Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain

Virat - his passion, anger and annoyance... (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 5

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 5

sennareni

Goldie

sennareni

Posted: 03 December 2012 at 10:49am | IP Logged
And i do accept tat Virat and Maanvi are right from their own perspectives, but when u look at it from the others POV they are wrong to each other..

And Virat has been this angry person from the beginning of the show.. When he gets angry and he is hurt, he inflicts pain on the other person too- eg when he sang hua kya hua, when he did not want maanvi to support maya..

But then yeah though my hear goes out to him i really expect tat in the upcoming episodes he regrets certain words he told to maanvi and apologises to her... His mind is clouded with anger and insecurities and he is seeing what he wants to see, but when he comes out of it and calms down he has to understand tat Maanvi was not the reason..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

munnihyderabad

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Virat - his passion, anger and annoyance... (Page 5)" in Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

rabzonedge

IF-Sizzlerz

rabzonedge

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 12:02pm | IP Logged
Sorry Munni for late reply...I am really wordless...you have said it all...
one of the most balanced ME of EHM..and Kushal was at its best...i love his angry look..Nia and Kushal are best in intense scenes...
Thank you munni for making such awesome posts...
you are one of best writer in IF..Hug

munnihyderabad

spreadingsmile

IF-Sizzlerz

spreadingsmile

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 10:51pm | IP Logged
ClapClaphow can u write so wellLOLClapClap.kushal did a wonderfull job here.it touched the heart ...ME was truely a ME this time,.nia and kushal both live the life in virat and manvi.and that is why it connects us so well

munnihyderabad

nikhilageet

IF-Dazzler

nikhilageet

Posted: 05 December 2012 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
Fabulous post Munni and so in depthClapKushal has improved and HowThumbs Up. I have not seen the ME but reading your post has made me want to see it badly because you have potrayed each and every nuance of the virman relationship so well

munnihyderabad

applenpeaches

IF-Dazzler

applenpeaches

Posted: 08 December 2012 at 6:23pm | IP Logged

Loveddd it.. I hadnt watched the episode. So before I read I went and watched the episode.. You captured brilliantly the mental struggle Virat was going through..

Great great post, Munni... Clap

munnihyderabad

leelaa9

IF-Addictz

leelaa9

Posted: 12 December 2012 at 6:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by munnihyderabad

Hello ji.Hug

sorry for the long long post which is just a compilation of bizarre ramblings .. read only to kill your time on a Sunday Tongue

Firstly Kudos to the team for such an outstanding MEStarClap..well paced and well packed.. my heart is so content watching it ...for we have seen such a beautiful episode . after a long long time.. and THANK YOU CVs for not taking the SACRIFICIAL WAY Clap to show their love.. rather these  insecurities and anger show their HUMAN side..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was the one who said, anything based on ABHIMAAN  would be cliched for drama.. but we are humans and our thoughts and emotions are still the same as in 1970s .. the approach is different the emotions are the same.. and who else other than Hrishikesh Mukherjee could have touched this subject of underlying human emotions of Jealousy of a husband to his wife... so poignantly

but the makers here, who ever has handled the ME, kudos to you guys.. you have gone a step ahead with Virat's character ..it was not JEALOUSY as we have seen in Abhimaan.. it is his INSECURITIES and the URGE to prove himself sprouted out of PASSION for his music...

The one word which defines Virat's nature today is his PASSION for music.. I wouldn't say he was flawed today.. infact he wasn't flawed.. he behaved in a natural way .. there was no flaw .. it was just HUMAN..there are some 69 emotions in US,  human beings.. and being insecure or angry or hurt is not flaw ..it is being HUMAN ...as emotions are not flaws..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MUSIC - VIRAT's PASSION:

