Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

beforesunrise

Goldie

beforesunrise

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 5:55am | IP Logged
Recently heard of a case where Indian parents got arrested for yelling on their child in Norway
I don't the whole true story but yes this is true indian parents are little tough and pushy but then if they will not teach us discipline then who will ???

Yes ,their method is wrong but not the intention ...I myself as a child hated such parenting but now i think if my parents were not strict on me then i would have not be this good with my life as i am now ... 

and i know my friends too whose parents were not that hard like mine and they too turned out as good as me ...but whom to blame, our parents ?? i can guarantee 98 % parents hurt their child emotionally but unintentionally  but if you see they are like this because  they were also brought up in such manner so they apply same trick on us to make us like them ...

what you think how can we change parenting skill ...and how many of you are in favor of indian parenting skill ?? 
I personally think a little harshness is always needed but not in the amount that will damage your child's esteem for lifetime 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

JalebiHearts_Angie_--Udhay--

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "you think strict parenting is abusive ?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 7:32am | IP Logged
Forget yelling. Children these days need a good whipping on their bottoms. People are growing too soft. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

VIRMANbestPigBenisFindingShakPerfangel5655

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 8:26am | IP Logged
The charges seem to be of a more serious nature than initially reported. -

CNN-IBN :
"The charges against the Indian couple are from 2007 to March 2012. They are accused of burning their son with hot spoon or metal object and also hitting him with a belt. This kind of disciplinary action is not allowed in Norway," Lir, head of prosecution, Oslo police, said.

An Oslo court is set to rule on the couple on Tuesday. The prosecution has asked for a 15-month jail term for the mother and an 18-month jail term for the father.

If the above report is indeed true then its the parents who need the "whipping" with some serious counselling !

Edited by _Angie_ - 04 December 2012 at 8:35am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Pocketadevperidot.PigBenisepiphany.Perfangel5655

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 8:38am | IP Logged
^^

Well if that is the case then I agree the parent's need some strict disciple. But yelling, an occasional smack etc is not abuse. Parents have to be very strict to ensure their kids don't get into trouble. Kids may not like it and may cry over it, but it is the best.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sankalp_praptiPerfangel5655

beforesunrise

Goldie

beforesunrise

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 8:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Angie_

The charges seem to be of a more serious nature than initially reported. -

CNN-IBN :
"The charges against the Indian couple are from 2007 to March 2012. They are accused of burning their son with hot spoon or metal object and also hitting him with a belt. This kind of disciplinary action is not allowed in Norway," Lir, head of prosecution, Oslo police, said.

An Oslo court is set to rule on the couple on Tuesday. The prosecution has asked for a 15-month jail term for the mother and an 18-month jail term for the father.

If the above report is indeed true then its the parents who need the "whipping" with some serious counselling !

if this is the case then they deserved it ...but sometimes scene is otherwise 

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 9:32am | IP Logged

Agreed that children need to be disciplined from time to time till they are old enough to make their own decisions. A firm handling should do without giving in to any tantrums that might follow. Consistency has to be maintained while disciplining so that the message gets through loud and clear.  Once they realize that throwing tantrums does not get yield any result they will fall in line. A light smack on a rare occasion may be justified but should not become a norm. One has to be firm but shouldn't be losing ones own temper and control in the process.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Pocketperidot.--Udhay--

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 9:43am | IP Logged
Sometimes parents get too predictable and scenes such as these can occur :))

Dear mom letter

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Heartperidot.epiphany.--Udhay--

--Udhay--

IF-Stunnerz

--Udhay--

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 9:59am | IP Logged
I agree that Parents need to be a little strict with their children. But taunting, emotionally torturing them too much is highly unacceptable! I'm a victim. My dad used to constantly pester me in the name of being strict for my welfare.! I know he loves me and I'm a good person now but that constant emotional pain I had underwent has resulted in me suffering from self-esteem issues, which I'm trying to overcome now. In the present scenario, I can only see kids who are over-pampered! (around me, atleast) A little bit of strictness will be good anyways.!

Edited by --Udhay-- - 04 December 2012 at 10:00am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top