Debate: Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna -Overrated? - Page 7

Posted: 17 years ago

[QUOTE=delilah]KANK is hyped to a large extent..but i dont think that Abhi is going to walk away with accolades.

SRK still rules and will always will...even when Hrithik made his debut and everyone said things like SRK is passe now...and his career over...look what has happened..the Baadshah is back as usual and we all know what happened to Roshan Junior. And all the talk abt Big B using his influence to get roles for his son is only making Abhi smaller in my eyes. he should be getting the roles because of his acting skills not because he is a Bachan. 
/QUOTE]

Well Delilah I totally disagree wit u.. I think u hv got incomplete facts.. Amitabh has never lobbeyed for his son to any director.. Abhishek bagged role coz he truly deserves it.. He has become the hearthrob of the whole nation.. The credit shld go totally to him  coz when he had given flops earlier ppl blamed him not his father so when he is tasting success y shld AMitabh gets the recogniton.. And now getting back to ur ques that Amitabh is inluencing directors to get Abhi a role is so untrue.. LEt me clear ur misconception..

1st of all SHahrukh Khan is a very insecured actor. He cant stand anyone else becoming more popular than him. In all the award functions this yr we didnt see Shahrukh Khan at all coz he knew he will not get the award. He only came in Zee CIne award coz he was asked to compare thr.. Shahrukh even missed IIFA award coz AMitabh was the brand ambassador (SRK has all of a sudden became damn incecured of Bachaans)

2. SRK and Karan Johar are best of friends.. SO when Abhishek was offered the role as well then AMitabh warned Karan Johar tht ABhishek's role should not be cut or made small jus to please SRK.. It should be the same as narrated earlier to him.. AMitabh had to say this coz SRK was being v cold to Abhi..

3. Karan Johar chose Abhi coz as we all know he is the hearthrob and everyone is crazy abt him.. Getting Abhi will jus give an edge to his movie.. He chose Hrithik for K3G coz he was hot fav then..

SO now I think all doubts must be cleared.. Abhi ruleZzzzz πŸ‘

Originally posted by delilah

KANK is hyped to a large extent..but i dont think that Abhi is going to walk away with accolades.

SRK still rules and will always will...even when Hrithik made his debut and everyone said things like SRK is passe now...and his career over...look what has happened..the Baadshah is back as usual and we all know what happened to Roshan Junior. And all the talk abt Big B using his influence to get roles for his son is only making Abhi smaller in my eyes. he should be getting the roles because of his acting skills not because he is a Bachan.

Coming back to KANK, the best KJ movie was KKHH..even K3G wasnt all that great...Jaya was the best and SRK and Kajol sizzled the screen as usual. I am not too hyper abt KANK..even Fanaa and Krissh were quite overrated. Even the music for these movies isnt all that great either

I think the best movie of this year is Rang De Basanti. Brilliant script and storyline. Superb acting and music by the Genius that is A.R.Rahman..RDB still rocks.

Delilah, i totally disagree with you yaar... Sorry to say this.. It is a well known fact that Big B and Jaya never ever influenced or helped Abhi in getting projects... Abhi's start in filmdom was not good at all... He had flops after flops...  Major ones... His career got to the lowest ebb, even then, Big B always maintained that his son needs to show his prowess on his own, he needs to face failure, only then, he can taste success... He never helped him in his projects.. As good parents, both Jaya and Big B just supported thei son during this down phase, lifted his spirits and asked him to move and strive hard, till he achieves success... This is exactly what Abhi did.... We need to give full points to Big B and Jaya here... They never misused their fame and power to bring success to their son.... Whatever you have mentioned is not at all right...

Abhi learnt it the hard way... He tasted success with Dhoom, probably after 10-12 flops, or even more... The best thing about Abhi here, was he had the will power to go thro this bad phase, stand up and face the criticisms he received... For an actor to face that , particularly when he is the son of Big B, and not to get jittered by it, prove his worth to all and move ahead in life is surely a great achievement... Hats off to Abhi for proving his worth to one and all!!!πŸ‘Also, we should appreciated Big B and Jaya for being with their son, when he needed the most, pushing him all along to attain success... πŸ‘

oh my god i think shahrukhan looks so fit in that film.