Virat being the most passionate guy, his love and passion for Music is something within him and which grew with him, he gave up his passion for being betrayed in love, he pursued it back with Maanvi's love.. since the very beginning of the competition he wanted Maanvi to be by his side.. this is a competition..how can they be TOGETHER.. they are bound to stand opposite to each other .. he was ok with it. he was CONFIDENT that he would win, as Maanvi is still by his side technically .. but what changed today is Maanvi is standing between HIM and HIS Goal, his PASSION and his DREAM...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FAILURES: 

the man has seen failures like no one on Indian TV , specially male characters on TV...In every other show. male characters are just perfect with a Midas touch .. whatever they touch, it becomes gold.. but here Virat is real.. his struggle, his failures, his annoyance, frustration, anger on the loved ones make him realistic and human and definitely the first male character on TV .. who being born in a rich family is going through the dark phase of his life and facing failures like no one and there is a limit to one's endurance for failures and time has come where he cannot and does not want to FAIL... this is what is the crux of Virat's character in ME...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HAPPY AND EXCITED: 

To start off with he was happy and excited to  be in finals along with his wife. he takes her out for dinner.. he is smelling  the sweet fragrance of success which is almost there and  his wife is next  to him .. then comes the TV news which showed Maanvi's journey, her cancer struggle and people coming and praising her and telling her that she would WIN as they would vote for her.. this line of Maanvi would win.. it did jerk him a  little. but he laughed it and hid it behind his smile ..and shrugged it off '

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

REALITY HITS HIM: 

Shlok tells Virat being a trained singer, is bound to win..but KC tells him the reality as how Maanvi is more popular and her story of a small town girl and how her fight against cancer is garnering all the sympathy ..this is it, Virat's confidence seems shattered, for he accepted the reality that Maanvi is more popular than him and he is no way close to winning .. he is not being delusional here.. he accepted Maanvi's popularity and felt the tug and feared that he might not be able to achieve his aim and passion.. he fake smiles and walks from there leaving her in confusion

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TRANSPARENCY:

Virat and Maanvi's relation has always been TRANSPARENT and him being the husband,.., never hid his failures or flaws or drawbacks or anguish or any other thing from her. just as any husband would think sharing his fears with his wide would mean belittling himself... but this TRANSPARENCY was never an issue in VirMan's relation..

When Maanvi asks why Virat's mood is off.. he explains her how his confidence is abated, as the competition is coming to end.. he says he does not want to fail as he has seen enough failures..his eyes, his throat everything was clouded with the despair of facing the failure yet again.. he gulps down his fears of facing failure,,, Maanvi's heart is twitched but she composes herself and tries to calm him down and bring back his confidence,.. she tells how deserving he is to win the title and how it's just a time pass for her.. her words of assurance is not helping him in any which way .. as his confidence is totally subsided .. 

here Maanvi goes on and on about herself how she was just having fun and how her lucky stars are with her..these are the lines where he felt the real anguish .. he did not know how to react ,,should he be happy for her or should he be in despair for his low confidence and seeing himself moving away from the success,..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FRUSTRATION AND ANNOYANCE: 

Mr.Deepak, calls on his phone to talk to his wife and not a single word said to him.. while both of them are the finalists of the same competition... only she is getting calls for interviews and the world just chose to ignore him..they are just passing him and walking ahead of him to meet and talk to his wife.. and the words of her coming from Hrishikesh and battling cancer, surely got her the much needed sympathy and fame ..but where is he standing in all this ..only he will know how it tugs when you are ignored ...the moment she started speaking to deepak.. there were some weird feelings in him .. his restlessness.. his annoyance,..anger ...anguish..everything coming to the fore gradually..

.he gulps down the despair.. rubs his hands to ward off the thoughts clouding him.,,. her words are just hurting him.. not that he hates or dislikes her ..it is just that he is seeing the success moving away from him with each passing moment.. he couldn't be in the same room.. he controls his anger, his frustration, his annoyance,, and walks away.. shutting the door behind him.. In the whole scene .. the way he shut the door behind him was so poignant and his expressions so subtle.. the closing of the door is to keep himself away from his wife's fame which is hurting him..he is not aware of  why he is feeling hurt and why he is not liking any bit of it..  I loved every subtle, poignant and impeccable expression  of Kushal here.. BRILLIANTLY OUTSTANDING job by Kushal...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HIS PASSION: 

I am sure everyone just loved loved and loved this scene of VV bros.. Virat sharing his fears of failure with his bhai and Viren assuring him that he did not fail ever and he would always be his side whatever be the situation . My goodness.. two guys on TV soap can tug your heart, pool your eyes and even choke your throat ..in fact this is one in a million relation for me .. with simple words and simple gestures and being there for each other always 

