Crooner Farewells -- Part I - UPDATED - Page 20

Posted: 11 years ago
26 pages of lovely tributes for the lovely show...thanksss guysss...🤗
Priya, lovely Crooner as always. 👏 Am really sorry haven't posted any comment as yet as I am still getting over the end. Still can't believe that it actually ended. Don't want to put a closure to this epic love story yet, hence have not been able to formulate any words for a post, hope you understand. WIll wait for Part 2 and maybe then will be able to post something... But this Crooner was awesome!!
Priya:
Just speechless after reading your crooner...will just say this much...you wrote from your heart...an it touched mine.

always love how you write...especially about EVERYTHING IPK...my journey with IPK wouldn't have been what it was without your Crooner...I have said it many times...your understanding of the nuances of the IPK and writing lucidly about what you deciphered...always amazed me! if IPK was an awesome journey...your crooner made the journey more beautiful. Thanks for that.
Originally posted by GanBarunFan

res...

will update ...once I regroup...still numb😭

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-4LCF9BJx8[/YOUTUBE]

~Updated~

Though I reserved as I didnt want to miss out on sharing about my take on the journey of Arnav and Khushi, but somewhere something was amiss and I just couldn't...just couldn't. I'm never good with goodbyes...and so at a complete loss at what to say.

IPK has given me more than entertainment, introduced me to a lot of firsts and made me rediscover some little parts of me I forgot while being busy living my life. I learned to take time out for totally my own selfish reason without a pang of guilt and had no regrets doing so. And one of the perks has been discovering IF in general and my Crooner buddies in particular who made the  the roller coaster ride of emotion bearable by bearing through my rants, drooling, collages and encouraging me for every single word I dared to write. And that feeling will stay with me ...Hamesha.

Though IPk ending was a bit anticlimactic but nothing absolutely nothing can take away from the story it was, and always will be...a story of love triumphing against all odds, even against one's own self. And about two actors, who I was first introduced on a Thursday evening, last year in October, Barun and Sanaya weaved something for me I've never felt onscreen in any medium: palpable love. It's their chemistry that attracted me to this in the 1st place and till the last onscreen kiss, held my interest every single time they shared the same screen. It's for them I stuck through every single lame episode post remarriage. And whoever envisioned them as Arnav and Khushi, my hats off to them.

IPK, to me, was always about small moments, about small interactions which left a significant dent in our  cognizance in both conscious and subconscious level. And it's a collective work of everyone associated with the project from writers,creative team, musician, actors to the technicians whose individual talents merged together in the most perfect way possible to create this masterpiece. Thanks to every single person  dil se. Your amazing job turned me into a believer. Thank you!

I'm back to being Gandhari in AD,  but GanBarunfan will always be with me...and so will be my attachment to everything that came with the alias....because some things cannot be constrained by "The End".

Love you all...dammit!

my 1st episode:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LWD8tnG3Ro[/YOUTUBE]

...lets just say love at first time for me😳

oh your collages. beautiful and they made me want to dump words and learn how to play with pictures. 

hey ganbarunfan,
salaams from indi52. goodbyes are sometimes a bit impossible, despite what clever lines say. i am so glad you stepped out of ad and we bumped into each other looking dazed at the same pair of eyes. 

i have been missing all of you terribly along with those eyes. was just telling someone the other day there used to be a span of about 4 months when every day there would be a fabulous crooner and about 20 posts from the girls to read and get lost in. beat shakespeare hollow often. even harold robbins. in the way they touched a chord and got one's own inspiration, imagination, desire going. made one think and connect. isn't that what writing is ultimately supposed to do? other than logical factual knowledge of the physical world sharing stuff.

i have watched and felt jaw dropped as women got their story right. some things are more important than just the do do want want me me mine mine of ad. and they all went by what we were taught early in life: share the goodies with all. IF opened me to a world i never knew yet it felt familiar, as though i was waiting for it. a possibility realised.

please don't go completely back to ad. stay in touch with those parts reawakened. who knows it might not have all ended. little little things of ipk, these days i'm watching again and looking at just those.

take care. 😆

Beautiful Priya.My words fail me just even explaining your creativity.It has been smooth flashback of IPK with your crooner.hats off
Originally posted by indi52

oh your collages. beautiful and they made me want to dump words and learn how to play with pictures. 

hey ganbarunfan,
salaams from indi52. goodbyes are sometimes a bit impossible, despite what clever lines say. i am so glad you stepped out of ad and we bumped into each other looking dazed at the same pair of eyes. 

