Dear Sweety, Grow up. (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 11

BubblyR

Viewbie

BubblyR

Posted: 30 November 2012 at 2:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by prerna4rishav

@ Ridzii hun Embarrassed Seems u and I are the only ones who are fan of her style CoolLOL

And agree about sympathizing with Sweety's hurt feelings.. I remember even when Lucky told Sweety to get out of his house there was nt much people feeling sad for her.. Disapprove Bechari my Sweety ji..

U can come to me Sweety ji I will take care of you Hug

LOL Because i strongly believe what she is doing has no bad motives and is really right.

Yesh, no one wanted to make such a topic or comment sympathizing over Sweety

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

prerna4rishavZari_Khan

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Dear Sweety, Grow up. (Page 3)" in Nayi Umr Nayi Chunauti - Parvarrish - Agla Padav forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

prerna4rishav

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 30 November 2012 at 2:04am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 30 November 2012 at 2:04am | IP Logged

I strongly beg to differ ..

I can actually compare my parents, specially Mom with Sweety ji.. And I find Sweety ji MUCH more liberal than what my mom is..

Me too. My mom is ditto Sweety!

Rocky is allowed to use an ipod.. I was allowed to buy a china model of mp3 player when I was in 3rd yr college.. He has got pocket money from eleventh standard which was like our DREAM.. In college, I, along with all my other friends, had to EARN our pocket money through tuitions.. They have outside food permissions and all like twice a month.. We had it in our family twice a YEAR ! I dont see Sweety nagging Rocky much in holidays after board examz.. We had to attend our tuitions and start our studies for Class XI within a week of 10th board ! 

Again, you are making the same mistake as Sweety. Money doesn't figure in coolness. If the parents can't afford all the rich gadgets, that doesn't mean they are not cool. I too got my phone after 10th. And yes, I have passed 12th and I too don't get pocket money. What's the point? We are not talking about money here, we are talking about the behavior of Sweety towards kids.

I wont say that whatever my parents did were correct and everyone should follow that.. But definitely I dont think my parents need to GROW up ! Thanks to them, today I am in an OK position to support myself in a big city.. And I am sure abt my sister too ! 

Actually, the growing part was directed at the childish games Sweety is playing to teach her family a lesson. As to strict parents, i advise them to loosen up, the same advice I used to give to old Sweety.

Mothers like Sweeties exist in HUGE numbers at least in Bengal.. Here parents are really serious abt their kids' lives n all.. Yeah it might seem extreme in many cases, but I have seen the outcome of the kids whose parents were SO COOL in terms of controlling them.. They can easily be called spoilt brats who neither know the value of money or time or hard work.. 

Actually it's the story of whole India. My mother is like that too. So, what's the result? Are there no spoilt kids in India? Nope, the truth is far from it.

The risk of becoming a spoilt brat is less when mothers are not so cool.. :) People who have lots of money can afford to spend such lifestyle, we cant :) 

Again, can people see beyond money? Where the hell does money come into my argument? I have clarified numerous times, a middle class person can be cool too. In fact I have repeatedly said that doing expensive shopping or eating out doesn't make you cool. We are not talking about spending too much money. We are talking about liberal behavior.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

amarjeet73-SMay31-prerna4rishavSamraat_92

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 30 November 2012 at 2:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by amarjeet73

it is not correct thats if you are strict your kids will listen to you. i have seen many kids who lie when there parents are stricts.

parents doesnot know whats kids are doing?
for example in some case when I was in college most of the girls, I have seen wearing skirts in college and suits at home because there parents doesnot allow them to wear skirts.
so what they do buy a dress  and go into the girls hostel change it and go where ever they want. come back and wear suits and go home.

It is really difficult to follow your kids. 