His Passion for music is not just a year or 2 years old.. it's been there with him and grew with him.. Virat, the man who lives life following his heart is very passionate be it for music, maanvi or life in general..He shares with his bhai,  how dejected and broken he was when dadaji questioned his passion for music.. he did not want to see himself failing.. as he had seen enough of them all his life.. he failed at every step.. but still stood there strong where one can rely on him..he asks one question to his bhai

"How will I live if I fail now?" haven't we heard this line before.. yes he asked the same question as "how will I live without Maanvi?" now here we should understand for Virat music is not just any competition where he earns few bucks and becomes famous ... it is his PASSION .. and he has to prove it to himself before proving it to anyone.. 

he says he doesn't want to live life like a loser, he cannot face failure yet again.. he wants to win for himself..the intense urge to prove himself .. the drive of his passion is poignant in his words and his expressions..I don't know for how long he has been yearning to hear his dadaji saying that he is proud of Virat.. he yearns and wishes his dadaji to pat his back and be proud of him.. and all these are not a year or two years back,. they have been there and growing within him all through .. 

.the anguish he went through when he realized he may lose Maanvi is the same as he felt today when he thought that he might lose the competition .. as Music and Maanvi are two integral part of his life. today Maanvi stood between him and his dream.. the unknown anger within him. is diverted towards her.. for his life (Maanvi ) being a hurdle in reaching his goal..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RELATION IN SPOTLIGHT: 

the whole scene, Maanvi was the one who was consistently looking at Virat to find assurance in his eyes,, but he chose to remain silent.. as always Virat never speaks to Maanvi about their relation before the family.. what was more striking is at the end when everyone assures her.. she looks at him for assurance.. he places his hand on her back and makes her sit and assures her with his eyes...but he immediately goes back to his deep growling mood..unable to look at her for his thoughts are compelled to believe otherwise..Maanvi's look of expectation  and Virat's straight face ignoring Maanvi was such a poignant scene, it twitches your heart... and his expressions are hard to decipher as there are lots of emotions he is going through at the moment . 

this time Maanvi's tears did not move him .. her look of helplessness and hope for him to look at her did not melt him.. as he has crossed the line of normal thought process .. his thoughts are clouded by his anger.. he  is driven by passion... he can see nothing but her standing between him and the his dreams..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COMPETITION ENGULFS RELATION: 

Radhaji's message.. he did not once say that we are husband and wife and whatever she sings it's her choice and i don't want to know.. he just heard her out.. and is thoughtful.. for him the relation took a back seat,. his passion for music .. his urge and drive  to prove himself were on the fore .. This is the same virat who, said that relation is relation and competition is competition . but little did he knew that the competition is just engulfing their relation from all ends..

He goes to his room.. where she is so confidently speaking how she would give her best ' while his confidence is rock bottom.. she holds his arm and says nothing in the world can separate them.. he is not in a mood.. as his aim.. his lakshya .. his passion .. his urge of success covered his sane thoughts, about THEIR relation.. which he cherishes to his heart.. today his passion for music took over the strong bond of their relation.. 

He asks her what is her song for the finale... Maanvi being playing and naughty says that she wouldn't share with him as he is her opponent and she would not like to share anything with him.. Maanvi said in a light hearted manner..he was the one who said. that she can make any amount of fun and he wouldn't be hurt.. but today, he caught the wrong end of the stick he could not see Maanvi's naughtiness in that,,as he was in a different level of thoughts when compared to Maanvi ..

