Flops - Nandesh and Aditya

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
Prior to the casting Nandesh, a number of people complained that Anuj Sachdeva was a terrible actor - he as wooden according to the viewers on the forum. I believe he was recast with Nandesh for two reasons a) Nandesh was promised a part in Rab Ne but fell ill and could not starr in the show and b) the writers of the show thought that it was the actor, Anuj, as the reason the viewers did not want the Aditya-Sugni jodi.  Little did the realize that neither appealed to the majority of the viewers.

Nandesh fails as the lead for the first and foremost reason - his voice - it is too femine.  The initial appeal of Anuj was he did have a very strong and powerful voice and his physique was definately suited to the part of Aditya. Plus Aditya was an angry and abrasive young man which suited him perfectly but Nandesh is too gentle and overly sensitive; in fact he was laughable as he tried to man handle TVS.

Nandesh has also failed miserably in his ablity to display different emotions - I've witnessed only one blank look with little fluctuation in his voice.  Either with Gulki and especially with the actress who played Amrita, Nandesh has failed to look appealing.

The character of Aditya has turned from macho to meek. The rationale behind his desire to save his mami who has done 'what?" for him as he stabs his uncle in the back makes no sense. If he cannot look at Reva in a sexual light, how can he look at Sugni? The whole concept is beyond revolting and shows no boundaries or any level of respect. To praise this character has someone with any sense of admirablity is beyond me. Even Aditya had feelings it was NEVER his place to maniupate the situation in favor of anyone without taking into account how many people were benefiting. He is responsible for destroying what chance there was for TVS and Sugni to be together and in reality he never purchased her as his mistress; it was TVS and whoever owns her his TVS and in essence, if he chooses to have sex with her, then he is well within his right to get his money's worth. Bear in mind Sugni was prepared to sell herself to the highest bidder to serve him body and soul; therefore, she needs to uphold her end. 

I veer from the topic here but wil get back; both Nandesh is illsuited for Aditya and Aditya's character is a flop and combined makes this character a disaster and a complete ZERO.
Well,I totally agree with you on this.First of all they  never gave a valid reason for Aditya to be involved in this whole sardhakai fiasco.Plus Adi's decision to marry his mama's flame is zapworthy. Whether Vickram should stay with Reva or divorce her that's a different question altogether.Aditya's character has been ruined completely by the CVs. Adi was fiercely loyal to his family especially to Vickram and really cared about Amrita.Now he is an unfaithfulšŸ¤¬Nandish's voice is too feminine to my liking and can't shout at all.His acting is ok but not that good. He doesn't suit the role in my opinion.
nandish is a very bad actor in uttrn also he got fame because of other people acting (rashmi and rohit) and here also varun's excellent acting everybody watching and this man has married female lead and became a hero i hate nandish.
we watch PSH only to see nandish...we never watched the show before ...love nandish...n few ppl grumbling in india forums dont matter much...zee knows..producers know..his fans know...what he is...n he doesnt need certificate from vikram fans..of all...we r waiting to see him perform..on zee...rishtey today Edited by merryface - 11 years ago
I beg to differ from you. If you would have read all my posts, I never had problems with Anuj or Nandish potraying Aditya. Ofcourse Varun is a fabulous actor but implying that show rides fully on his shoulders is an overstatement. I remember people had started comparing Anuj and Varun ( a veteran actor) right from the beginning and thrashing him for poor acting skills whereas I chose to differ because at that time Anuj hardly got the limelight and major dialogues were with Varun as creatives had decided that way. Moreover I felt that a certain section of viewers wanted to see a Varun Gulki lead in the story so I guess they were hell bent upon criticizing Anuj. And when Anuj got replaced with Nandish, he too was not spared. I could even see derogatory comments on physical aspect of the actor which suggested high intolerance  from Varun fans. In fact  I just could sum up one thing from those posts that Varun / Vikram fans might  be dreaming a total deletion / phasing out of a character called "Aditya" from the story so that there is Vikram Sugni all the way in the story. 
The character "Aditya" and actors who potrayed it were always at the receiving end of such section of people from the beginning.
Regarding Nandish, I do not find him lacking in acting skills or not suitable for Aditya. His persona totally suits Aditya, a city bred cultured guy with modern outlook and the one having a kind and gentle nature who is bit more emotional than practical. And the maturity with which he has accepted Sugni and is supporting her fully has been done justice by Nandish. 
He was good in Uttaran but in PSH he has improved even more.Just because he does not have a high decibel voice does not make him effeminate or weak or meek. His voice has always suggested suaveness required in his character. Agreed that Anuj had a more pronounced voice but I donot see that as a comparison.
It is the story line which went haywire right after the first few episodes when vikram sugni romance was introduced. The story in those episodes was heavily tilted towards these two in such a way that  the writers were not able to find the balance later on and when the balance was seen to be struck , the fulcrum was found shifted.As a result other characters suffered. Whatever insight to the plot was given during the launch of the show was totally lost by excessive focusing on Vikram Sugni romance and God knows for some unseen physical chemistry to lure the audience towards garnering TRPs.

And If you compare this show with other shows running on zee who would have collected numerous awards, I have found the male lead totally flat in terms of acting. The TRPs and awards are now won on the basis of sex appeal, toned bodies, teen/female fan following, greek god looks and abundance of  intimate moments between lead pair instead of ability to emote with voice and eyes and gestures and the content of the show.
I do not give Nandish/Aditya full marks but yes saying a zero is total injustice. If you ask me who is the hero of this show , I would say Narayani Shastri who scores even more than Varun in my opinion for her outstanding performance.

This is not to hurt sentiments of any fan nor I am saying out of bias but I am giving my view point on what Laila posted.
Comparison topics are not allowed. Furthermore, while you are free to criticize an actor on their acting ability, please do not involve their physical characteristics.

Topic closed