Yep, that's the harsh truth people don't wanna face. they think always nagging makes kids obey more. Nope, it makes them hide more.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Samraat_92

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 30 November 2012 at 2:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by silvermoonlight

the irony is that Sweety who thinks she is perfect is full of imperfections

something tells me after this whole fiasco Sweety will learn a lesson or two herself

I am just enjoying Sweety in her new avatar...what if she begins to like acting all posh and modern?

the biggest problem with mothers like Sweety .and yes they do exist in real life...is that their kids become their life.  Sorry but that is not how a family should run. I still believe parents should go on date night once a week to have some time for themselves.

Provide your children with guidelines on how to be a good person rather than being a control freak

Mandira is shown as very extreme.  I live in Canada and I know plenty a white folk that will whip their kids ass in no time for drinking, drugs etc etc

of course once a child is 18, white parents do cut the apron strings.  brown parents make them tighter and tighter and refuse to let go...as is our Sweety

Yeah, people here behave as if western parents are bad with no care or feelings. While I see the very opposite. They too protect their kids from wrong things.

Edited by Freethinker112 - 30 November 2012 at 2:07am

amarjeet73Samraat_92

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 30 November 2012 at 2:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tani23

First of all amazing post FT

Agree wid u completely...

Sweety ji is under a misconception that she is perfect in her way

i m not saying that she is wrong always..but she is also NOT right always...

i was actually a bit amused watching yesterday's epi...

The way she ordered junk food n asked dem to order sumthing d next day also was weird

My mom also ...she didnt let me eat junk food always...bec Nutrition is important

Wat i think is : She shud try to understand her children ,...she need to b a bit more liberal...she need to understand that hobbies (singing for ginny n football for Rocky ) are also important...

sweety ji thinks that they will waste d tym if dey willl concentrate on hobbies more then studies...but no it is nt true... i think dat instead of stopping dem from playing ...she hud try to make dem understand the importance of studies along wid activities...

Exactly, she is not always right, a thing she doesn't want to even consider, let alone accept.

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 30 November 2012 at 2:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AhsaanBaig94

First of all, the one reason to like Old Sweety. Old Sweety, look, Old Sweety is who? She is a complete Desi Mother. Who never breaks rules, whether the rules, which is created by her or the society or anything... Yes. Her way of following those rules is little different. Coz she makes you follow them even if you dont want... The effect of this is clearly be seen in her Kids. You'll never see her kids shouting to them pointing finger towards them. Okay. You'll say. Yeah...!!! "Yeh toh har bachh karta hai"... But, lively example is in the show. Raavi, What she did?? banged the door infront of her mother. Raashi, Saying her mother to Shut her mouth. Sunny, First destroyed the coffee and blaming Pinky for that in front of Jeet...
This is the difference Old Sweety created. Okay, Children should be allowed to express their feelings... But, if parents disagrees, you cant start war against them...

This is the part I don't agree with. Kids are human too. Sometimes when you are angry, banging doors and things are natural reaction. But here, you can't even take out your frustration, because it might somehow disrespect parents. Bottling up feelings is never good.

amarjeet73Samraat_92

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 30 November 2012 at 2:14am | IP Logged

Originally posted by AhsaanBaig94

Freethinker, "As Expected", a brilliant post... There is nothing in it. To be disagreed with... Buddy...Smile

LOL I just did disagree CryLOL

Khair.. I love reading all meaningful posts ! Embarrassed And there is nothing to disagree that they are shwing extreme of everything LOL

But you know it's like bargaining.. The shopkeeper starts with Rs. 2000.. And then you say you will give 200 Confused .. And finally the final settlement can be done somewhere around 1000 EmbarrassedLOL

So after this coolest avtar of Sweetz, me in the hope to see a middle way out of Sweety's parvarish WinkLOL

Who the hell starts bargaining from 200 on a thing marked 2000? LOL

On a serious note, I doubt Sweety will come to a middle ground. To improve, a person has to first accept that he has faults, something Sweety is not able to come level with.

prerna4rishavSamraat_92

Post Reply New Post

Go to top