Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1 n only-rajeev thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
It is hyped...but i cant say its over hyped before watching it as all 3-4 movies i have seen being made under karan johar by dharma productions deserve the hype created for them.

His movies are always larger than life and with such an impressing star cast who doesnt want to watch it. 😳 😳

Moreover the songs of all his movies so far have been awesome 👏 👏 ...whether by jatin lalit in KKHH or shankar ehsaan loy in KANK or KHNH.I just love the locations in his movie and the colourful songs are just too good to watch.

If the audience are expected to spend 150 bugs on just the ticket to watch it in multiplexes...then we need such movies also so that we feel the need 2 watch it on a mulitplex spending that amount of money which makes us feel that it was worth spending that much and watching such a movie. 😃

And lastly one cannot ignore the fact that a film maker just doesnt make the movie to put forward a story but also for earning a profit. And if karan johar doesnt feel people are going to watch it why would he make such movies.He has already proved it with his 3 movies that no matter what people say ....
main point is if you want people to watch the movie story is next thing...
by next i mean that obviously movie works if it has potential in it ,if it has a good story ...dsnt matter if it stars a new comer or nt so famous star ...bt ...bt ...the reason y people desperately wait for the movie to release and want to watch it on big screen is because of the hype created n the famous star cast and good music.

If you want people to watch ur movie from the day it has opened on the box office then such hype is needed...otherwise wait for reviews n if they r good enuf movie will work frm next week of release ...n tab tak to karan's movie have already recovered their cost(ie. bt 1st weekend).

SO YES I AGREE HYPE IS CREATED ...BUT THEN ITS NEEDED...
and hype tabhi create kiya jaata hai jab film banane waale ko pata ho uski film mein aisi baat hai.
Like even though krishh is 🤢 but then coz of hype it created it had boards of house full n recovered its cost... 😉

Edited by 1 n only-rajeev - 17 years ago
Adorable_Ankita thumbnail
omg miss intelligent n confident kay essay likha hein reeee. 👏 woh bhi in such a short tym.. 👏 👏 i agree wid each n every thing u said.. 👏 i will surle gonna watch kank chahe kaise bhi hon if not for storyline den for my abhi 😳 😳 😳
delilah thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
KANK is hyped to a large extent..but i dont think that Abhi is going to walk away with accolades.

SRK still rules and will always will...even when Hrithik made his debut and everyone said things like SRK is passe now...and his career over...look what has happened..the Baadshah is back as usual and we all know what happened to Roshan Junior. And all the talk abt Big B using his influence to get roles for his son is only making Abhi smaller in my eyes. he should be getting the roles because of his acting skills not because he is a Bachan.

Coming back to KANK, the best KJ movie was KKHH..even K3G wasnt all that great...Jaya was the best and SRK and Kajol sizzled the screen as usual. I am not too hyper abt KANK..even Fanaa and Krissh were quite overrated. Even the music for these movies isnt all that great either

I think the best movie of this year is Rang De Basanti. Brilliant script and storyline. Superb acting and music by the Genius that is A.R.Rahman..RDB still rocks.
Edited by delilah - 17 years ago
buttercup thumbnail
I disagree.. its not abt overrated.. film is nt even released yet.. its abt expectations.. with all karan johar movies ..having the huge cast we have a high expectation but not over rated.... 😛

as for krissh i wud totally say it was tooooooooooooo much overrated.. its not even closer to wht i expected from wht ive seen them promoting all over on star plus, channel v ..etc.. its one movie i had wished tht i didnt watch.. coz i had so much expectations frm tht.. but i didnt get upto tht.

as far as it is to fanaa..it was just an amazing movie.. not overrated.. not below expectations.. it was upto the mark way better than the highly promoted movies.. 😃
MrsRajeev thumbnail
yea i think it is over rated its like many superstarss like Ab r dragged in it Like krissh songs were good awesome bt the movie wasnt dat good n beside kabhi alvida........Is gonna get hit although it has got a lot ov starss which seem to be dragged bt its songs r Rocking n it might get hit too Lets wait n watch 😉
coolsonu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: 1 n only-rajeev

It is hyped...but i cant say its over hyped before watching it as all 3-4 movies i have seen being made under karan johar by dharma productions deserve the hype created for them.

His movies are always larger than life and with such an impressing star cast who doesnt want to watch it. 😳 😳

Moreover the songs of all his movies so far have been awesome 👏 👏 ...whether by jatin lalit in KKHH or shankar ehsaan loy in KANK or KHNH.I just love the locations in his movie and the colourful songs are just too good to watch.

If the audience are expected to spend 150 bugs on just the ticket to watch it in multiplexes...then we need such movies also so that we feel the need 2 watch it on a mulitplex spending that amount of money which makes us feel that it was worth spending that much and watching such a movie. 😃

And lastly one cannot ignore the fact that a film maker just doesnt make the movie to put forward a story but also for earning a profit. And if karan johar doesnt feel people are going to watch it why would he make such movies.He has already proved it with his 3 movies that no matter what people say ....
main point is if you want people to watch the movie story is next thing...
by next i mean that obviously movie works if it has potential in it ,if it has a good story ...dsnt matter if it stars a new comer or nt so famous star ...bt ...bt ...the reason y people desperately wait for the movie to release and want to watch it on big screen is because of the hype created n the famous star cast and good music.

If you want people to watch ur movie from the day it has opened on the box office then such hype is needed...otherwise wait for reviews n if they r good enuf movie will work frm next week of release ...n tab tak to karan's movie have already recovered their cost(ie. bt 1st weekend).

SO YES I AGREE HYPE IS CREATED ...BUT THEN ITS NEEDED...
and hype tabhi create kiya jaata hai jab film banane waale ko pata ho uski film mein aisi baat hai.
Like even though krishh is 🤢 but then coz of hype it created it had boards of house full n recovered its cost... 😉

To SOME extent...I agree wid u!!!
nikitha_123 thumbnail
i liked music of the movie
a typical kj mix 😆
Mysterygirl_me thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I dun think it's overrated it's just given the right amount of hype cuz it's a dharma production film n has a huge star cast in it so people are really expecting a lot from it. Many times movies are given a lot of publicity but they are a big let down but i think karan's film are always way up the expectations and the hype also is worth it...!!!!!
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
Extreamely overrated films..afetrall..which SRK film isnot overrated 😕
As far as i understand...its not a film worth all this hype...considering its utrucious story.
Its starcast is making ppl drool over it..
😆 🤢 🤢   
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Finally... one chance to point out one 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 bad thing about SRK 😆 nah jk i love SRK

But yes... KANK is terribly overrated. The fault isnt for SRK, or Karan Johar, or AB, or really any of the cast and crew. The fault goes to us, the stupid audience (speaking for myself as well). Whenever there's a slight rumour implanted in the Cinema Hub, the audience blindly follows it... for instance=
-Rani did burn-talk with SLB's mom
-Karan and Shah Rukh have a "thing" for each other
-HR said that he is king everyone else are peasants
-HR had sinus implant

what is all of this. This is the same method used to burn the KANK incense stick before any oil has even shown any sign. The movie has not even released, and people are already partying. How come other movies get such a lukewarm welcome while SRK and Karan Johar movies get so much as ribbon cutting... Karan Johar makes movies for classes, no doubt, he's amazing, but i think that if we give his movies such an applaud before the curtain raises, we should do the same with other premiering movies.