i have been missing all of you terribly along with those eyes. was just telling someone the other day there used to be a span of about 4 months when every day there would be a fabulous crooner and about 20 posts from the girls to read and get lost in. beat shakespeare hollow often. even harold robbins. in the way they touched a chord and got one's own inspiration, imagination, desire going. made one think and connect. isn't that what writing is ultimately supposed to do? other than logical factual knowledge of the physical world sharing stuff.

i have watched and felt jaw dropped as women got their story right. some things are more important than just the do do want want me me mine mine of ad. and they all went by what we were taught early in life: share the goodies with all. IF opened me to a world i never knew yet it felt familiar, as though i was waiting for it. a possibility realised.

please don't go completely back to ad. stay in touch with those parts reawakened. who knows it might not have all ended. little little things of ipk, these days i'm watching again and looking at just those.

take care. 😆

Indi...🤗 Ms Wordsmith...your words have their own magic you know that ..right? I also looked forward to those 20 some writings everyday ...early morning US time before AD's sunrise. It was fun wasn't it?

Yep IPK journey is continuing...full episodes nothing skipped...even Shyam I'm loving now-a-days...😆 today was Teej Arati...after work, with dinner...my Me time.

you take care too...

Edited by GanBarunFan - 11 years ago
gandhari,
indulging my intense wish to hear: won't mind agar tum mujhe apna pati maan lo, right in the middle of work. 😉. ad with inserts of skd, ki bolo. ha ha, snakewa might start getting too much love from me too soon. just now mamiji was horrible to payal and i thought: oh how cute. brainwa gone. 
so good to see you. chat soon. weekend crooner coming up. dhinka chika.
Edited by indi52 - 11 years ago
It was sometime in August 2011, I was in one of those bored moods when you deliberately watch the crappiest shows on TV and have a good time making fun of them. While switching channels there was a scene where a girl and a boy had fallen down in an office store room and staring into each other's eyes. I found it cute and watched it for a while but when both of them didn't seem to stop staring, I switched channels thinking "why are these serials so slow?"

5 months later, it was the first week of January, this time I came across a young man asking out a girl, it was New Year's eve and he wanted to tell her something. I thought the girl looked pretty, after all the nonsensical dramas I browsed through that day, that scene looked fresh and was very nicely done. I thought the two were the leads and made a nice couple, the scene left me smiling. 

Then there was an ad break and I moved on, when I came back to the serial (I didn't even notice which channel it was), the young man had called his "bhai" to come and help him, despite the waitcoast, the bhai, I thought looked too young to be someone's bhai ! 

A few minutes later, a queerly dressed girl came running into the room and it struck me that I had seen her somewhere, "hey it's that girl from MJHT" (I happened to catch a couple of episodes of that serial long back, that too was one show that didn't send me into a sarcastic mood !), then I watched as she began the count down for the New Year, with the bhai watching her from behind. The look in his eyes ! I could not forget that look and the scene the entire next day, it was the only thing that kept playing on my mind. I did not know the name of the show, the names of the characters or which channel it came on, I just only remembered that it was around 8.15 PM. 

I searched for the name of the show on the internet using different search terms, Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, the search results said and threw up a few 'Arnav-Khushi love scenes'. I picked a random scene. Bhai, now in a 3 piece suit was trying to kiss the girl, looking stunning in a red saree. After the scene ended, I was breathing heavily, this was something I had never seen even in films, forget television. 

I forgot, I was at work, I forgot I had something important to do. For the rest of the day, I watched and re-watched the scenes, scene after scene. The more I watched, the more I found myself getting drawn to the characters. I learnt the girl was called Khushi and bhai was ASR - Arnav Singh Raizada ! 

Over the next one week, I religiously read every written update to know the story, stopped whenever a scene between ASR and Khushi was mentioned and watched the video. I knew I was doing the silliest thing I could ever imagine myself doing but I loved the silliness. I told myself to stop it, I was watching a serial, it was the most ridiculous thing to do but no, once you set your eyes on IPKKND, you couldn't help yourself. The heart refused to listen to the mind ! 

On screen, it was the same battle of the mind and the heart. ASR and Khushi, fighting with their hearts and mind and from the battle, sparks flew every where, the sexual tension set the screen on fire, Rabba Ve added fuel to the fire. I knew I had lost it but had never been so happy losing my mind. 

She gave him the harshest lecture of his life as she handed over her resignation, he looked on stunned, he was angry but it looked like he wanted her go on, did I see a tinge of respect for her that she could stand up to him and look him in the eye?

