity are the key words...for any artistic creation...be it a book or a movie or a show...but somewhere this post is meant for people who love to point out faults...who love to criticize but are very sparing when it comes to appreciating the efforts of others...who watch something just to point out where the cast and crew went wrong and where they need improvement...gosh...if they were handed over the reins of this show for a day...it would make a fantastic documentary on disaster management...LOL
 


Edited by eveline - 04 December 2012 at 12:56pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-anzaeram-spdpAnchi.shibzhey.bhagguNikki_Titli

arjuhi4eva

IF-Rockerz

arjuhi4eva

Joined: 12 February 2011

Posts: 5045

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
Nice topic :)
yeah..The Serial has all sorts of flaws ..but i love it with all its flaws ;) such a unique concept it is :D

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

eveline

hey.bhaggu

IF-Sizzlerz

hey.bhaggu

Joined: 16 June 2006

Posts: 15163

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 3:38pm | IP Logged
Well even if this post is meant for someone who love to point out flaws, I am still replying Tongue it's good naa...that way this show would get better and better. And I haven't seen any criticism so far that is done for the heck of it...most people putting their points forward have argued their claim constructively...so I don't see a problem in it.

I don't think people are expecting this show to be perfect but just pointing out the flaws that is stopping them from connecting with this show somewhere on the level they want to...and I frankly don't see a problem in that. 

I would still be confused on what to take out of this show had I not learned that it is mostly fiction with just some references taken from reality. And especially since the beginning storyline was focused on Kundra, I was toh really lost as I had not at all followed him.

Like you said, not everyone views stuff from same vision...and we all have different barriers that stops us from feeling the show...and these people, who are criticizing, I feel, are just pointing that out.


Edited by hey.bhaggu - 04 December 2012 at 3:40pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nikki_Titli

eveline

IF-Rockerz

eveline

Joined: 09 April 2009

Posts: 9763

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 4:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hey.bhaggu

Well even if this post is meant for someone who love to point out flaws, I am still replying Tongue it's good naa...that way this show would get better and better. And I haven't seen any criticism so far that is done for the heck of it...most people putting their points forward have argued their claim constructively...so I don't see a problem in it.

I don't think people are expecting this show to be perfect but just pointing out the flaws that is stopping them from connecting with this show somewhere on the level they want to...and I frankly don't see a problem in that. 

I would still be confused on what to take out of this show had I not learned that it is mostly fiction with just some references taken from reality. And especially since the beginning storyline was focused on Kundra, I was toh really lost as I had not at all followed him.

Like you said, not everyone views stuff from same vision...and we all have different barriers that stops us from feeling the show...and these people, who are criticizing, I feel, are just pointing that out.
u will have to excuse me for that...I am new here...and as such don't know the temperaments of the critiques...Tongue...and also m coming from a forum where criticism was a way of life..Big smile..
 
Yes...so far ...the flaw pointing has been logical ...justified and courteous and hope it stays this way...and totally believe that constructive criticism leads to a better product any day...Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hey.bhagguNikki_Titli

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

 

 

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.