Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Daisy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 18 years ago
Well, Once for JJKN I kept the phone off hook. A friend was trying to get through to me desperately and failed. . Later when I did came to know this, I felt terribly ashamed of my weakness. Thankfully, the matter was not very serious. But it made me realize that my friends come before everything, even JJKN.
Afterall real people are more important than a TV serial. Now I never keep my phone off hook. Who knows who needs us when?
sowmyaa thumbnail
Well i dont get to watch the show anymore i just relly totally on QB, Rumi, and Daisy's wonderful updates! But when I was watching i had to keep my toddler awake till the show was over. She does not sleep without my story and without me so she used to get cranky and I had to ask my husband a huge favor to keep on entertaining her till my show was done..he was so nice to do that!! 😭 Now, I read the updates from work so my employer is suffering when I read long great juicy updates from QB and Rumi and Daisy! 😛 I have stopped dowloading clips 'coz really I dont feel it worth making my daughter play by herself while I am entertaining myself with JJKN...kind of feel guilty! But as soon as its 3:00 in the afternoon whatever work I am doing I stopy and open the forum to read update..and I copy and past in word, delete all the smiles and read so my coworkers think I am working!! 😉 😆 😆
sowmyaa thumbnail
Originally posted by: bgdesai

Well i dont get to watch the show anymore i just relly totally on QB, Rumi, and Daisy's wonderful updates! But when I was watching i had to keep my toddler awake till the show was over. She does not sleep without my story and without me so she used to get cranky and I had to ask my husband a huge favor to keep on entertaining her till my show was done..he was so nice to do that!! 😭 Now, I read the updates from work so my employer is suffering when I read long great juicy updates from QB and Rumi and Daisy! 😛 I have stopped dowloading clips 'coz really I dont feel it worth making my daughter play by herself while I am entertaining myself with JJKN...kind of feel guilty! But as soon as its 3:00 in the afternoon whatever work I am doing I stop and open the forum to read update..and I copy and paste it in word document, delete all the smiles and read so my coworkers think I am working!! 😉 😆 😆

anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: bgdesai

Well i dont get to watch the show anymore i just relly totally on QB, Rumi, and Daisy's wonderful updates! But when I was watching i had to keep my toddler awake till the show was over. She does not sleep without my story and without me so she used to get cranky and I had to ask my husband a huge favor to keep on entertaining her till my show was done..he was so nice to do that!! 😭 Now, I read the updates from work so my employer is suffering when I read long great juicy updates from QB and Rumi and Daisy! 😛 I have stopped dowloading clips 'coz really I dont feel it worth making my daughter play by herself while I am entertaining myself with JJKN...kind of feel guilty! But as soon as its 3:00 in the afternoon whatever work I am doing I stopy and open the forum to read update..and I copy and past in word, delete all the smiles and read so my coworkers think I am working!! 😉 😆 😆

I am in the same boat as you BG!

My hubby till date gets wild with me..because I am watching non stop TV and ignoring my little one...but it is getting beyond control and I am realizing what I am loosing so I am trying to concentrate my family in the evening...and ofcourse as you said...I log on to IF during work and read the updates...

*Anjali* thumbnail
usually, I sacrifice my studies for JJKN.  Even if I have a big exam coming up, I don't usually skip an episode...😳  Also, just like you Rumi, I've sacrificed my social life at times.  Sometimes my friends will call and want to go out, but if it's during the time JJKN is on, then NO WAY!  I don't tell them that I'm staying home b/c of a tv show...😳---instead I say i'm studying 😆😉

Originally posted by: Daisy

Well, Once for JJKN I kept the phone off hook. A friend was trying to get through to me desperately and failed. . Later when I did came to know this, I felt terribly ashamed of my weakness. Thankfully, the matter was not very serious. But it made me realize that my friends come before everything, even JJKN.
Afterall real people are more important than a TV serial. Now I never keep my phone off hook. Who knows who needs us when?

don't feel bad, Daisy--I have done this many times...😳  I also feel guilty about it, but I enjoyed watching JJKN without being disturbed 😉

The time I spend with my family isn't sacrificed at all b/c we all are hooked on the show, so we watch it together 😊
Fuzz thumbnail

The show comes on during my toddlers bedtime so I keep the TV on while I put him to sleep. When the music to Kkusum or Jassi comes on, he jumps into bed ready to sleep. So I get to watch my show and have a baby sleep aid at the same time.  I am afraid of what will happen when these shows go off the air... How will I put him to sleep?

Fuzz

giaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I think I may well have sacrificed my sanity watching this show!!

Na not really ...but definately intellectual gratification from TV is something I give up when i watch JJKN....so I try not to watch it on most days until I know that Samir Soni is on the episode and then intellectual gratification be damned!😳

Gia
peaches thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

All I know is tonight i'm not sacrificing my sleep to watch JJKN tonight.🥱  I had enough excitment last night....or whatever that was..😕

I'm going to see Armaan in my dreams!

Good evening all!!

jprasad thumbnail
I once held my pee for 1/2 hour

but I have done what the rest of the gang has done

schedule appoints around JJKN

let frenz know that the phone has electricuted itself and it would be functioning within 1/2 hour

ooooohhhhh bad one...I told my mom that I wouldn't attend a pooja til after 7 pm.  😳

Once, I missed JJKN the night before so I drove home during lunch hour and drove back.  My house is 40 minutes away....   😕

I left the tap running for 10 minutes as soon as the "Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin" song came on.

My poor husband, he travels a lot sometimes with limited time on his hands and he is forbidden to call me between 6:30 and 7.
shiverz thumbnail

Nice topic, Peaches!!😊  A few days ago, I was also thinking about what I sacrifice Mon-Thurs for JJKN...

Originally posted by: anjali308

usually, I sacrifice my studies for JJKN.  Even if I have a big exam coming up, I don't usually skip an episode...😳  Also, just like you Rumi, I've sacrificed my social life at times.  Sometimes my friends will call and want to go out, but if it's during the time JJKN is on, then NO WAY!  I don't tell them that I'm staying home b/c of a tv show...😳---instead I say i'm studying 😆😉

Yeah, me too!! I think I've been sacrificing a LOT of study time for JJKN because even though the show's only 1/2 an hour, I log on to I-F to talk about the show a LOT!!! in that time, i know i could be getting a LOT of work done!! and because i delay on my work, i also get much less sleeping time!! yesterday, I stayed up from 12:30 to 1:30 just to be on I-F!!!😕 I am reeally addicted!!!

And if a friend or someone calls me from 6:30 to 7, I always tell them to call me later since my favorite t.v. show's on! -- and yesterday, one of my friends called me during the jassi-armaan seatbelt scene in the car and i missed most of it!!! 

But anyways, I think that JJKN has taken over my life too much!! and i really think i need to do my work instead of discussing JJKN!!!😛