Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Arnav aur Khushi hamesha... Forever!
Nothing else matters right now 😊

Bookmarking 😊
shubz1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thank you Priya for the farewell Crooner!! 

The journey of the past one year (for me, last Nov is when I started on IPK and IF) has been filled with beautiful memories..  The story may have finished today.. but the memories associated with it - I shall cherish forever...  There were high and low points, great moments of love, hate, nok-jok..  There was intensity on screen, whether it was a kiss or a conflict.  Barun and Sanya brought the screen alive... Barun & Sanaya will live in my heart as Arnav and Khushi - the star crossed couple who finally found their love..

The support cast brought the spice and the comedy.. - Mamiji - HHBB, Kidney.. how can I forget it.. 
Lavanya's  - Vanvas kya hai.. Arnav wala dhal...  Laxmiji - an unique pet.. Anjali-Arnav relationship.. Payal-Akash's quiet romance.. the beautiful background music.. The Prakashes.. Shyam with all the negativitiy.. What a package it was..   And to spice it up the analysis, the discussions, and the forum was so live...  A beautiful journey and memory indeed.. 

I always remember you as a person who wanted to keep the forum calm.. Even when there were parties divided, you always tried to bring peace.. Thanks for the logic series as well..  I applaud you for that.. 

I have been active in the crooner's only lately, and enjoyed every bit of it..   Thank you dear..  Will look forward to the Part || as well..   Cheers.. 

Edited by shu_cal - 11 years ago
nonie3081 thumbnail
And the journey continues ...

Beautiful story that brought tears , laughter , anger, romance, happiness , and every emotion I can imagine . It was an epic story that ended today .

A wonderful VM Priya . It captures all the memories that made this show so special.

Newbiesoapfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Sweet, so would I,
Yet I should kill thee with much cherishing.
Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow,
That I shall say good night till it be morrow.

So it is not good bye ... but till we meet again !! 
Goodbye IPK ! Sayanora Priya !! Hope to met you in AD!
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

😳Hey Priya and all crooner buddies..😊

As expected I knew you will make me emotional and what a beautiful journey that you summarised in such beautiful lines..Incidently I recalled all your memorable crooners that made me fall in love with this amazing story..whether it was first crooner update that I read...I guess it was Crooner 50..you had written about a beautiful scene between arnav and anjali when arnav looks at mirror and anjali shows a photo frame to him...that was my start of journey with you.. Ocean with pearl ...Glasshouse boy ..beauty and beast ..you took me through this by all these amazing narrations..yes it was magic on screen and people fell in love just a little more than anticipated..Thank you Priya for making this journey even more beautiful..πŸ€—and also thanks to all amazing writers that I read here...πŸ€—
Now with my journey and association with show and especially with ASR.. yes a fictional character which connected to my heart like never before and I dont think I will ever let this madness happen again too..πŸ˜†..but fact was yes ASR hooked me to show..firstly because I saw myself in him..yes it was rude and arrogant ASR that I related too -not that I will shout unreasonably or be cynical to that extent but very real qualities in him that I thought I have too and that doesnt make me that bad ..- anger and impulsiveness..and anger not because he was not justified..but because he was justified and in that anger we do hurt our loved ones ..but more than that what related me to this man was Guilt of hurting someone close to your heart by that anger....that guilt I always saw in his eyes...and that man was really talented enough to bring alive the pain in his eyes...
If ASR was me then arnav was something that I wanted to be with ... My friend asked me on friday why are you so obsessed with ASR and they were making fun of it...I told her that there was a void in my life...as I dont have any my  love story till now so yes for a moment that man on my screen took me away from that reality ..
Arnav was always the man I wished to have for me ...and may be not all  qualities I wish someday I will meet my prince like khushi met her arnav jee...
I am short of time but I have to tell other things too and yes I have to write about khushi too...😳...

will be back shortly
Edited by riti4u - 11 years ago
Dazee thumbnail
Thank you Priya, the VM is awesome. 

and the Arundhati Roy quote is so apt (yet again, like all your others!)

Thank you for this final Crooner - Waiting for your update...

Poignant end today to an epic journey...sad, day, but also so much to cherish.

IPK would never be what it was without the two leads (and of course other things). These two elevated it to a whole new level. for that I'll be forever grateful.

