thala thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
this is an interview of gia manek our chotasa pyarasa sardar
http://www.desi**fo***.net/forum/jeannie-aur-juju/230736-candid-conversation-giaa-maanek.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

thala thumbnail
Giaa Maanek is very excited to play a genie in the upcoming SAB TV show Jeannie Aur Juju.

"She is very beautiful and takes you to a different make-belief word with her magic," she describes of her character.

What made you say yes to this project? "It is very important to play a character which excites me. While other actors' tom tom that their characters are unique, I really have achieved that status being the first person to essay a genie on desi TV. To get into the role, I watched I Dream of Jeannie on which this show is based," Giaa says.

Elaborating further on her role, Giaa avers, "Jinni and me are very similar, we are both very naughty and full of positive energy." But tell us as to how did you land this role? "I am extremely thankful to SAB TV for giving me a comic role. After playing a sweet bahu like Gopi, I thought that I would get to play similar roles but the channel had confidence in me that I could pull of off comedy as well," the actress observes.

Taking a quick glance down her short career, Giaa reminices, "I have been very lucky to have tgot the best work from all the channels I have worked with. After Tulsi Virani, I feel Gopi is most popular TV bahu (Saath Nibhana Saathiya on Star Plus). Then came Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5 which is the number one dance reality show. And now SAB TV, which as we all know is the most popular comedy channel in the universe."

Ask her about her recently ended Jhalak journey and Giaa feels that she should have not been eliminated. "The other contestants in the bottom four that day were ranked lower than me. I don't know why I was eliminated but always believe that boss (here Colors) is always right." She further feels that had the show only had non-dancers, it would have been fairer. "What would take us eight hours to master, trained dancers could do it in four hours. But all said and done, I have now become a much better dancer then when I entered I learnt ten dance forms. I have also shed ten kilos and have got an hour glass figure. Now, when I go out on the streets, apart from men, even the women check me out as well."

Ending our talk, we asked Giaa that if she really had the powers akin to a genie, what she would do. "I would try to help people who are in trouble. Educating the vast masses of poor Indians would also figure high on my to-do list and last but not the least, I would try to find myself a faithful husband."
Arnisha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
thanx di loved the post...
avnirao thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanks,.dee,.gia is so sweet,.
navyab thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Now it makes so much sense on why she chose the serial...everyone said she did not have any & that's why she took up a role in SAB...but she has done her ground work & picked a good role πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰
thala thumbnail

but i think she is doing a brilliant job as jeanie
Arnisha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ramasuresh78

but i think she is doing a brilliant job as jeanie

yes di shes doing a fab job n love her a jeannie shes so bubbly n has  great expression giaa  rocks as jeannie.
thala thumbnail
so many expressions really fantastic scope for gia as jeanie
navyab thumbnail
Both are an exact match for Jeanie & Juju πŸ˜›
navyab thumbnail

Originally posted by: ramasuresh78