Debate Mansion

Debate: Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna -Overrated? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 12

wildblossom

IF-Rockerz

wildblossom

IF-Crazy Creatives

Posted: 10 July 2006 at 1:12pm | IP Logged
I definitely think its overrated. I have no interest in it at all. All Johar movies are copies of other movies anyway. Adi Chopra himself said that KKHH was just like one of his own movies. And now this common storyline- the songs are horrible- they are too Americanized.

Its just the huge cast and director name that are calling all the attention. There is nothing much to a Johar movie- just tons of color, dance, and songs. So everyone walks away feeling like wow- that was great, but there is not substance.

I like Preity, Abhi and SRK, but I just dont think its that great of a film.

Sorry if I offend anyone, its just my opinion

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Debate: Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna -Overrated? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sarthak84

sarthak84

Posted: 10 July 2006 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
i dont think its overrated
im in a song of the movie when they shot it in ny and its gonna be an awesome movie!
cant wait

JennyPenny

IF-Addictz

JennyPenny

Posted: 10 July 2006 at 1:41pm | IP Logged

Do you guys think that the movie is overhyped already?

No way, I don't it';s overhyped at all. I think people are looking forward to it already

Are all Shahrukh and Karan Johar's movies overhyped?Ermm

Nope, people tend to hype it alot but who wouldn't? They are super-blockbuster always!

Is it a declared hit already?

Yup, it's declared a blockbuster before it hits the screens because we all know that no movie of Karan has been not a hit. perfect cast, story and music = winner

What about movies like Fanaa and Kkrish - lots of hype and tepid response.

Fanaa had hype because of Kajol's movie comeback, and overseas Fanaa has been declared a hit.

Krish - was a good movie, but story was boring. Who ever heard of a Future computer? and for India, it may be exciting but people overseas founded it boring.

In this day and age does media hype and publicity determine whether a movie will be a hit or not?

I don't think so. The quality of the movie depends on it's hit or failure. Smile

JennyPenny

IF-Addictz

JennyPenny

Posted: 10 July 2006 at 1:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by niya

Wink Cholly but disagree with u totally...SRK is gonna give a wkd performance and walk away with praise

Yup, the best actor goes to Shahrukh KhanSmile

SujalkiDeewani

IF-Dazzler

SujalkiDeewani

Posted: 10 July 2006 at 1:54pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by •hinal•

greatt topic!!!!! Clap Clap Clap yes i feel so its getting tooooooooo much overhyping! only coz dt karan johar made it and coz all the big stars such as srk and rani etc are in........ Angry Angry Angry ..........dats y i am not taking a lot of interest init........sumtimes i feel so bad for ova stars coz dey r also as good as rani and srk--buh karan johar neva takes dem in2 his movie--i so h8 him for dis--he is biased!!!! Angry Angry Angry

ill edit my post later coz i ave loadsssssssss to say lol! Wink

bye 4 nowwwwwwwwwwwww Embarrassed

heyy yaar....!!

no offence plzz...he is one of nay1's fav director!!Tongue

n even mine!

n in dat way...u also blaming my srkEmbarrassed

A r y a n

IF-Sizzlerz

A r y a n

Posted: 10 July 2006 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
I think it is really overrated.Infact I think Srk is overrated too.Just because its a Karan Johar movie and it has a nice star cast its expected to be a hit.Fanna was not overrated at all,I myself thought it would be quite boring when I saw the promos but it turned out to be a great movie,why?Not just because it had actors like Aamir-Kajol but also because it had a different and unique story.Karan Johar movies I believe all seem the same.The stories arent all that great but his movies are always a hit,why?Because it has Srk and its a Karan Johar movie.Why wasnt Kaal a hit then?Even though I found Kaal better than most of Karan Johar movies,because it didnt have Srk.Yash Raj movies are far better,they have different star casts and their movies arent all the same.I'm not really looking forward for Kank.I even know a bit of the story and it doesnt sound like a hit excellent story.But I liked Kal Ho Na Ho because it was funny.No matter what the story comedy movies always cheer people up.

Aryan

Groovychick

IF-Rockerz

Groovychick

Posted: 10 July 2006 at 2:11pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Supergirl7

how can u say it's overrated when it hasnt even relased yet?
i think krrish was overratedConfused

shireen..i think what she means to say is that it's been given a lot of attention to already..especially in the media..Confusedso basically it's overrated even b4 it's relased:s

Tina xx

SujalkiDeewani

IF-Dazzler

SujalkiDeewani

Posted: 10 July 2006 at 2:12pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Buffie

Well,sorry all the SRK fans,but he looks really old on KANK Confused ..His age is showing up and no amount of make up can masquerade him as a young manConfused..he's kinda a bit over the hill right now,especially with Abhi having the world at his feet right nowEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed.....and Abhishek looks so suave and charmingEmbarrassed..I wouldnt be surprised if Abhishek walks away with the critical acclaim a la Yuva Big smile

SRK would be his usual boring self,over the top histrionics,twirling his eyebrows and lips and smirking whenever there's any emotional scene,Priety would be the same as in Salaam Namaste...I personally feel that Rani and Abhi would give stellar performances Clap

And,it goes without saying that all the Karan Johar movies are overhyped... all of his movies garner unbelievable cogitation and curiosity,albeit most have nothing new to offerOuch...got to see if he does something different this time around and succeeds in turning a corner

n i feel dat..........abhi or even tom cruise can neva eva take SRK's place!!

he is.....wat he rele is!

it is not a joke dat he won da best actor awardz....eve year...until hrithik roshan dint cum n gave da money 2 winLOL(no offence hrithik fanz..LOL)..LOL

he duz not has alwayz da same luxx!!.........he is da badshah of bolllywood........dat status can neva be given 2 abhi......coz he is not wat SRK is!!!!Wink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top