And grateful also that we ended with their love story intact.

thank you, the powers that be, for these small mercies...
Edited by Dazee - 11 years ago
MistyDawn thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: mashira

Thank you Priya. It has been a great journey with IPK as much as with Crooner. Wonderful insights, analyses and much giggling and fun. Really looking forward to the update. Meanwhile, I want to share some of my best memories of IPK. Aaj bas maaf kardo sab... have to spew out everything. πŸ€—

Some of my best memories

These were difficult to choose.. there were so many but I disciplined myself (well, almost) to two per section. So here goes.

Most Romantic Scenes

1. Indulge me, but more than the actual Diwali episode, for me the most romantic moment is when Arnav first spots Khushi amidst the diyas and walks towards her entranced. His eyes reflect desire, a sense of pride almost at his choice, pure admiration and unadulterated love, all together. One of Barun's best ever scenes, I feel.

2. Indulge me again, the dargah scene when her pristine white dupatta caresses his face and he  turns and searches for its owner, almost longingly. I could smell her perfume there almost, just like I know he did. For me she would smell something lemony and something of lily of the valley..sharp but not overpowering. 

Most sensuous scenes

1. The first would have to be the gentle pressure of his brown fingers on her pretty fair feet after the sprain is taken care of and she is about to lift her feet from his thigh.

2. The second is after the water fight in the office. She turns towards him in anger and her wet lustrous hair hits him square on his face and his heart stops for a microsecond inspite of his anger
(mine did too) and you can clearly see desire flash in his eyes in that instant.

3. Oh damn. I have to have a third. It has to be, has to be, 'Hogaya' after bending down in such sexy slow motion, stopping to see her reaction and prising out the bangle piece from her wrist. Whew.

4. And a fourth. The Haldi rub. One of the best screenplay writing efforts I have come across. The scene effortlessly manages to showcase breathless intimacy and passion with the leads barely touching each other, forget kissing.

Most Powerful scenes

1. Surefire first. The 'I hate you' scene by the poolside. The angst, anguish, the passion in both their eyes when they say hate, the heaviness of their hearts raw in their eyes... I am tempted to label this the best ever scene of IPK...it defines everything about the story. Nafrat paas aane na de.. mohabbat door jane na de.

2. After Arnav discovers Khushi and Shyam on the terrace.. he walks like a zombie to his room, wrenches off his waistcoat and sits numb on the edge of his bed...his eyes bloodshot, his hands trembling but covering his face, the horror of his situation, palpable. I thought this was even more powerful than the actual breakdown scene.

3. The kidnap I love you. I may be in a minority here.. but I loved the entire kidnapping track and the intensity it brought to the love story. His I love you on phone, almost physically pulled out of him...his recognising that she was crying and gruffly asking her to stop doing so... while she was barely breathing into the phone -- classic stuff.

Most Funny Scenes

1. 'Din bhar khelte rehte hain' to Om Prakash followed by Arnav's befuddled 'ajeeb ho tum'. I laughed my guts out. That entire episode actually.

2. The heartbeat test.. has something like this ever been attempted by any heroine? Nope. neither in movies nor on television.

3. Oh well. One more. The Dadi-Mami-NK confrontation in the hilarious episode of bed breaking.
Priceless.

I found the entire ASR flirting track during Payash wedding romantic, sensuous and funny. So no classification there. All the scenes in that track are special, very special.

IPK Quirks

1. Of course, the mysterious poolside. Where was it actually located? How was it that it could be seen from the living room and yet whenever Khushi and Arnav had their intense moments, nobody could see them? How was it that Arnav's room was reached by stairs and yet the pool belonged to his room? Did Anjali have a separate pool or she shared it with Arnav? You get the drift. The magical poolside.

2. ASR's closet or Moody's magical trunk. Err umm.. only one closet. He apparently kept everything there including his two and a half suits, one and a half fake Hermes shoes, Singhania's file (ok, ok it got lost but it was there before alright?), his will (hellow!), extra bedcovers, maa's kangan and presumably also his assorted Khushi souvenir collection -- pearls, pom-poms, torn dupatta ends and what not.  And then to top this,  Khushi also kept all her stuff there including  her mojris and chameli ka tel. And it still had space for her to sit inside and mull about Sheetal. Go, figure.

