Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: silvermoonlight

the irony is that Sweety who thinks she is perfect is full of imperfections

something tells me after this whole fiasco Sweety will learn a lesson or two herself

I am just enjoying Sweety in her new avatar...what if she begins to like acting all posh and modern?

the biggest problem with mothers like Sweety .and yes they do exist in real life...is that their kids become their life.  Sorry but that is not how a family should run. I still believe parents should go on date night once a week to have some time for themselves.

Provide your children with guidelines on how to be a good person rather than being a control freak

Mandira is shown as very extreme.  I live in Canada and I know plenty a white folk that will whip their kids ass in no time for drinking, drugs etc etc

of course once a child is 18, white parents do cut the apron strings.  brown parents make them tighter and tighter and refuse to let go...as is our Sweety

Yeah, people here behave as if western parents are bad with no care or feelings. While I see the very opposite. They too protect their kids from wrong things.
Edited by Freethinker112 - 11 years ago
Freethinker112 thumbnail

Originally posted by: tani23

First of all amazing post FT

Agree wid u completely...

Sweety ji is under a misconception that she is perfect in her way

i m not saying that she is wrong always..but she is also NOT right always...

i was actually a bit amused watching yesterday's epi...

The way she ordered junk food n asked dem to order sumthing d next day also was weird

My mom also ...she didnt let me eat junk food always...bec Nutrition is important

Wat i think is : She shud try to understand her children ,...she need to b a bit more liberal...she need to understand that hobbies (singing for ginny n football for Rocky ) are also important...

sweety ji thinks that they will waste d tym if dey willl concentrate on hobbies more then studies...but no it is nt true... i think dat instead of stopping dem from playing ...she hud try to make dem understand the importance of studies along wid activities...

Exactly, she is not always right, a thing she doesn't want to even consider, let alone accept.
Freethinker112 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AhsaanBaig94

First of all, the one reason to like Old Sweety. Old Sweety, look, Old Sweety is who? She is a complete Desi Mother. Who never breaks rules, whether the rules, which is created by her or the society or anything... Yes. Her way of following those rules is little different. Coz she makes you follow them even if you dont want... The effect of this is clearly be seen in her Kids. You'll never see her kids shouting to them pointing finger towards them. Okay. You'll say. Yeah...!!! "Yeh toh har bachh karta hai"... But, lively example is in the show. Raavi, What she did?? banged the door infront of her mother. Raashi, Saying her mother to Shut her mouth. Sunny, First destroyed the coffee and blaming Pinky for that in front of Jeet...
This is the difference Old Sweety created. Okay, Children should be allowed to express their feelings... But, if parents disagrees, you cant start war against them...

This is the part I don't agree with. Kids are human too. Sometimes when you are angry, banging doors and things are natural reaction. But here, you can't even take out your frustration, because it might somehow disrespect parents. Bottling up feelings is never good.
Freethinker112 thumbnail

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

πŸ˜† I just did disagree πŸ˜­πŸ˜†

Khair.. I love reading all meaningful posts ! 😳 And there is nothing to disagree that they are shwing extreme of everything πŸ˜†

But you know it's like bargaining.. The shopkeeper starts with Rs. 2000.. And then you say you will give 200 πŸ˜• .. And finally the final settlement can be done somewhere around 1000 πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

So after this coolest avtar of Sweetz, me in the hope to see a middle way out of Sweety's parvarish πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Who the hell starts bargaining from 200 on a thing marked 2000? πŸ˜†

On a serious note, I doubt Sweety will come to a middle ground. To improve, a person has to first accept that he has faults, something Sweety is not able to come level with.
ABdaKriticizer thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Ridzzi-

πŸ˜†πŸ˜› Sorryz

It was NOT Sweety's plan. Papaji, being sensible told her to do this. Such a thing never came in Sweety's mind.

Also, whats wrong in doing this? She wants to teach them a lesson and so she is doing.

What about Lucky acting close to Mandira? Don't u think Sweety must have felt bad? there was no one sympathizing for Sweety when she was hurt due to several reasons at the holiday?

OK... And she being so cool, agreed... I say what lesson she'll teach Lucky??? No lesson... She just wants to come in her old form.. She just wants Lucky to beg infront of her... And requests her That... Plzzz mujhe meri Old Sweety dedo... And bye trying doing this... She is not caring about them...πŸ˜”
Freethinker112 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shwets1502

Very well written post. I am not sure whether I agree or disagree...πŸ˜† 

Now that makes me feel like I wrote something good. πŸ˜†

Sweety is (I am not taking her new avatar into consideration now) a very good mother. She loves her kids a lot and always wants the best for them as any parent would want. But is she perfect? I would say NO!