Originally posted by niya

Definately...I agree...I mean where was all the action?

actually.. i dun think so. i think krrish was a great movie... it wasnt overrated... i mean it lived upto the expectations. there was emotion comendy and actionin the movie.. it had everything. i dun thinkit was overrated

I really think Kabhi alvida na kehna is over rated. i saw the promos and i know the story also. and i dont really think its that great.i mean this is my opinion. i think dat all karan johar and SRK movies r really hyped up and not all are actually that good. But im not syaing that all heir movies are like dat. But sme are and i think kabhi alvida na kehna is. One reason it may get such big publicity is da big production house and karan johar but also the big actors and actresses in the movie.

i think dat the movie is over rated becuz i dont thnk da story line is that good. but we can only tell wen it releases and we see the actual movie 😊
Well, to me KANK seems like a pretty interesting movie with good storyline(after reading the preview)....Even though i don't like the actors in it very much but i like sharukh and abhishek....I Don't think you can compare sharukh and abhishek....Sharukh has been in this industry for a long time and knows how to act and perform a scene where abhishek still a beginners who hasn't that great acting capibilities. well, seriously i don't like bachans, preity, rani....But seems like this movie will have good actings, great songs and locales...(That's what audience wants when they go to the theatres..something that can relax their minds)....

But i definitely thought KRISH was overrated....God! where was the stunts...it looks like..a matrix and some other stupid cartoon movies..God!..with bad songs!..It was a horrible movie....

Fanna was a overrated movie and it has a bad storyline, But the songs were great and the acting was great with great shayari that made audience hooked for a while!!!...

PS:..SOrry BACHAN, HRITHIK, RANI, PREITY fans!..It's just my own opinion,!!!

Delilah, i totally disagree with you yaar... Sorry to say this.. It is a well known fact that Big B and Jaya never ever influenced or helped Abhi in getting projects... Abhi's start in filmdom was not good at all... He had flops after flops... Major ones... His career got to the lowest ebb, even then, Big B always maintained that his son needs to show his prowess on his own, he needs to face failure, only then, he can taste success... He never helped him in his projects.. As good parents, both Jaya and Big B just supported thei son during this down phase, lifted his spirits and asked him to move and strive hard, till he achieves success... This is exactly what Abhi did.... We need to give full points to Big B and Jaya here... They never misused their fame and power to bring success to their son.... Whatever you have mentioned is not at all right...

Abhi learnt it the hard way... He tasted success with Dhoom, probably after 10-12 flops, or even more... The best thing about Abhi here, was he had the will power to go thro this bad phase, stand up and face the criticisms he received... For an actor to face that , particularly when he is the son of Big B, and not to get jittered by it, prove his worth to all and move ahead in life is surely a great achievement... Hats off to Abhi for proving his worth to one and all!!!πŸ‘Also, we should appreciated Big B and Jaya for being with their son, when he needed the most, pushing him all along to attain success... πŸ‘

[/QUOTE]
verrrry nicely written πŸ‘ what you printed beautifully includes my thoughts, plus your verry good points. πŸ‘ πŸ‘
Originally posted by sree

ok, I must say that this is a good topic for discussion... Hats off to whoever proposed this topic!!!πŸ‘

Though i am a Big Big SRK , Abhi and Big B fan, i will try my level best to give an unbiased reply to this debate... πŸ˜†

Do you guys think that the movie is overhyped already?

Now, what do we exactly mean by "Overhyped". If you are talking about the appreciation it is getting even before it is relased, then i would like to tell you here that , there are somw reasons for it..

The music of this film is out now to the general public... The songs are simply great, with lyrics at its best... It has some fabulous songs. The Title track of KANK is so very nice to hear. The song Mitwa is so gripping that we tend to listen to it again and again. The promos of the songs are also out, we see all the top stars in this movie... It is powerpacked with great actors... This movie is a by a very talented and succeesful director Karan Johar...who has given us hits after hits.... So what more does the public want now? They really feeel everything about KANK refreshing and nice.. So even if people appreciate it befoer it is released, is there any fault?