3. Everything in mami's room in one episode was polka-dotted. Her nightdress, the pillow covers, heck even the curtains. And in Akash's room, the dominant colour was lurid pink. Freudian much?

4. The super-efficient invisible robot called Aman. Am I glad we never saw him! Am sure his family didn't ever either.

5. The mystery of the full plate of almonds and two pickle jars that were a constant in Nani's room.

6. The Prakash brothers. Enough said.

IPK-isms and favourite one-liners.

Oh they have got into my own lexicon.

Adding a 'wa' for everybody and everything, even though often it is only in my own mind.

Keeping track of real-life Rabba Ves.. ;)

Enough!!

Aap bhi na!

Thoda dard hoga

Hogaya

Lagi Shart (the sexiest challenge ever)

Ab theek hain

Main nahi jaanta tha ki tum mujhe itney kareeb se observe karte ho.

Last mein kya tha (roll the tongue ladies!) followed by Let's start backwards (now roll the R)

Tum theek ho? It always sounded like I love you to me. And it was always a question and an answer both. Sigh.

And all IPK's vintage unfinished dialogues...

Khushi, tum...

Khushi, main..

Shhh..

Farak padtha hain kyunki...

Of course Farak padtha hain dammit kyunki main...

Aap he aise chale jayenge toh meri saansey hi ruk...

and of course, the ultimate unfinished line

What the!

Thank Yous

Waise, thank you to the entire cast.. especially mami, Nani and Buaji.. nuanced memorable role-playing. But my special thanks to these four.

Barun Sobti. For embodying everything that I had grown up imagining about Mills and Boon Heroes. Not just tall, dark and handsome but also smirky, sexy, furious, witty, snarky. You played everything fantastically Barun. You played ASR with aplomb and you were adorable as Arnav. I have discussed, thrashed, analysed and observed your every frown, every lift of the eyebrow, every kind of half-smirk; every sinew in your strong forearms. I have celebrated when you have laughed; I have cried when you have and I have had unshed tears when you didn't shed them. You have made it impossible for me to conjure up another face whenever I read any M&B now...which of course, you made me read again. Thank you.

Sanaya Irani. I truly believe there couldn't have been another Khushi. It was a stroke of genius to get you to play her.. you brought to life the child-woman who is as much a pillar of this story as ASR is. ASR wouldn't have been so iconic a character if you hadn't played Khushi with such sincerity and dedication. I loved your comic timing, I loved your sankapan and I 'farak' your tears. You were just the perfect foil for ASR.. without you, it wouldn't have been the same. Thank you.

Raju Singh. There is never ever a love story that tugs at the heart without apt music. Arnav and Khushi wouldn't be Arshi without Rabba Ve. And there would be no Rabba Ve without your genius. Our unsung hero, I wish I could hug you for giving us Rabba Ve, for the title song that makes me want to sing it to Arnav --tujhko dekh kar ankhen muskurane lagte hain...for the rousing, triumphant ASR bg and of course, for Daiyya Ho. How many villains can boast of a bg tune that is as enticing as the hero's.  It is perhaps a rarity that background music has been brought so much to the foreground... precisely because it deserves to be. Take a bow.

And finally,

The hardworking extra who doubled up as err... everything. Driver, worker in office, random walking guy near Gupta House, random guy eating noodles in Italian restaurant, random guy walking by when Khushi is out kidnapper-hunting, courier boy, random clapper for sangeet and assorted functions at RM. And Khushi's body double who too did all the above AND served as a body double. And was one of the contestants in Mrs India. And was one of the mothers during Aarav's drum contest. And got bashed and envied often for just doing her job. So thank you!

While reading your post..I dint even realise when my T-shirt got drenched in tears... Thank you for writing so baeutifully..I wish I could show this love , this connect that we audiences feel with the show, to the actors, to Barun and Sanaya and the whole team of IPK.. If we are lucky to have witnessed IPK , then they are lucky too to have such an aprreciative audience.. *hugs* :)
Arnav_Khushifan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: mashira

Thank you Priya. It has been a great journey with IPK as much as with Crooner. Wonderful insights, analyses and much giggling and fun. Really looking forward to the update. Meanwhile, I want to share some of my best memories of IPK. Aaj bas maaf kardo sab... have to spew out everything. πŸ€—

Some of my best memories

These were difficult to choose.. there were so many but I disciplined myself (well, almost) to two per section. So here goes.

