Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 17 years ago
I wouldn't say it is overrated, obviously there is going to be a big hype around this film because it is a Karan Johar film. This is a guy who has made three blockbuster films, plus it boasts of a huge star cast. There are a lot of expectations for this film, and I am sure it won't be a letdown.
aishabajwa thumbnail
srk and karan johar have already proved to be tha best ...so this movie is just another token of their always being the best team....they just rock
tenyangzom thumbnail
wht?? fo sho the movie is gonna b hit...dunno about supahit but it sho is gonna b a hit...since moi sharukh n preity is dur..lol...i jus luv karan's movie..n preity's except fo 1 movie...wid govinda lol..
Pachu.P thumbnail
I don't think its overrated at all!! Because, it has SRK n Karan Johar formula which has worked on all of Karan's previous movies!

Plus, lets not forget that the movie also stars, Rani, Preity, Abhishek, n most importantly, the Big B- Mr.Bachchan himself!
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I think since it's a Karan Johar+SRK movie, it's already considered a hit...and also, Karan doesn't make that many movies, but whenever he does, they're bit hits!
best4u thumbnail
yes it is most overrated... i just dislike that karan johar so much... he is gay... so boring stale stuff he comes up with... and never forgets to cast his boyfriend srk in them 🀒

Edited by best4u - 17 years ago
amna malik thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
People r overhyped abt this movie,movie itself isn't overhyped.This is movie is declared the most awaited movie of 2006 which means people have really high expectations frm it.Karan johar movies r alwayz big blockbusters,and this movie has a + point tht is the big star cast so people r obviously waiting for this movie really bad.The music is out and already a hit,the promos r out and they r liked by everyone so expectations r increasing day by day whenever people see any new thing related to the film.This doens't mean it is overhyped.And i m 100% sure it'll be a smash hit.

amna
sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

ok, I must say that this is a good topic for discussion... Hats off to whoever proposed this topic!!!πŸ‘

Though i am a Big Big SRK , Abhi and Big B fan, i will try my level best to give an unbiased reply to this debate... πŸ˜†

Do you guys think that the movie is overhyped already?

Now, what do we exactly mean by "Overhyped". If you are talking about the appreciation it is getting even before it is relased, then i would like to tell you here that , there are somw reasons for it..

The music of this film is out now to the general public... The songs are simply great, with lyrics at its best... It has some fabulous songs. The Title track of KANK is so very nice to hear. The song Mitwa is so gripping that we tend to listen to it again and again. The promos of the songs are also out, we see all the top stars in this movie... It is powerpacked with great actors... This movie is a by a very talented and succeesful director Karan Johar...who has given us hits after hits.... So what more does the public want now? They really feeel everything about KANK refreshing and nice.. So even if people appreciate it befoer it is released, is there any fault?

I would personally say that the publicity done for this movie is very very minimal when compared to the publicity that was done for Karan Johar's previous movie K3G... This is what i feel....

Are all Shahrukh and Karan Johar's movies overhyped?

As I said above, Karan Johar has given the audience some fabulous movies, which one will never forget. SRK is the Baadshah of Bollywood, is the King Khan... So if people eagerly look forward for this combination to click again, we cannot call it as "Overhyped". ....

Is it a declared hit already?

Only time will tell... Till now, the music has been topping the charbusters... They are getting a very good response... The sales of the music of KANK have increased as weeks preogressed.. I am sure it will reach the top by the time the fil is released... As far as the film goes, we can just take a wild guess about how it will do at the box office...

Karan is now dealing with a very bold subject, where two married couples get their real soulmates after getting married... This is a very sensitive plot, where we will surely go thro a lot of emotions... Being the great actors they are, i am sure that SRK, Abhi, Preity and Rani would have given a top class performance.. Also, Big B, how can we forget him??? Though the plot is somewhat towards the untested ground, there is a a slight doubt on whether the public will accept this storyline with both hands.... But, i am sure Karan would have given a majestic touch to this confusing and sensitive plot tooo... So only time will tell whether this is another feather in the cap for Karan....

What about movies like Fanaa and Kkrish - lots of hype and tepid response.'

Fanaa and Krish were also promoted and publicised. They also had a huge star cast, with great and successful directors... So i dont see any reason why we should be calling these films as "Overhyped " too...

In this day and age does media hype and publicity determine whether a movie will be a hit or not?

Yes, Media hype and the Publicity campaign needs to be done in a right way to take the film to the masses.. But, ultimately, it is the film and the general public who will give us the final verdict... No publicity can help a badly made movie... There are many examples for this...

So , in today's age, a film needs to be packed with good stars, good story, great screenplay, great director's touch, everything, which is summed up by a good publicity too...

Thanks for the opportunity , i loved replying here.... 😳

Sree

tangina r thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~Saad~

obviously it is the most overated movie.................and a big time flop πŸ˜†

r u ok saad?

i think the movie has been to over hyped. And its ok coz its a karan johar film and srk n rani, preity, abhishek, arjun and ofcourse Amitabh bachchan r in it...and its the first time all these ppl r gonna star in a film 2gether😳.

ps.i cant wait till i see the movie although i have gone a bit bord listening to the songs coz everytime i change the tv channel i see KANK.

coolsonu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I think kkrishh was realllllly over rated...its such a faaltoo film....Fanaaa is much much better....
But we hav to wait for Kank to see if its better than fanaa or not!!
PLUS, I think KANK is NOT BEING THAT HYPED AS previous SRK-Karan movies!!