I would personally say that the publicity done for this movie is very very minimal when compared to the publicity that was done for Karan Johar's previous movie K3G... This is what i feel....

Are all Shahrukh and Karan Johar's movies overhyped?

As I said above, Karan Johar has given the audience some fabulous movies, which one will never forget. SRK is the Baadshah of Bollywood, is the King Khan... So if people eagerly look forward for this combination to click again, we cannot call it as "Overhyped". ....

Is it a declared hit already?

Only time will tell... Till now, the music has been topping the charbusters... They are getting a very good response... The sales of the music of KANK have increased as weeks preogressed.. I am sure it will reach the top by the time the fil is released... As far as the film goes, we can just take a wild guess about how it will do at the box office...

Karan is now dealing with a very bold subject, where two married couples get their real soulmates after getting married... This is a very sensitive plot, where we will surely go thro a lot of emotions... Being the great actors they are, i am sure that SRK, Abhi, Preity and Rani would have given a top class performance.. Also, Big B, how can we forget him??? Though the plot is somewhat towards the untested ground, there is a a slight doubt on whether the public will accept this storyline with both hands.... But, i am sure Karan would have given a majestic touch to this confusing and sensitive plot tooo... So only time will tell whether this is another feather in the cap for Karan....

What about movies like Fanaa and Kkrish - lots of hype and tepid response.'

Fanaa and Krish were also promoted and publicised. They also had a huge star cast, with great and successful directors... So i dont see any reason why we should be calling these films as "Overhyped " too...

In this day and age does media hype and publicity determine whether a movie will be a hit or not?

Yes, Media hype and the Publicity campaign needs to be done in a right way to take the film to the masses.. But, ultimately, it is the film and the general public who will give us the final verdict... No publicity can help a badly made movie... There are many examples for this...

So , in today's age, a film needs to be packed with good stars, good story, great screenplay, great director's touch, everything, which is summed up by a good publicity too...

Thanks for the opportunity , i loved replying here.... 😳

Sree

thanx...i loved reading ur reply di πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

no! i don't think KANK is overrated! ia gree everyone is eagerly waiting to see the movies, because of the great starcast and songs!! really can't wait to see!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜›
Originally posted by sree

Delilah, i totally disagree with you yaar... Sorry to say this.. It is a well known fact that Big B and Jaya never ever influenced or helped Abhi in getting projects... Abhi's start in filmdom was not good at all... He had flops after flops...  Major ones... His career got to the lowest ebb, even then, Big B always maintained that his son needs to show his prowess on his own, he needs to face failure, only then, he can taste success... He never helped him in his projects.. As good parents, both Jaya and Big B just supported thei son during this down phase, lifted his spirits and asked him to move and strive hard, till he achieves success... This is exactly what Abhi did.... We need to give full points to Big B and Jaya here... They never misused their fame and power to bring success to their son.... Whatever you have mentioned is not at all right...

eggjactly πŸ˜ƒ agree wid u di πŸ˜‰

n please yaar c'mon...dnt compare srk wid hrithik or abhishek ..more so dnt compare any1 wid other person...they r good in their own ways...😳

srk has been in the industry for more than 15 yrs nw πŸ˜³πŸ˜ƒ

n abhi n hrithik r still new in comparison 2 him ....y compare them??

n RDB is a masterpiece i agree wid u on that πŸ‘πŸ‘

bt dnt u think its being unfair comparing RDb wid karan's movies....

they are all together different...πŸ˜•

also abhishek gets the work just on his talent basis πŸ˜³πŸ‘....please stop this influence n such kinda things....spare the poor soul....just that he's amitabh's son u cnt say all that to him

even if we agree with u for a min that he gets roles coz of his dad n mom ...mind u he wnt have stayed n survived for so long ....πŸ˜ƒ

n the fact that he has managed to stay n gets all kinda accolades wid every movie of his proves very much that he has the talent πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

donno hw can u say so (if u hv watched sarkar n many of his recent movies...) . i loved him from the very start...even in refugee πŸ‘πŸ‘