Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

India-Forums

Is Purab a hypocrite ? (Page 3)

angelic_devil IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 03 November 2004 at 5:26am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Anitha Groupbie
Anitha
Anitha

Posted: 03 November 2004 at 6:40am | IP Logged

Purab is human after all. He cannot be PERFECT ALL the time!! And we shud not expect him to be.

We are all hypocrites in our own way. So lets give this character a break!! Jealousy is part and parcel of any relationship. And has to be resolved by the two parties involved. In fact I've seen that JEALOUSY is a major reason for relationships breaking.

stpra Groupbie
stpra
stpra

Posted: 03 November 2004 at 7:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Anitha

Purab is human after all. He cannot be PERFECT ALL the time!! And we shud not expect him to be.

We are all hypocrites in our own way. So lets give this character a break!! Jealousy is part and parcel of any relationship. And has to be resolved by the two parties involved. In fact I've seen that JEALOUSY is a major reason for relationships breaking.

You are forgetting that Purab knows something about Jassi that Jassi herself doesn't know that Purab is aware of that.

Purab knows about past Armaan-jassi thing. Jassi had tried to express herself and openly admit. He stops her immediately, never even let her complete.  Where was his "HUMAN BEING" gone then ? Why did he act like a God back then and now even worse than an animal ?

Answer me when does his own statement "Jassi, I trust with every decisions you make " hold water  ? When Jassi goes out with Nandu ? Yeah, we need to give him a break, his wedding is just around the corner, and he doubts his would-be.  

I don't think he deserves her.  Also, do not forget the trick he had played to get Jassi . Remember Arundati ?

ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 03 November 2004 at 7:49am | IP Logged

Talk about being contrary….first we were mad that Purab trusts Jassi implicitly, lets her walk all over him and treats her like a child and now that it feels that he is at the end of his tether, we complain again…..Confused

So why is he surprised to see her with Armaan ?  Was he expecting not to see Armaan and Jassi ? If he is so insecure about Jassi whats the point of telling that he trusts every decision she makes. This is completely insane. 

Purab doesn't trust Jassi????? thats newsConfused……its not that Purab thinks that Jassi is playing behind his back, rather he feels that something in the whole equation does not add up….Trust is a two way street…..one can only trust so much before it reaches its limitDead….especially since the other partner is taking one's understanding and tolerance for grantedDeadDead…..add to it the late hour and fact that Jassi hasn't told Purab abt the meeting and I think were it anyone else other than Purab, he would definitely have jumped all over A&J with half formed accusations…..DeadDeadDead

Purab is very insecure about Jassi…… Even funnier is that he thinks even Bebe and Amrit are trying to hide something about Jassi and Armaan.I can understand what he is going through is somewhat natural for someone in love but not natural for someone who is supposed to be a great friend.

and Minnie u r right….Purab has been very insecure abt jassi lately…..and keeping in mind her recent track record, that is a given….of course those who have always associated Purab in the ranks of Devtas have a hard time swallowing itWink….

but the fact is that Purab is very human…..yet, had he come out and met A&J, it would have made everyone involved rather uncomfortable….

also at this time Purab is having a rather tunnel vision…..Jassi is weighting heavily on his mind and at such times (be it a friend or lover) we all develop a certain amount of egocentric view….he has bottled things up and they are blurring his thoughts too….and look back over recent events….I don't think Jassi has been a good FRIEND to purab since she has become the CEO of Gulmohar…..Angry

Still it is commendable (as Freshair mentioned) that he is rationalizing everything by himself rather than blurting his confusions to the rest and making them even more confused….

Anitha Groupbie
Anitha
Anitha

Posted: 03 November 2004 at 7:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by stpra

[QUOTE=Anitha]

You are forgetting that Purab knows something about Jassi that Jassi herself doesn't know that Purab is aware of that.

Purab knows about past Armaan-jassi thing. Jassi had tried to express herself and openly admit. He stops her immediately, never even let her complete.  Where was his "HUMAN BEING" gone then ? Why did he act like a God back then and now even worse than an animal ?

Answer me when does his own statement "Jassi, I trust with every decisions you make " hold water  ? When Jassi goes out with Nandu ? Yeah, we need to give him a break, his wedding is just around the corner, and he doubts his would-be.  

I don't think he deserves her.  Also, do not forget the trick he had played to get Jassi . Remember Arundati ?

Trust is a funny thing. I trust my husband not to cheat on me. But if I see him with some girl and he does not tell me and avoids the whole topic....its bound to create conflict in MY mind. The fight between the heart and the head is too complex. I would be very unhappy that someone I love is doing somethign behind my back...unintentinally maybe from the otehr person's viewpoint. But its bound to create tensions.

This is precisely why OPEN COMMUNICATIONS in a relationship is so vital. So what if Purab is trying to avoid Armaan topic....I think Jassi (if she is as intelligent as she is suppossed to be) should lay all the cards on the table and spell it out. BUT the problem is she herself is NOT CLEAR!!! Is it Armaan...or is it Purab...shez not sure herself. Hence this uneasiness has started. Its now creating conflict in Purab's mind too.

stpra Groupbie
stpra
stpra

Posted: 03 November 2004 at 8:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Anitha

Trust is a funny thing. I trust my husband not to cheat on me. But if I see him with some girl and he does not tell me and avoids the whole topic....its bound to create conflict in MY mind. The fight between the heart and the head is too complex. I would be very unhappy that someone I love is doing somethign behind my back...unintentinally maybe from the otehr person's viewpoint. But its bound to create tensions.

