Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anitha thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Originally posted by: stpra

Trust is a funny thing. I trust my husband not to cheat on me. But if I see him with some girl and he does not tell me and avoids the whole topic....its bound to create conflict in MY mind. The fight between the heart and the head is too complex. I would be very unhappy that someone I love is doing somethign behind my back...unintentinally maybe from the otehr person's viewpoint. But its bound to create tensions.

This is precisely why OPEN COMMUNICATIONS in a relationship is so vital. So what if Purab is trying to avoid Armaan topic....I think Jassi (if she is as intelligent as she is suppossed to be) should lay all the cards on the table and spell it out. BUT the problem is she herself is NOT CLEAR!!! Is it Armaan...or is it Purab...shez not sure herself. Hence this uneasiness has started. Its now creating conflict in Purab's mind too.

stpra thumbnail
Originally posted by: Anitha

Trust is a funny thing. I trust my husband not to cheat on me. But if I see him with some girl and he does not tell me and avoids the whole topic....its bound to create conflict in MY mind. The fight between the heart and the head is too complex. I would be very unhappy that someone I love is doing somethign behind my back...unintentinally maybe from the otehr person's viewpoint. But its bound to create tensions.

This is precisely why OPEN COMMUNICATIONS in a relationship is so vital. So what if Purab is trying to avoid Armaan topic....I think Jassi (if she is as intelligent as she is suppossed to be) should lay all the cards on the table and spell it out. BUT the problem is she herself is NOT CLEAR!!! Is it Armaan...or is it Purab...shez not sure herself. Hence this uneasiness has started. Its now creating conflict in Purab's mind too.

Anitha,

This is where we differ. You trust your husband, but your husband does not trust you. That is why he tries to avoid the topic. I'm not sure about your personal relationship but incase of Jassi, Jassi has complete trust in Purab. This is vindicated when she tells Armaan wants to meet her all alone. Also, she has gone to the extent that she is no afraid to admit that she bluttered Armaan's name instead of Purab as her love.

Purab, on the other hand infact says he trusts Jassi but has doubts about her.

Now what do you call those people who talk but don't walk their talk ? Aren't they supposed to be called hypocrite ?
ides thumbnail

but incase of Jassi, Jassi has complete trust in Purab. This is vindicated when she tells Armaan wants to meet her all alone. Also, she has gone to the extent that she is no afraid to admit that she bluttered Armaan's name instead of Purab as her love.

Jassi believes that Purab will FORGIVE her any transgression and that he will TOLERATE all she dishes out....she is never shown pondering how HER actions will affect him......considering that he will be her life partner very soon, this slip is taken as insensitivity.....Also, had Jassi really TRUSTED Purab, she would not have walked over Purab when he expressed his views abt Armaan.....as for the last part, Jassi is doing it to clear her conscience....to prove to herself that, inspite of what she said, she has no feelings for Armaan....and what better way to demonstrate it than to tell ur prospective bridegroom.....

Purab, on the other hand infact says he trusts Jassi but has doubts about her.

....Purab has doubts abt Jassi's FEELINGS for him/armaan and not abt what he saw.....lately Jassi's behavior has been contradicting her words.....it is natural that he, as the prospective groom, try to clear them up before they do something irrevocable such as marriage....Still inspite of what he saw, he is giving Jassi the benifit of doubt.....making excuses for her actions....seems to me that he still trusts her or the marriage thing would be out the window....
yashika thumbnail
How can purab be considered as unreasonable and a hypocite ?

All those saying this, first ignore your resentment for the character for the moment, put yourselves in his shoes and then react.

He had said that jassi's past did not concern him because he was given to believe that it did not concern HER anymore and that she had put it behind her. She was the one who brought up the mariage issue when he was perfectly ok with just being a friend to her. She was the one who tore the diary in his presence and said that she wished to move on !

When he felt that she still may have feelings for Armaan and they may not be doing the right thing by getting married, she again reassured him that there was no such thing and he took her word for it and let it go. Mind you he did not accuse her or unnecessarily badger her with uncomfortable questions, he did not ask her to stop meeting the guy or put any kind of pressure on her like a typical chauvinist pig wld do

But if the lady starts showing complete disregard for his feelings (the lunch episode when she left him standing high and dry at the entrance of the restaurant), starts taking him for granted, considers his calls to be un imporatant and bangs down the phone on him just coz her Armaan sir drops into her cabin, meets her armaan sir late in the night and that too on her pre engagement party day etc etc etc should he not even have the right to at least be concerned that she may still be very much in love with the guy and that they may not be doing the right thing by going ahead with the marriage.

