Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

What do you sacrifice for JJKN M-T?

peaches Goldie
peaches
peaches

Posted: 11 May 2005 at 8:24am | IP Logged

Hi Guys!!!Smile

I figure we're all in the same boat with this show.Confused  I would like to get a general idea of some of the things you guys have to sacrifice on a daily basis or M-T to watch this show.  There is always something that you could be doing besides watching this show even if it is watching another soap in the same time slot.

I believe that if T&D is really visiting IF and reading our posts, our responses can be very resourceful.  This way they realize how important this show is to its viewers, at least the ones that have not lost their minds.  Wacko

What we sacrifice is very important, especially in this day in age.  For one we have other options as far as TV goes, and secondly people have work and families to take care of.  I understand that this is only a half hour long show, but if people watch 3 different ones, then that's an hour an a half of the day. If they continue to twist this story in something so bazaar, we might have other options besides this show.Angry

Let me start by saying…..I have to sacrifice my SLEEP to watch JJKN.Sleepy  In the US the show airs at 9:30.  I have to be up at 5 to go to the gym. Disapprove If I stay up to watch JJKN, I'm too tired to get up to go to the gym.Sleepy  This means that because I did not got to the gym in the morning, I have to have only a salad for lunch instead of a chicken burger w/fries.Angry

This is what I have to sacrifice for T&D.

What about you?

Thanks

Peaches

april_angel Senior Member
april_angel
april_angel

Posted: 11 May 2005 at 8:30am | IP Logged
I sacrafice not finishing my homework. I get in trouble all the time cuz of that!LOL
purva IF-Sizzlerz
purva
purva

Posted: 11 May 2005 at 8:43am | IP Logged
Hey Peaches,

that's interesting topic. Earlier i used to sacrifice mine as well as my family's sleep b'coz my little one does not sleep until she tucks me and my husband in bed Big smile ......so she used to stay up with me till 10 pm.

Now that the show is going nowhere, i have stopped watching it in night (even a sizzling hugging scene of Armaan and Jessica didn't tempt me to watch it last night Confused ). Instead i watch repeat which comes next day at 2 pm. I watch it while doing preparations for dinner. So currently i am not sacrificing anything for JJKN.......
IluvHrithik Groupbie
IluvHrithik
IluvHrithik

Posted: 11 May 2005 at 9:07am | IP Logged

I've been watching it from the beginning.  I don't have Sony or any of the Indian channels but my parents do and they've been taping it for me M-T and when it went to M-W and now back to M-T, from the very beginning.  When it first came on, my mom said there was a new show on Sony and it's different, funny at times, and doesn't involve the saas-bahu themes of most Indian dramas that I got tired of and she would tape it for me to see if I liked a few episodes. That is how I started watching JJKN.  I don't usually get to see all of the episodes for at least a week or two after they're aired, if not longer when I visit them and get the tape(s).  Apart from watching Lost, Alias, and Desperate Housewives (which I tape and am waaaaaaay behind on the episodes), I really don't have time to watch that much TV.  At times, I did find some of the episodes very boring and found many things that did not make logical sense but that occurs with every show - whether it's Indian or American, so I just ignore it and just watch it for the main story, itself.  Until the transformation, which started when Jassi went to Mauritius, I didn't care if I did miss an episode or if I didn't watch it right away after I got the taped episodes. But now, I find myself wanting to know what's happening next and make sure that my Mom does tape the episode for me.  If not, she makes sure she does tape it during the day.  (I Love you MOM for doing this for me!!!) 

BTW, thanks to QueenBee, Rumi, Daisy - Did I forget someone? for the daily updates.  Smile

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 11 May 2005 at 9:16am | IP Logged

I dont get to watch the show these days. when i did i sacrificed taking any calls on my mobile, sacrificed peace at home by forbiding anyone from speaking or changing channels at that time. not to forget risk ridicule from everyone i know by spending so much time on internet browsing sites like this dedicated to JJKN.

also sacrifice my peace of mind when the track is going bad. or get some bad news like purab uncle's comebacks.

Rumi Goldie
Rumi
Rumi

Posted: 11 May 2005 at 9:22am | IP Logged
  i sacrifice even my social gatherings for this show.it comes here at 9-30pm and i sit down in front of the TV keeping aside my all works.recently i have started updating and for that have to be too much attentive and i even disconnect my phone then so that nobody can disturb me at that point of time!Big smile
peaches Goldie
peaches
peaches

Posted: 11 May 2005 at 9:26am | IP Logged
Wow...my burger and fries are meaningless compared to what you guys have been sacrificing! ConfusedOuch  I guess I shouldn't complain!
lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Posted: 11 May 2005 at 11:58am | IP Logged
apart from 24 hours of my valuable time i cannot think of anything else in particular, peaches.......

Go to top