Most Romantic Scenes

1. Indulge me, but more than the actual Diwali episode, for me the most romantic moment is when Arnav first spots Khushi amidst the diyas and walks towards her entranced. His eyes reflect desire, a sense of pride almost at his choice, pure admiration and unadulterated love, all together. One of Barun's best ever scenes, I feel.

2. Indulge me again, the dargah scene when her pristine white dupatta caresses his face and he  turns and searches for its owner, almost longingly. I could smell her perfume there almost, just like I know he did. For me she would smell something lemony and something of lily of the valley..sharp but not overpowering. 

Most sensuous scenes

1. The first would have to be the gentle pressure of his brown fingers on her pretty fair feet after the sprain is taken care of and she is about to lift her feet from his thigh.

2. The second is after the water fight in the office. She turns towards him in anger and her wet lustrous hair hits him square on his face and his heart stops for a microsecond inspite of his anger
(mine did too) and you can clearly see desire flash in his eyes in that instant.

3. Oh damn. I have to have a third. It has to be, has to be, 'Hogaya' after bending down in such sexy slow motion, stopping to see her reaction and prising out the bangle piece from her wrist. Whew.

4. And a fourth. The Haldi rub. One of the best screenplay writing efforts I have come across. The scene effortlessly manages to showcase breathless intimacy and passion with the leads barely touching each other, forget kissing.

Most Powerful scenes

1. Surefire first. The 'I hate you' scene by the poolside. The angst, anguish, the passion in both their eyes when they say hate, the heaviness of their hearts raw in their eyes... I am tempted to label this the best ever scene of IPK...it defines everything about the story. Nafrat paas aane na de.. mohabbat door jane na de.

2. After Arnav discovers Khushi and Shyam on the terrace.. he walks like a zombie to his room, wrenches off his waistcoat and sits numb on the edge of his bed...his eyes bloodshot, his hands trembling but covering his face, the horror of his situation, palpable. I thought this was even more powerful than the actual breakdown scene.

3. The kidnap I love you. I may be in a minority here.. but I loved the entire kidnapping track and the intensity it brought to the love story. His I love you on phone, almost physically pulled out of him...his recognising that she was crying and gruffly asking her to stop doing so... while she was barely breathing into the phone -- classic stuff.

Most Funny Scenes

1. 'Din bhar khelte rehte hain' to Om Prakash followed by Arnav's befuddled 'ajeeb ho tum'. I laughed my guts out. That entire episode actually.

2. The heartbeat test.. has something like this ever been attempted by any heroine? Nope. neither in movies nor on television.

3. Oh well. One more. The Dadi-Mami-NK confrontation in the hilarious episode of bed breaking.
Priceless.

I found the entire ASR flirting track during Payash wedding romantic, sensuous and funny. So no classification there. All the scenes in that track are special, very special.

IPK Quirks

1. Of course, the mysterious poolside. Where was it actually located? How was it that it could be seen from the living room and yet whenever Khushi and Arnav had their intense moments, nobody could see them? How was it that Arnav's room was reached by stairs and yet the pool belonged to his room? Did Anjali have a separate pool or she shared it with Arnav? You get the drift. The magical poolside.

2. ASR's closet or Moody's magical trunk. Err umm.. only one closet. He apparently kept everything there including his two and a half suits, one and a half fake Hermes shoes, Singhania's file (ok, ok it got lost but it was there before alright?), his will (hellow!), extra bedcovers, maa's kangan and presumably also his assorted Khushi souvenir collection -- pearls, pom-poms, torn dupatta ends and what not.  And then to top this,  Khushi also kept all her stuff there including  her mojris and chameli ka tel. And it still had space for her to sit inside and mull about Sheetal. Go, figure.

3. Everything in mami's room in one episode was polka-dotted. Her nightdress, the pillow covers, heck even the curtains. And in Akash's room, the dominant colour was lurid pink. Freudian much?