It is not about not TRUSTING someone, it is abt seeing the reality the way it is and being practical.

Wld a person be comfortable going ahead and marrying someone who he knows is still deeply in love with someone else and that such a marriage will bring nothing but pain to both of them.

Maybe in this case jassi herself does not realize that she is still in love with Armaan but her actions/her behaviour certainly reflect the same. Should he help her come to terms with her feelings or should he ignore the same and carry on as if he does not know anything.

If he does that, there are a lot of people who wld say that he knew that she loved someone else but still was being selfish in love and not doing anything abt it !

Ironically, the very same people are also unhappy today when he is trying to rationalize the whole thing! i mean it is typically the case of u are damned if u do it and you are damned if u don't do it! For God's sake, he is not being nasty to her or throwing accusations at her etc. He is just trying to put things into perspective/rationalize everything !

And pleeeez ....what is this abt roaming the streets at night. Excuse me, but i work in the corporate sector and sometimes due to business exigencies/aggresive deadlines we do stay back and work till late hours. There are many of us who sometimes do drive back home late at night coz a business meet got stretched, client deadlines had to be met etc etc. This is pretty comman with working professionals ! And why just work, one cld be returning from a friend's place or a relatives place late at night. Why shld that be a problem ! It was not as if he was having fun with a girl or something, was he ?

Also, interestingly, had he not reacted to the situation, he wld have been scorned, called a 'Saint', an 'unrealistic character' etc and now that he has reacted he is being damned and called a chauvnist !!

Edited by yashika - 19 years ago
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: yashika

Also, interestingly, had he not reacted to the situation, he wld have been scorned, called a 'Saint', an 'unrealistic character' etc and now that he has reacted he is being damned and called a chauvnist !!

You forgot to add Yashika,we are also seriously considring the fact that he hid certain facets of his personality from Jassi & co to win her over 😆 .
yashika thumbnail
Originally posted by: Minnie

You forgot to add Yashika,we are also seriously considring the fact that he hid certain facets of his personality from Jassi & co to win her over 😆 .

😆 'seriously considering the fact.....' Minnie or is it.... 😆 HOPING desperately 😆 ........that toh we sure know 😉 ......and, god forbid, if something of that sort IS revealed (with T&D at the helm of affairs, wldn't really be surprised), you sure will have lot of fun telling us 'I TOLD U SO, DIDN'T I', nahin ? Well, good luck (to all of us). Let's see how much more torture still awaits us!
Edited by yashika - 19 years ago
stpra thumbnail

Originally posted by: yashika

😆 'seriously considering the fact.....' Minnie or is it.... 😆 HOPING desperately 😆 ........that toh we sure know 😉 ......and, god forbid, if something of that sort IS revealed (with T&D at the helm of affairs, wldn't really be surprised), you sure will have lot of fun telling us 'I TOLD U SO, DIDN'T I', nahin ? Well, good luck (to all of us). Let's see how much more torture still awaits us!

This is what happens when you get bowled over by a character. Obviously you love Purab's character and you are completely biased. I will not change your opinion neither can you can change mine. 

I have said it before. I used to like Purab's character up until now, where they have started showing some contradiction(Possibly the directors may be going nuts).  I'm not a fan of Armaan or anyone. I watch the serial for entertainment.

As long as you love a particular character and be fenetic about the character, we could spend our life time here arguing about if Purab is hypocrite or not.  You will never be able to think outside the box.

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: pj04

The reason I'm pointing out Purab was hypocrite is because, first he says he trusts Jassi then he goes and starts policing her ? R u kidding me ?

actually he ended up there by chance....he wasn't policing her.i think that he still thinks that jassi is not over armaan(he keeps asking jassi....she keeps denying it) so he is a little insecure. also i don't think it was the company that is making him doubt jassi but the odd time , day and location(how many people expect to see thier fiancee enjoying a cup of tea with her ex at 10 in night at roadside hawker while she was supposed to be hosting thier pre engagement party).so give him a break...he is only being human. when you say you trust someone does not imply that you will be blind to everything he says and does in the name of trust (the only exception is jassi who has this sort of blind faith on armaan)

armaan isnt her ex. and purab knows it!
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Purab was to be blamed for the brief agony he went thru. when jassi was speaking to him he shld have listened to her completely instead of butting in w/ a 'i trust u completely'(when he doesnt why show off?). complete trust should also mean trust her when she is alone w/ her so-called ex at ungodly hours in the night? basically purab is a bad listener. more a gadajne wala badal rather than a barasne wala one. 
Anitha thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Nice concise analysis Yashika. Loved it!!

stpra...I agree that ur point of view is also valid and acceptable. 😊