"Aapka character hi deela hai", she shouted at him, "mein dikhata hoon, character deela kya hota hai", the husky voice said and he pulled her towards him, bursting with anger, burning with passion. How many of us wished it happened to us?

When a guest house collapsed, with it collapsed the fortress he had built around his heart. Unknown to her, she had locked up her feelings for him but the moment she saw him take another woman in his arms, albeit she was instrumental in it, a lone tear rebelled and burst out, unlocking her feelings and shocking both of them.

He announced his engagement, taunted her to open up her feelings, while hiding his own and he hurt her because she wasn't willing to admit that she too like him had given in. She announced that she was somebody else's, after a long time he shouted out one word "Khushi", one word that had so many questions packed in it, he had taken her for granted, she was supposed to be only his. They gave it back to each other and said "faraq nahi padta".

She couldn't stand the Laad Governor but he continued to be the only one on her mind. She danced making fun of him but it only showed how much she always thought of him. He said he just helped her with her dance and it was no big deal, probably, even the two of them didn't know the deep conversation of love exchanged between their souls as they danced to a song that aptly described their love. 

He flirted, she blushed, they came close to finally saying what needed to be said aloud but there were other plans in store for them. Hatred, betrayal, frustration, broken hearts were the witnesses for their wedding, the more they said they hated each other, the more they fell in love, the more they grew to trust each other, their heart beats became one until they finally could even hear each other across the distance.

He bent down tenderly to pull out a broken piece of bangle from her wrist, giving her the sexiest look ever and pulling out the piece with his lips and looking up again with the glass piece still in his lips. There was a raw animal like passion, there was unfathomable honest love, admiration, a smirk, there was style, there was confidence, pain that hurt deep within - Arnav Singh Raizada was all that and much more. 

"Bol diya" she boomed and dumped the resignation letter in his hand, she didn't care who stood before her, she was standing up for herself, for what she believed in - she was Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada, fiery, sanki, upright, beautiful, spreading happiness, who needed a twisted jalebi to straighten out her mind and Devi Mayya's best friend. 

The two of them together with the toffee se meethi Anjali Di, the soft spoken Akash, the blushing Payal, the ever conspiring, bumbling villian Shyamji, the wise and loving Naniji, craziest and most adorable Mamiji, the super cool NK, witty Mamaji, the stylish yet a woman of grace, Lavanya, the roly poly, loud but cute Buaji, the affectionate, ideal parents Garima and Babuji, Lakshmiji, Prakash Brothers - thanks to all of them, those 30 minutes of SKD seemed so much better than the 23 hours of AD.

One fine day, they decided they had enough of the world and with the whole family looking on with love, he held his smiling beam of happiness in his arms, she drowned in those deeper-than-the ocean eyes and together they walked away from the ajeeb duniya. 

Don't know what I began about and what I ended up writing, my ramblings aside - Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon - never before and never again. 

Edited by hd75 - 11 years ago
Originally posted by hd75

It was sometime in August 2011, I was in one of those bored moods when you deliberately watch the crappiest shows on TV and have a good time making fun of them. While switching channels there was a scene where a girl and a boy had fallen down in an office store room and staring into each other's eyes. I found it cute and watched it for a while but when both of them didn't seem to stop staring, I switched channels thinking "why are these serials so slow?"

5 months later, it was the first week of January, this time I came across a young man asking out a girl, it was New Year's eve and he wanted to tell her something. I thought the girl looked pretty, after all the nonsensical dramas I browsed through that day, that scene looked fresh and was very nicely done. I thought the two were the leads and made a nice couple, the scene left me smiling. 

Then there was an ad break and I moved on, when I came back to the serial (I didn't even notice which channel it was), the young man had called his "bhai" to come and help him, despite the waitcoast, the bhai, I thought looked too young to be someone's bhai ! 

A few minutes later, a queerly dressed girl came running into the room and it struck me that I had seen her somewhere, "hey it's that girl from MJHT" (I happened to catch a couple of episodes of that serial long back, that too was one show that didn't send me into a sarcastic mood !), then I watched as she began the count down for the New Year, with the bhai watching her from behind. The look in his eyes ! I could not forget that look and the scene the entire next day, it was the only thing that kept playing on my mind. I did not know the name of the show, the names of the characters or which channel it came on, I just only remembered that it was around 8.15 PM. 

I searched for the name of the show on the internet using different search terms, Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, the search results said and threw up a few 'Arnav-Khushi love scenes'. I picked a random scene. Bhai, now in a 3 piece suit was trying to kiss the girl, looking stunning in a red saree. After the scene ended, I was breathing heavily, this was something I had never seen even in films, forget television. 

