Posted: 11 years ago
Joginder Tuteja ?@Tutejajoginder

#Talaash tickets booked for Friday at PVR Ambience. It's biggest audi is ~60% full already. Fab opening expected at multiplexes at least

'Talaash' would be an inspiration for others - Rani Mukerji 
By Joginder Tuteja, MovieTalkies.com, 29, November 2012

Rani Mukerji

Last quarter of 2012 is suddenly turning out to be a lot about Rani Mukerji. Fate ofAiyyaa notwithstanding, the film still did some good appreciation for Rani. In fact it has been unanimously agreed that she was the only bright spot about an otherwise largely forgettable film. Now with Talaash expected to be an unforgettable outing, Rani is pretty much an added bright spot about the film which is expected to be centred on Aamir Khan.

Expectations are that 'Talaash' is an unusual yet intriguing outing in the offering. Is that indeed the case Rani?
See, when Aamir came with Lagaan then too people wondered that what was the kind of film that he was bringing. Then when he brought Taare Zameen Par, even then many out there opined that he should have directed something else. Both these films broke quite a few myths.

Those were his home productions and now in 'Talaash' too he is a co-producer, so he can afford to take risks, isn't it?
Yes and for that you have to credit Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani as well. Much before Lagaan or Taare Zameen Par, when they had started off with Dil Chahta Hai people had said that it was not a mainstream film. Similarly last year during Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara people had same thing to say. However I can promise that with them and Aamir coming together for Talaash, it is going to be an inspiration for a lot of otherfilmmakers to go and make different kind of films.

Well, you for sure have been doing different films with Aamir. Right from Ghulam which was an intense outing to Mangal Pandey which had a revolution base to it, the two of you have been seen in different set ups. Guess you are doing sparse but interesting films with Aamir with Talaash being your latest.
I think my relationship with Aamir is more of a friendship which is there for the keeps. We are genuinely fond of each other so the chemistry between the two of us would always be there. In all these years Ihave spent so much time with him as a friend, which was not the case earlier on. Like in Ghulam, I was awed by his presence. I used to be quiet and nervous around him. Today our relationship has changed due to which we enjoyed a lot working with each other in Talaash. Over the years he has felt really proud of my achievements; he has developed good respect for me as an actor.

It pretty much appears that the actor would you would be in good form during 'Talaash' as well. After all, if I look at the way promos have so far unfolded, one thing is pretty apparent that you are playing a tormented mother. That must have been emotionally draining, isn't it?
I cannot comment on the film at all. You may try hard but I am not going to answer that (laughs). Whatever I say would lead us to something else and the problem is that if I start, I won't be able to stay quiet. So it's better if I keep my mouth shut.

Talaash All Set to Open Well at the Box Office

November 29th, 2012 by Joginder Tuteja

Talaash Movie Poster

Finally, after a delay of almost six months, Talaash is ready to hit the screens. Ok, so the fact remains (and there are no brownie points in stating so) that this indeed is one of the most awaited films of the year. Another fact also remains that excitement for the film had actually started peaking in the first half of the year when it was supposed to release in June. The buzz was just right, the hype was gaining momentum and just when it seemed that the film was following 'Aamir Khan's arc of marketing', there was a not-so-pleasant surprise in store when the film was pushed to November.

With enough positive stories already floating around the film, it was time for one and all to indulge in some spicier affairs now. Is the film similar to Kahaani? Is that the reason why it has been pushed? Is there an issue between Aamir Khan and director Reema Kagti? Is there an issue between Aamir Khan and the film's producers? Is Reema taking too much time to give the film its final shape? Is the film's music not up to the mark? Are there some other unknown issues plaguing the film due to which Aamir has lost interest in the film?

However there was just one answer to each of these questions. A complete silence! It must be admitted though that even this silence has only led to reasonable buzz around the film. More and more that Aamir and his team decided to refrain from retaliation, more was media interested in knowing what really was the case. In a way, a reverse marketing and promotional strategy was followed where absence of 'created' hype only resulted in coming to fore of 'inferred' hype. All of this has meant that the film, despite what some out there have to say, has actually picked up decent steam.

The key word here is 'decent' though because unlike a 3 Idiots or a Ghajini, the film is definitely not looking at breaking any First Day or First Weekend records. Instead, it is aiming at audience word of mouth to do the trick and for that to be possible, there is enough buzz to bring a substantial number of people in theatres on its release.

As things stand today, the film should see a good opening of around 60%-70% (it is releasing on a wide number of screens and hence one can't expect House Full boards all over) and premium multiplexes would be registering even higher, what with advance booking being quite positive there. At single screens though, the footfalls are expected to be lower in comparison.

Still, none of that should bother this reasonably budgeted film which has an entire week all for itself to find an escalation in footfalls. However for that one thing which would hold forte is 'content'. Reason being this isn't one of those films where just the presence of three stars (Aamir Khan, Kareena KapoorRani Mukerji) is good enough to earn crores; it has to do well on its merits and for that all eyes would be on Reema Kagti to deliver goods.

I am right now so pissed because i asked my friend for the review of the movie and his one line review of the movie was the ending...Really upset right now...

Still going to watch it..
Originally posted by don12

I am right now so pissed because i asked my friend for the review of the movie and his one line review of the movie was the ending...Really upset right now...

Still going to watch it..

ya me 2 i saw a tweet abt the ending aswell... bt i xpected it 2 b the climax!!!!
weird,,, no unique promotional activity from aamir khan yet  except for the CID episode ?  🤔😆

Keep--------------Smiling !!!!😊
Cannot wait :D absolutely loving what I've read so far about Bebo :D and Rani...she always surprises me! 
i'm so excited for this movieee!!!!
Lookin forward to talaash. Excited
Joginder Tuteja ?@Tutejajoginder

Good to see a fab response so far...keep spreading the word around Tweet to follow #Talaash

Expand 
  •  Retweet 
  •  Favorite
1h