Maanvi's words made him believe that she is indeed very serious about the competition and seeing  him as a competitor rather than a husband ..he thinks that she is all out to beat him in the finals.. This is the same virat who assured her that their relation would not be affected atleast from his side.. but he is the one ending up in hurting her and their relation, all unintentionally and unknowingly.. such a human and realistic characterization .. 'Clap

In the hall.. when Virat and Maanvi were asked to reveal their song for final. both were silent ..Viren diffuses the situation.. but Virat's sarcastic remark of "rules of the game.. this is a competition and not an antakshri" definitely left a bad taste for the rest of them,..and they were taken aback with such a remark from the otherwise happy go lucky guy .. Maanvi was confused and excuses herself.. while the rest were unable to contemplate what just happen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WORDS HURLED TO HURT HER

yesterday, none of ..her antics her words her cuteness . the glint of plea in her eyes.. her pout ..her magic on him just did not work on him...

he once said, that he would  compose the world's best music if she is with him..but today she is against him.. without maanvi, virat is nothing but a desolate soul..his despondency which results in anguish and rage against himself and herself for not standing with him..

The sarcasm, the i care naught attitude. the mean words hurled at her, with the purpose of hurting her.. was so very well conceived.. the dialogues.. the sarcasm in his tone...his CONTROLLED ANGER ,.. the subtle expressions in his eyes.. to show his annoyance and his intense urge to prove himself ...his anger crossed the line  today . which made him hurt her more and more and his every words, his every action, reverberated his annoyance towards her with the intention of hurting her.

the words.. that "maine socha nahin tum itna gir sakthi thi" was the last straw . Maanvi lost her calmness as those words hurt her beyond the limit she challenged him.. he was standing there calm and cool..listening to her  angry words.. he did not speak a word while he was speaking .. he was just standing and throwing looks of oh yeah we will see..the words "whatever you try . I am going to WIN this" shows nothing but his desperate urge to win and for that he would hurt anyone and everyone.. . 

Was he wrong . hell would I ever say that .. he was natural and real... you tend to hurt others when you are sad and hurt ..(try to remember ur real life situation.. what would you do when you are happy or sad..)  you tend to smile and hug others when you are happy within .. so being angry and showing it does it make his character worse. hell no . i would say that his darker side. his anger .. his pain.,. his annoyance. his frustration just made him so human and so believable... 

Is he jealous .. hell no . he was not jealous of her success, he was insecure because he was not near the goal.. as it is HIS Maanvi who he has to fight through.. and he was anguished.. for he thought whatever she is doing is for publicity to gain sympathy.either by talking about their marriage or cancer... yes when in anger our thoughts are not rational..we loose the ability to reason out...which is why they say one's anger buries you deep and inflicts you deeper... 

Virat, the guy, who has lived all his life with love and passion ..today his passion for music crossed the line, which pricked his heart to see himself, no where close to Maanvi's popularity..he is angry and frustrated ..  when he is happy no one can stop him from spreading the happiness and showing love.. and when he is hurt.. he gives the same anguish to others, be it his love Maanvi..

it is not his mistrust in her.. it is his way of hurting the people who has pricked his heart. he loves or hates or comforts or hurts with all his heart.. the man has no facade. the man is just a plain open book.. his sarcastic remarks of antakshari, and " ohh really " to Maanvi was only to hurt her. because she is standing in BETWEEN him and his PASSION..rather than standing BY his side..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GRADUAL CHANGE IN HIS CHARACTERIZATION:

.. and Virat's expressions starting of the episode all smiling and happy progressed gradually .. bringing to the fore his insecurities.. his urge to prove himself .. and in the end they both are hurt...their relation did not succumb to the deadly cancer because they were TOGETHER in the fight.. today they are AGAINST each other which is why the very strong relation is succumbed to a mere competition ... they are meant to be TOGETHER to WIN against ANYTHING... If they are against each other their RELATION FAILs..and they have no identity by themselves  by all means a very much needed phase to strengthen their relation  and they are meant to be TOGETHER

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KUSHAL 

Kushal nailed every bit of it in an IMPECCABLE way  .. his words through his teeth.. his suppressed and hurtful voice, his subtle expressions and his CONTROLLED anger were just sheer BRILLIANCE... and Kudos to Kushal and Nia for such an outstanding performance .. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S: Aahhh finally .. i really don't know what i wrote .. because it is way too long and I don't think there is any sense it this time as it is so long and so tough to decipher his thoughts.. and most of the statements are redundant ..sorry for that... need frypans sach much wala to knock some sense into my dumb brains

Superb analytical post.Clap

Post Reply New Post

Go to top