I forgot, I was at work, I forgot I had something important to do. For the rest of the day, I watched and re-watched the scenes, scene after scene. The more I watched, the more I found myself getting drawn to the characters. I learnt the girl was called Khushi and bhai was ASR - Arnav Singh Raizada ! 

Over the next one week, I religiously read every written update to know the story, stopped whenever a scene between ASR and Khushi was mentioned and watched the video. I knew I was doing the silliest thing I could ever imagine myself doing but I loved the silliness. I told myself to stop it, I was watching a serial, it was the most ridiculous thing to do but no, once you set your eyes on IPKKND, you couldn't help yourself. The heart refused to listen to the mind ! 

On screen, it was the same battle of the mind and the heart. ASR and Khushi, fighting with their hearts and mind and from the battle, sparks flew every where, the sexual tension set the screen on fire, Rabba Ve added fuel to the fire. I knew I had lost it but had never been so happy losing my mind. 

She gave him the harshest lecture of his life as she handed over her resignation, he looked on stunned, he was angry but it looked like he wanted her go on, did I see a tinge of respect for her that she could stand up to him and look him in the eye?

"Aapka character hi deela hai", she shouted at him, "mein dikhata hoon, character deela kya hota hai", the husky voice said and he pulled her towards him, bursting with anger, burning with passion. How many of us wished it happened to us?

When a guest house collapsed, with it collapsed the fortress he had built around his heart. Unknown to her, she had locked up her feelings for him but the moment she saw him take another woman in his arms, albeit she was instrumental in it, a lone tear rebelled and burst out, unlocking her feelings and shocking both of them.

He announced his engagement, taunted her to open up her feelings, while hiding his own and he hurt her because she wasn't willing to admit that she too like him had given in. She announced that she was somebody else's, after a long time he shouted out one word "Khushi", one word that had so many questions packed in it, he had taken her for granted, she was supposed to be only his. They gave it back to each other and said "faraq nahi padta".

She couldn't stand the Laad Governor but he continued to be the only one on her mind. She danced making fun of him but it only showed how much she always thought of him. He said he just helped her with her dance and it was no big deal, probably, even the two of them didn't know the deep conversation of love exchanged between their souls as they danced to a song that aptly described their love. 

He flirted, she blushed, they came close to finally saying what needed to be said aloud but there were other plans in store for them. Hatred, betrayal, frustration, broken hearts were the witnesses for their wedding, the more they said they hated each other, the more they fell in love, the more they grew to trust each other, their heart beats became one until they finally could even hear each other across the distance.

He bent down tenderly to pull out a broken piece of bangle from her wrist, giving her the sexiest look ever and pulling out the piece with his lips and looking up again with the glass piece still in his lips. There was a raw animal like passion, there was unfathomable honest love, admiration, a smirk, there was style, there was confidence, pain that hurt deep within - Arnav Singh Raizada was all that and much more. 

"Bol diya" she boomed and dumped the resignation letter in his hand, she didn't care who she stood before him, she was standing up for herself, for what she believed in - she was Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada, fiery, sanki, upright, beautiful, spreading happiness, who needed a twisted jalebi to straighten out her mind and Devi Mayya's best friend. 

The two of them together with the toffee se meethi Anjali Di, the soft spoken Akash, the blushing Payal, the ever conspiring, bumbling villian Shyamji, the wise and loving Naniji, craziest and most adorable Mamiji, the super cool NK, witty Mamaji, the stylish yet a woman of grace, Lavanya, the roly poly, loud but cute Buaji, the affectionate, ideal parents Garima and Babuji, Lakshmiji, Prakash Brothers - thanks to all of them, those 30 minutes of SKD seemed so much better than the 23 hours of AD.

One fine day, they decided they had enough of the world and with the whole family looking on with love, he held his smiling beam of happiness in his arms, she drowned in those deeper-than-the ocean eyes and together they walked away from the ajeeb duniya. 

Don't know what I began about and what I ended up writing, my ramblings aside - Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon - never before and never again. 

😊 Interesting story my friend...and you reminded me few of my favorite moments of IPK... New year eve...frankly I didnt like fillers there...was desperately waiting for leads to come onscreen...and then they came...eyelocks...and a beautiful conversation...I remember it as that did had some amazing dialogues and man delivered it with so pain and anguish...

"nakli chand aur taare lagane  se yeh duniya khoobsurat nahin ho jaati,
yeh duniya aaj bhi utni hi pathar dil hain jitni hamesha se thi"