Debate: Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna -Overrated?

Posted: 17 years ago

Hello Friends!

Today's discussion is regarding the movie "Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna"

Do you guys think that the movie is overhyped already?

Are all Shahrukh and Karan Johar's movies overhyped?🤔

Is it a declared hit already?

What about movies like Fanaa and Kkrish - lots of hype and tepid response.

In this day and age does media hype and publicity determine whether a movie will be a hit or not?

Do share your views with us.This topic is for July 10-11 only so be quick to share your views😊.

Regards,

IF-Development Team.

Edited by Diva - 17 years ago
greatt topic!!!!! 👏 👏 👏 yes i feel so its getting tooooooooo much overhyping! only coz dt karan johar made it and coz all the big stars such as srk and rani etc are in........ 😡 😡 😡 ..........dats y i am not taking a lot of interest init........sumtimes i feel so bad for ova stars coz dey r also as good as rani and srk--buh karan johar neva takes dem in2 his movie--i so h8 him for dis--he is biased!!!! 😡 😡 😡

ill edit my post later coz i ave loadsssssssss to say lol! 😉

bye 4 nowwwwwwwwwwwww 😳
lolz...i wud say that the media does have a certain role in the movie being sucessful. Sometimes the trailers sound so good that u have to go and watch the movie but it ends up being nothing. But all the hype is only good if the movie itself does not turn out to be a let-down. Take Fanaa for example....the movie had a lot of hype and why not, it was the return of kajol after a long time off, but when i actually sat down and wathced the movie i was kinda disappointed...they made it sound so good in the Ads and stuff that the actual movie din live to the expectations that u had formed.
Yes, i wud say that all Karan Johar movies have been overhyped but how many is that? - like 3-4 movies??? but they all turned out to be really good. and as far as proclaiming it a hit in advance, they can do that all they want but it will only be decided when the movie hits the theatres and the public sends in the verdict....
No I dont think so at all...It is because it a Karan Johar movie and his movies have been big hits in the past therefore its just high expectations...and I do think that it will suceed...also seeing all these big and great stars in it makes the hype around it bigger...seeing all of them together is a change and a welcomed one...also its not wrong that Karan choosed Rani and Srk...afterall they are one of the really good actors...and he as a director has every right to choose who acts in his film...and even if he does choose the people he does...he knws that there will be excitement...and thats whats creating the hype...and at the same time publicizing it!
Yes I think its overrated! But for some reason I have a feeling that Karan Johar movies are good with emotional stuff and they make it greatly like that! I don't kno why....its that innre feelings that its a great movie
how can u say it's overrated when it hasnt even relased yet?
i think krrish was overrated 😕
ummm...maybe it is hyped up before its released but that's cause karan johar has proved several times that he is a great film maker and people are now expecting him to give them the fine quality movies that he gave them earlier....but i think that hype upto some extent is OK but then a movie should be given a chance to prove itself too....we should not judge a movie, good or bad, before watching it...

Naina
I think KANK and all Karan Johar movies are just too overrated. Just because a movie has a good star cast doesn't mean that it will be a hit. Have any of you noticed how his movies are like usually the same boring stuff? I think Fanaa was too overrated as well because of Kajol and stuff. I actually didn't like Fanaa so I think it was overrated.
Well I think the hype is more coz of the starcast..And KAran Johar always take the best starcast..in k3g he had shahrukh and then heartthrob Hrithik and this time its the darlingggggggggggg Abhishek.. 😳

I jus hope Shahrukh doesnt overpower Abhishek's role.. I am a movie buff and I am eagerly waiting for this movie. 😊
Originally posted by Supergirl7

how can u say it's overrated when it hasnt even relased yet?
i think krrish was overrated 😕

Definately...I agree...I mean where was all the action?