If You Were to Write a Book...

Posted: 11 years ago
If you were to write a book, what would it be about?

I know many of us books lovers here are writers too. We write stories, use them to express ourselves and our ideas.

So if you were to write a book and get it published, what would it be about? What's the one topic, genre that interests you the most?
fiction ... angst ... roamnce .. suspense ... these are so so so my genre .. i write as well in future wwanna publish books on these themes ... non- fiction is not my thing but still i love autobiographies
Wow, a lot of genres, Aish! (I hope you don't mind me calling you Aish). Have you written full length stories yet? 

I write as well but mostly it's fiction or coming-of-age. I've tried suspense too but I'm not that good at that genre ðŸ˜³
umm yes yes u can call me aish ...
and no m not a full fledged writer yet maybe someday .. in my teenage its quite hard to jugle between writing and everything specially when u r an UG aspirant ... so its tough for me .. but i do write for an online site .. it's a travel site run by one of my seniors of our school he once asked me to send some entries and since then he makes me write ... small short and perfect .. but thats not me i wanna write something different ... something that can flow ...i write fiction for sites but u know how lame they are most of the time ... audience love masala lolz
maybe sending something here and there in near future will help me

so u write coming-of the age ?? u mean angst?and life'?wow
and well i think suspense writers are good in US only coz writing abt US navy seal is sexy .. but about indian navy seal ?? do they have seals in india ?? i donoo .. tht will be awkward hahaha no offense though

You're right, but that's a start. Writing like that will help you improve your writing and discover your style. That's important.  I hope you get to write your stories soon. I understand how difficult it is. I just graduated from Uni in May so I know the problems of the student life. I have many stories started but only a couple of them are actually finished.

I do write all kinds of genres. Angst/coming-of-age is one of them.  Haha.. maybe you're right. Most of the suspense ones are on military or SEALS etc. I'm not a big fan of this genre so I read it once in awhile but not often. 
yes student life is damn nauseaous .. u wan t something ur parents want something hell of a fight
i hope u do get into publishing work soon god bless
and yea most of the romantic suspense are bad big military guys .. i mean who gets them in reegular life ?? never seen one:P

Aw.. Aish, that's tough. I hope your parents get to see your point-of-view soon and accept it. Good luck for publishing too!

I've published research papers, but nothing fictional yet. I don't think it's that good so.. ðŸ˜³ But I love to write for fun.

Hahaha that's true, but that's true for all fictional heroes, not just the military guys. They are all so good, so romantic, and so unreal. 
yea thts right .. those greek tycoons in Harlequin books .. man! did they even know tht there is recession in greece :P:P:P hehehhe but they r mouthwatering and li'l fantasy never hurts
I would probably write dystopian young adult!! Its my fav. genre.
Nice topic,btw
dysoptian huh/ u a hunger games fan i guess??? Edited by aishwaryagayen - 11 years ago