4. The super-efficient invisible robot called Aman. Am I glad we never saw him! Am sure his family didn't ever either.

5. The mystery of the full plate of almonds and two pickle jars that were a constant in Nani's room.

6. The Prakash brothers. Enough said.

IPK-isms and favourite one-liners.

Oh they have got into my own lexicon.

Adding a 'wa' for everybody and everything, even though often it is only in my own mind.

Keeping track of real-life Rabba Ves.. ;)

Enough!!

Aap bhi na!

Thoda dard hoga

Hogaya

Lagi Shart (the sexiest challenge ever)

Ab theek hain

Main nahi jaanta tha ki tum mujhe itney kareeb se observe karte ho.

Last mein kya tha (roll the tongue ladies!) followed by Let's start backwards (now roll the R)

Tum theek ho? It always sounded like I love you to me. And it was always a question and an answer both. Sigh.

And all IPK's vintage unfinished dialogues...

Khushi, tum...

Khushi, main..

Shhh..

Farak padtha hain kyunki...

Of course Farak padtha hain dammit kyunki main...

Aap he aise chale jayenge toh meri saansey hi ruk...

and of course, the ultimate unfinished line

What the!

Thank Yous

Waise, thank you to the entire cast.. especially mami, Nani and Buaji.. nuanced memorable role-playing. But my special thanks to these four.

Barun Sobti. For embodying everything that I had grown up imagining about Mills and Boon Heroes. Not just tall, dark and handsome but also smirky, sexy, furious, witty, snarky. You played everything fantastically Barun. You played ASR with aplomb and you were adorable as Arnav. I have discussed, thrashed, analysed and observed your every frown, every lift of the eyebrow, every kind of half-smirk; every sinew in your strong forearms. I have celebrated when you have laughed; I have cried when you have and I have had unshed tears when you didn't shed them. You have made it impossible for me to conjure up another face whenever I read any M&B now...which of course, you made me read again. Thank you.

Sanaya Irani. I truly believe there couldn't have been another Khushi. It was a stroke of genius to get you to play her.. you brought to life the child-woman who is as much a pillar of this story as ASR is. ASR wouldn't have been so iconic a character if you hadn't played Khushi with such sincerity and dedication. I loved your comic timing, I loved your sankapan and I 'farak' your tears. You were just the perfect foil for ASR.. without you, it wouldn't have been the same. Thank you.

Raju Singh. There is never ever a love story that tugs at the heart without apt music. Arnav and Khushi wouldn't be Arshi without Rabba Ve. And there would be no Rabba Ve without your genius. Our unsung hero, I wish I could hug you for giving us Rabba Ve, for the title song that makes me want to sing it to Arnav --tujhko dekh kar ankhen muskurane lagte hain...for the rousing, triumphant ASR bg and of course, for Daiyya Ho. How many villains can boast of a bg tune that is as enticing as the hero's.  It is perhaps a rarity that background music has been brought so much to the foreground... precisely because it deserves to be. Take a bow.

And finally,

The hardworking extra who doubled up as err... everything. Driver, worker in office, random walking guy near Gupta House, random guy eating noodles in Italian restaurant, random guy walking by when Khushi is out kidnapper-hunting, courier boy, random clapper for sangeet and assorted functions at RM. And Khushi's body double who too did all the above AND served as a body double. And was one of the contestants in Mrs India. And was one of the mothers during Aarav's drum contest. And got bashed and envied often for just doing her job. So thank you!

Hi ,

What a beautiful post.  I just love your post.  I have been really strong about not crying today but your post brought back all of the wonderful memories of this show that I cherish and I finally cried.  I know that everything good has to end one day but I don't know why but  I was hoping that our show would have lasted a little longer. From the first episode to the last one today I have enjoyed every single episode.  It has been a beautiful journey with our IPKKND and the wonderful Crooner.   

Rashmi
Arnav_Khushifan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Thank you Priya.  I have really loved every single episode of IPKKND and reading every single crooner.  I have bookmarked all of your crooners and I know when I am feeling down or missing the show i am going to go and read them.  Once again thank you so much for the crooner and for sharing it with all of us.  I am not much of a writer but if I can pen something down then i would like to come back later and write something about our show.  I am sad that it ended but am glad that ArShi got there happy ending.  Arnav and Khushi are going to live in our hearts Happily everafter!!!!!!