This is precisely why OPEN COMMUNICATIONS in a relationship is so vital. So what if Purab is trying to avoid Armaan topic....I think Jassi (if she is as intelligent as she is suppossed to be) should lay all the cards on the table and spell it out. BUT the problem is she herself is NOT CLEAR!!! Is it Armaan...or is it Purab...shez not sure herself. Hence this uneasiness has started. Its now creating conflict in Purab's mind too.

Anitha,

This is where we differ. You trust your husband, but your husband does not trust you. That is why he tries to avoid the topic. I'm not sure about your personal relationship but incase of Jassi, Jassi has complete trust in Purab. This is vindicated when she tells Armaan wants to meet her all alone. Also, she has gone to the extent that she is no afraid to admit that she bluttered Armaan's name instead of Purab as her love.

Purab, on the other hand infact says he trusts Jassi but has doubts about her.

Now what do you call those people who talk but don't walk their talk ? Aren't they supposed to be called hypocrite ?
ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 03 November 2004 at 9:16am | IP Logged

but incase of Jassi, Jassi has complete trust in Purab. This is vindicated when she tells Armaan wants to meet her all alone. Also, she has gone to the extent that she is no afraid to admit that she bluttered Armaan's name instead of Purab as her love.

Jassi believes that Purab will FORGIVE her any transgression and that he will TOLERATE all she dishes out....she is never shown pondering how HER actions will affect him......considering that he will be her life partner very soon, this slip is taken as insensitivity.....Also, had Jassi really TRUSTED Purab, she would not have walked over Purab when he expressed his views abt Armaan.....as for the last part, Jassi is doing it to clear her conscience....to prove to herself that, inspite of what she said, she has no feelings for Armaan....and what better way to demonstrate it than to tell ur prospective bridegroom.....

Purab, on the other hand infact says he trusts Jassi but has doubts about her.

....Purab has doubts abt Jassi's FEELINGS for him/armaan and not abt what he saw.....lately Jassi's behavior has been contradicting her words.....it is natural that he, as the prospective groom, try to clear them up before they do something irrevocable such as marriage....Still inspite of what he saw, he is giving Jassi the benifit of doubt.....making excuses for her actions....seems to me that he still trusts her or the marriage thing would be out the window....
yashika Senior Member
yashika
yashika

Posted: 03 November 2004 at 9:18am | IP Logged
How can purab be considered as unreasonable and a hypocite ?

All those saying this, first ignore your resentment for the character for the moment, put yourselves in his shoes and then react.

He had said that jassi's past did not concern him because he was given to believe that it did not concern HER anymore and that she had put it behind her. She was the one who brought up the mariage issue when he was perfectly ok with just being a friend to her. She was the one who tore the diary in his presence and said that she wished to move on !

When he felt that she still may have feelings for Armaan and they may not be doing the right thing by getting married, she again reassured him that there was no such thing and he took her word for it and let it go. Mind you he did not accuse her or unnecessarily badger her with uncomfortable questions, he did not ask her to stop meeting the guy or put any kind of pressure on her like a typical chauvinist pig wld do

But if the lady starts showing complete disregard for his feelings (the lunch episode when she left him standing high and dry at the entrance of the restaurant), starts taking him for granted, considers his calls to be un imporatant and bangs down the phone on him just coz her Armaan sir drops into her cabin, meets her armaan sir late in the night and that too on her pre engagement party day etc etc etc should he not even have the right to at least be concerned that she may still be very much in love with the guy and that they may not be doing the right thing by going ahead with the marriage.

It is not about not TRUSTING someone, it is abt seeing the reality the way it is and being practical.

Wld a person be comfortable going ahead and marrying someone who he knows is still deeply in love with someone else and that such a marriage will bring nothing but pain to both of them.

Maybe in this case jassi herself does not realize that she is still in love with Armaan but her actions/her behaviour certainly reflect the same. Should he help her come to terms with her feelings or should he ignore the same and carry on as if he does not know anything.

If he does that, there are a lot of people who wld say that he knew that she loved someone else but still was being selfish in love and not doing anything abt it !

Ironically, the very same people are also unhappy today when he is trying to rationalize the whole thing! i mean it is typically the case of u are damned if u do it and you are damned if u don't do it! For God's sake, he is not being nasty to her or throwing accusations at her etc. He is just trying to put things into perspective/rationalize everything !

And pleeeez ....what is this abt roaming the streets at night. Excuse me, but i work in the corporate sector and sometimes due to business exigencies/aggresive deadlines we do stay back and work till late hours. There are many of us who sometimes do drive back home late at night coz a business meet got stretched, client deadlines had to be met etc etc. This is pretty comman with working professionals ! And why just work, one cld be returning from a friend's place or a relatives place late at night. Why shld that be a problem ! It was not as if he was having fun with a girl or something, was he ?

Also, interestingly, had he not reacted to the situation, he wld have been scorned, called a 'Saint', an 'unrealistic character' etc and now that he has reacted he is being damned and called a chauvnist !!

Edited by yashika - 03 November 2004 at 9:46am

Go to top