Debate Mansion

Debate: Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna -Overrated? (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 12

nikitha_123

nikitha_123

Posted: 11 July 2006 at 4:49am | IP Logged
i liked music of the movie
a typical kj mix LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Debate: Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna -Overrated? (Page 8)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mysterygirl_me

IF-Rockerz

Mysterygirl_me

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 11 July 2006 at 4:52am | IP Logged
I dun think it's overrated it's just given the right amount of hype cuz it's a dharma production film n has a huge star cast in it so people are really expecting a lot from it. Many times movies are given a lot of publicity but they are a big let down but i think karan's film are always way up the expectations and the hype also is worth it...!!!!!

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 11 July 2006 at 5:01am | IP Logged
Extreamely overrated films..afetrall..which SRK film isnot overrated Confused
As far as i understand...its not a film worth all this hype...considering its utrucious story.
Its starcast is making ppl drool over it..
LOL Dead Dead   

Chippeshwini

IF-Sizzlerz

Chippeshwini

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 11 July 2006 at 5:19am | IP Logged
Finally... one chance to point out one 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 bad thing about SRK LOL nah jk i love SRK

But yes... KANK is terribly overrated. The fault isnt for SRK, or Karan Johar, or AB, or really any of the cast and crew. The fault goes to us, the stupid audience (speaking for myself as well). Whenever there's a slight rumour implanted in the Cinema Hub, the audience blindly follows it... for instance=
-Rani did burn-talk with SLB's mom
-Karan and Shah Rukh have a "thing" for each other
-HR said that he is king everyone else are peasants
-HR had sinus implant

what is all of this. This is the same method used to burn the KANK incense stick before any oil has even shown any sign. The movie has not even released, and people are already partying. How come other movies get such a lukewarm welcome while SRK and Karan Johar movies get so much as ribbon cutting... Karan Johar makes movies for classes, no doubt, he's amazing, but i think that if we give his movies such an applaud before the curtain raises, we should do the same with other premiering movies.

kirtib

IF-Veteran Member

kirtib

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 11 July 2006 at 5:38am | IP Logged

[QUOTE=delilah]KANK is hyped to a large extent..but i dont think that Abhi is going to walk away with accolades.

SRK still rules and will always will...even when Hrithik made his debut and everyone said things like SRK is passe now...and his career over...look what has happened..the Baadshah is back as usual and we all know what happened to Roshan Junior. And all the talk abt Big B using his influence to get roles for his son is only making Abhi smaller in my eyes. he should be getting the roles because of his acting skills not because he is a Bachan. 
/QUOTE]

Well Delilah I totally disagree wit u.. I think u hv got incomplete facts.. Amitabh has never lobbeyed for his son to any director.. Abhishek bagged role coz he truly deserves it.. He has become the hearthrob of the whole nation.. The credit shld go totally to him  coz when he had given flops earlier ppl blamed him not his father so when he is tasting success y shld AMitabh gets the recogniton.. And now getting back to ur ques that Amitabh is inluencing directors to get Abhi a role is so untrue.. LEt me clear ur misconception..

1st of all SHahrukh Khan is a very insecured actor. He cant stand anyone else becoming more popular than him. In all the award functions this yr we didnt see Shahrukh Khan at all coz he knew he will not get the award. He only came in Zee CIne award coz he was asked to compare thr.. Shahrukh even missed IIFA award coz AMitabh was the brand ambassador (SRK has all of a sudden became damn incecured of Bachaans)

2. SRK and Karan Johar are best of friends.. SO when Abhishek was offered the role as well then AMitabh warned Karan Johar tht ABhishek's role should not be cut or made small jus to please SRK.. It should be the same as narrated earlier to him.. AMitabh had to say this coz SRK was being v cold to Abhi..

3. Karan Johar chose Abhi coz as we all know he is the hearthrob and everyone is crazy abt him.. Getting Abhi will jus give an edge to his movie.. He chose Hrithik for K3G coz he was hot fav then..

SO now I think all doubts must be cleared.. Abhi ruleZzzzz Clap

sree

IF-Veteran Member

sree

Posted: 11 July 2006 at 5:54am | IP Logged

Originally posted by delilah

KANK is hyped to a large extent..but i dont think that Abhi is going to walk away with accolades.

SRK still rules and will always will...even when Hrithik made his debut and everyone said things like SRK is passe now...and his career over...look what has happened..the Baadshah is back as usual and we all know what happened to Roshan Junior. And all the talk abt Big B using his influence to get roles for his son is only making Abhi smaller in my eyes. he should be getting the roles because of his acting skills not because he is a Bachan.

Coming back to KANK, the best KJ movie was KKHH..even K3G wasnt all that great...Jaya was the best and SRK and Kajol sizzled the screen as usual. I am not too hyper abt KANK..even Fanaa and Krissh were quite overrated. Even the music for these movies isnt all that great either

I think the best movie of this year is Rang De Basanti. Brilliant script and storyline. Superb acting and music by the Genius that is A.R.Rahman..RDB still rocks.

Delilah, i totally disagree with you yaar... Sorry to say this.. It is a well known fact that Big B and Jaya never ever influenced or helped Abhi in getting projects... Abhi's start in filmdom was not good at all... He had flops after flops...  Major ones... His career got to the lowest ebb, even then, Big B always maintained that his son needs to show his prowess on his own, he needs to face failure, only then, he can taste success... He never helped him in his projects.. As good parents, both Jaya and Big B just supported thei son during this down phase, lifted his spirits and asked him to move and strive hard, till he achieves success... This is exactly what Abhi did.... We need to give full points to Big B and Jaya here... They never misused their fame and power to bring success to their son.... Whatever you have mentioned is not at all right...

Abhi learnt it the hard way... He tasted success with Dhoom, probably after 10-12 flops, or even more... The best thing about Abhi here, was he had the will power to go thro this bad phase, stand up and face the criticisms he received... For an actor to face that , particularly when he is the son of Big B, and not to get jittered by it, prove his worth to all and move ahead in life is surely a great achievement... Hats off to Abhi for proving his worth to one and all!!!ClapAlso, we should appreciated Big B and Jaya for being with their son, when he needed the most, pushing him all along to attain success... Clap

*Sareena*

*Sareena*

Posted: 11 July 2006 at 6:10am | IP Logged
oh my god i think shahrukhan looks so fit in that film.

pyaari_puja

IF-Sizzlerz

pyaari_puja

Posted: 11 July 2006 at 6:45am | IP Logged

Originally posted by niya

Originally posted by Supergirl7

how can u say it's overrated when it hasnt even relased yet?
i think krrish was overrated Confused

Definately...I agree...I mean where was all the action?

actually.. i dun think so. i think krrish was a great movie... it wasnt overrated... i mean it lived upto the expectations. there was emotion comendy and actionin the movie.. it had everything. i dun thinkit was overrated

Post Reply New Post

Go to top