Debate Mansion

you think strict parenting is abusive ? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 10:17pm | IP Logged
The moment we are born, conditioning starts..diff type of conditioning...Kids r so innocent that it is impossible for them to be formal...thy r careful watchers, observers of what is happening around...normaly we all go on forcing children to go to sleep when we think it is time..Bt sleep is not to be manipulated by time... sleep is something inner...if we force again then s/he can pretend... so when you are there he can close the eyes and when u have gone s/he can open the eyes..If you don't feel sleepy how can you go to sleep?...the child feels sleepy s/he will go to sleep...let them free...enjoy...Don't try to make a child old before s/he is old.. don't crush thm...the bad thing about having kids is that they are all morning people. But...Be nice to your kids & DON'T hit or scold kids, NO- seriously... they have diff types of weapons now!!!Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "you think strict parenting is abusive ? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 05 December 2012 at 6:00am | IP Logged
Abuse happens when the parents are mentally unfit to bring up the kids they've produced. It's as simple as that. 

Strict parenting involves curfews, deadlines, no-more-pocket-money, 'off to bed at sharp ten', time-outs when you quarrel with your sibling and grounding, that kinda stuff. Very few Indian parents follow all this. For them, strict is smacking their kids' buttocks occasionally or if they get outta hands, across the face. But it is indeed sad that sometimes something so trivial has a bad effect on the child's psychology.

But as it is, strict parenting isn't abusive. Abusive is when the parent slices their kids' legs off because they stole some mangoes from the garden and ran away. Stern Smile

Edited by Savage - 05 December 2012 at 6:05am

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 12 December 2012 at 10:07am | IP Logged
Parenting : Some animals are just better at it -

locked up?

How smart is that Shocked

Edited by _Angie_ - 12 December 2012 at 10:07am

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 December 2012 at 2:13pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

harianjana

IF-Rockerz

harianjana

Posted: 16 December 2012 at 12:15am | IP Logged
They are our parents, whats wrong if they are a bit strict with us.. Basically My mom is a bit strict with me in times needed but motly friendly with me. But when she was strict at times like my studying an all she even doesn' hesitate to give a slap on my back. But what ever they do its for our welfare only. 
They are our parents, not out enemies to torture us. 
don't forget that a stone needs a very heart beating to make into a beautiful statue. 
its also same. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Al.Iz.WelVIRMANbest

VIRMANbest

Goldie

VIRMANbest

Posted: 23 December 2012 at 2:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Forget yelling. Children these days need a good whipping on their bottoms. People are growing too soft. 
I second that Thumbs Up

chal_phek_mat

chal_phek_mat

Posted: 24 December 2012 at 11:18am | IP Logged

It is always interesting  to see people who have no experience parenting prescribing text books of good parenting to othersWink

Al.Iz.Wel

Al.Iz.Wel

Posted: 24 December 2012 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
guess if such kind of action is taken here(india), 9/10 parents wil be in jail.. maybe they grew in the same pattern might be the reason for it.. but its not an ideal situation to be in.. even my father caned me sometimes but later he used to cry for wat he had done.. apart from that i have freedom so much that my friends didnt have.. they behave quite strange outside their homes because of the fright of their parents which i never had.. but for some reason there needs to be boundaries set for children by parents thats wat resulting in this.. windows and all promotes parental control so why shudnt it be homes but not in a hazardous manner!!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top