Nobody is doubting that. her intentions are good, but I don't like her implementation.

Every child has their own wishes and dreams, which sometimes might be wrong too. We say something called "Power of DONT". When you tell children, dont do something, they are definitely going to do it. So when Sweety restricts them to do something, they are definitely going to do it, especially Rocky. 

Sweety has to have a different handling for Rocky and Ginny, but I feel she is following the same thing for both. Ginny is different, She is not that stubborn like Rocky. So Sweety can be little lenient with her. But now Rocky will say Sweety favours GinnyπŸ˜† That is when we figure out Parvarishing is not that easy. 

Yep, the don't is a attack on the will, a most fundamental feeling. It may make one think that others are in control of their life, a feeling nobody likes. And yeah, parvarrish is not easy, that's a given. πŸ˜†

Sweety has to find the right chord, somewhere between strict and lenient. I dont believe in something called "Cool Mom". Mother has to be a mother. When children say to parents they must not compare with other children, doesnt the same apply to children also? They should also not compare their parents with others. 

That's why I said, no comparison. Just become more lenient. i am not saying her to host dope parties in her house. πŸ˜† Just some less nagging and let your kids be free. 
Although, with the amount of comparison Sweety does of her kids, I say let her have a test of her own medicine. πŸ˜†

What Sweety is doing now, becoming Cool to teach a lesson is not nice. It does not suit her. And what if the children accepts her to be like this? I have never seen Sweety discussing with Lucky over matters like this. Lucky is a more matured and understanding guy than she thinks him to be. 

I am confused over how matters are going now, especially with this "Guddu" thing coming. 

That's why I made this thread, this childish plan is something that a mature adult mother should not be thinking of. 
ABdaKriticizer thumbnail

Originally posted by: Freethinker112

This is the part I don't agree with. Kids are human too. Sometimes when you are angry, banging doors and things are natural reaction. But here, you can't even take out your frustration, because it might somehow disrespect parents. Bottling up feelings is never good.

This won't disrespect... Banging doors??? Infront of them... How can you say that... Okay...!!! You r saying this coz above is the reason to like Sweety.???
Freethinker112 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AhsaanBaig94

About what Sweety is doing...
That Guddu thing... Its just nonsense... What she'll earn after making Lucky jealous... She wants to be Mandira?? Mandira doesnt have an old friend.. Ohh..!!! Lucky is. But, she didnt make Sweety jealous... Sweety got jealous on her own... Sweety??? I just cant understand what she is trying to do...

Another stupid prank. So, her husband has female friend. Big deal. Can't lucky have friends now without her feeling insecure? I think Lucky would have been okay with her male friends too. But no, her life is now so boring that she has to create fake friends to create fake jealousy to have fake requests to give up her fake makeover. 

And this was something I never expected from Naanu. Instead of talking to Sweety, he is coming up with even more childish pranks. πŸ˜†
ABdaKriticizer thumbnail

Originally posted by: Freethinker112

Another stupid prank. So, her husband has female friend. Big deal. Can't lucky have friends now without her feeling insecure? I think Lucky would have been okay with her male friends too. But no, her life is now so boring that she has to create fake friends to create fake jealousy to have fake requests to give up her fake makeover.

And this was something I never expected from Naanu. Instead of talking to Sweety, he is coming up with even more childish pranks.πŸ˜†

Yeah... Too stupidity... Afterall Naanu is Sweety's father... Not Lucky's... Creating jealousy... Which i dont want and think that, it will be created, specially in Lucky... This will create Anothe MU between them and again... That old... Story will continue...😊
Freethinker112 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Ridzzi-

Apart from that.
I do believe what she's upto is right. There is nothing for her to "grow up" Kids and Hubby aren't able to live without her and its clearly shown the mess all around. Kids maybe impressed by her but as it goes on the irritation will be clearly shown.

I cannot understand whats the reason of telling Sweety, coz its the CV's who have been writing for this show. If they are doing such a thing its made known that its happened in real.

DJ's known for their realistic approach in every serial and the CV's are not dumb to show such nonsense. Me full support of Sweety.

I always liked Sweety from the start and will continue. Sensible person like Papaji is in full support of Sweety what else do u want?

Of course, because they have a habit of her. That's like saying if Lucky ji stops working, they won't have no money. It's obvious. But everybody learns to live by themselves when they move out from home. kids can now. They can survive without her. But that doesn't mean that her work is not appreciated. But does that mean that she has to be a control freak all the time? I don't think so.

And the grow up part is regarding the stupid game she is playing now.

Yeah, i know it is the realistic approach. I advice all the real mothers to loosen up too.

Papaji supporting her now and giving her more childish pranks now makes me doubt whether he is all wise or not.