Dil se di dua... Saubhagyavati Bhava?

Why Have HC/SJ Names Been Removed(VB notes:1,3, 5 & 9) (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 9

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 9
Page 7 Page 9

romiosugar1

IF-Sizzlerz

romiosugar1

Posted: 29 November 2012 at 9:39am | IP Logged
I already see that Harshad and Sriti will be removed from the banner very soon too with same old lame reason whereas every other forum has kept all the actors/characters who have contributed towards the show till the end. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

tweetie19Ephemera-vandy-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why Have HC/SJ Names Been Removed(VB notes:1,3, 5 & 9) (Page 6)" in Dil se di dua... Saubhagyavati Bhava? forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

likarsh

IF-Sizzlerz

likarsh

Posted: 29 November 2012 at 9:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BizzyLizzy

With all due respect, Aahaana, I'd like to ask a question about this decision.  Or maybe a few questions.

Not only is this about the fact that Sriti and Harshad were bumped off the popular cast list, but that they were done very soon  after they left, whereas people who played bit parts in the serial were part of the same list for a long time after their roles were over - including Fernil who played Priya.  In  some cases, as in the case  of Yash (who played Krish, a very  seminal role in the serial), it takes months of requests from members to get him into the cast list, and even after we supplied the full name it took a  whole month to be updated! What had been stopping them earlier from pushing those in bit roles to page 2?  Doesn't this itself sound like an imbalance? A rule is a rule but in this case neither was it established in their threads on the rules, nor was it applied equally to all characters. 

I don't think suddenly establishing a rule  like this, post a legitimate complaint for which we have given proof of how the rule hasn't even been applied on some occasions, is fair. 

HC's name wasn't bumped off till now, after this topic. 

The reason Yash took so long was because the mods needed his full name. Soon after they got the name, his name was put up there.

A different approach to this matter could've worked better. But instead from the onset this was an accusing topic to the mods.  

And this result came about.  

If the new rule is that the top five should be current cast, it's actually no problem.  SJ and HC can be under the top five and can be listed in parentheses as dead.  Besides many of the cast will probably be out soon anyway, so they no longer need to be pinned in the Popular Cast box and there will be enough space.  That is, if the DT feel that SJ and HC should be in the box.  If Vrish wants to stick to his guidelines on how he'll manage that box, that's fine with me.  He has every right to do so.

Edited by likarsh - 29 November 2012 at 10:10am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sabrina.aMahinKForeverSHINee-Nakshatra-

likarsh

IF-Sizzlerz

likarsh

Posted: 29 November 2012 at 10:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by romiosugar1

I already see that Harshad and Sriti will be removed from the banner very soon too with same old lame reason whereas every other forum has kept all the actors/characters who have contributed towards the show till the end. 

Who says a new banner wouldn't have their characters? Besides, I think there's a rule that a banner will have to stay up for six? months.  People are correct to ask for a new banner if there's a significant change in cast. As there is. That doesn't mean that the previous characters or cast won't be featured on the banner at all.  Most likely the mods would specify that all the major characters need to be included--just as they did in the first banner contest.

MahinKForeverSHINee-Nakshatra-

romiosugar1

IF-Sizzlerz

romiosugar1

Posted: 29 November 2012 at 10:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by likarsh

Originally posted by romiosugar1

Who says a new banner wouldn't have their characters? Besides, I think there's a rule that a banner will have to stay up for six? months.  People are correct to ask for a new banner if there's a significant change in cast. As there is. That doesn't mean that the previous characters or cast won't be featured on the banner at all.  Most likely the mods would specify that all the major characters need to be included--just as they did in the first banner contest.
Then who said that Harshad and Sriti's name will be removed from popular cast?! Did anyone announce that their names will be removed? No!! Right? Based on that, I concluded that they may be removed from the banner too!! Even though I never expected this cast removing thingy, look what has happened. It's on my face so I can safely assume that they may be removed from banner. It's not like I would go crazy or lose anything if they remove Harshad or Sriti from popular cast or banner. Same goes with Harshad and Sriit...I am sure they don't give damn about whether being or removed their names from the popular cast. I am just stating the visible discrimination or should I say how Harshad and Sriti exit have affected so many higher authorities that they have to come up with new set of rule all of sudden ClapClap 

These rules can be twisted around at anytime hun so I don't believe in anything that happens at IF any longer. It's all about position/power/authority. 

Edited by romiosugar1 - 29 November 2012 at 10:12am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

tweetie19-vandy-

Aya.

IF-Dazzler

Aya.

Posted: 29 November 2012 at 10:21am | IP Logged
ROFL ROFL

You guys are still making a big issue over this ?!?! I mean, really ?! over a name ?!

This is so hilarious !!

Wacko Silly

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

MahinKsabrina.aForeverSHINeeFindingShak-Nakshatra-mysticgoryfilmslikarshRoyalLEO_Krrish

likarsh

IF-Sizzlerz

likarsh

Posted: 29 November 2012 at 10:22am | IP Logged
Neither SJ and HC are removed from the cast list. Just the popular cast list.  And there are examples of both. Where leaving cast are unpinned from that box, and where they are left on.

He chose chose the former option.

The higher authorities set a new rule because as they themselves said there were no set rules on this. So because of all the complaints and accusations, they had to set new guidelines.

As I said in my previous post.  This was not the right approach.  Instead of accusing from the onset, there should've been some request or question and then wait for an answer, then a discussion.  In fact someone already pointed out in the Help Desk (though it should've been in the Gripes and Suggestions thread) that either they need to update the cast list according to the recent track, OR put back SJ's name. 

But instead most of the people started accusing and attacking the mods.

The global mods came up with a new set of rules all of a sudden because people decided to take it up with the global mods, so of course they had to deal with it.  

So now you have a new guideline that will be in effect all over the forum in all sections.  And there's nothing there twisted against any fan group, from what's been posted. The new rule says the top five should be current cast.  That still leaves two spots.  Now perhaps that's left up to each DT.  

Or perhaps, it doesn't matter since the first part of the rule says that once the cast member is gone, he/she will no longer be part of the Popular Cast list.  But even that rule is no twisted rule. This issue forced the global mods to make guidelines on this, and so they did.  There were no guidelines before. And now there are, and it will be implemented in all sections.

Accusing them of twisting rules is not the way to go about it. It's not going to help.  They've been clear that there are examples of both: removing ex-cast members from the box, or retaining ex-cast members in the box.  

From what I gather, It was up to the DT.  This DT chose one option.  That's not twisting any rules. And the best way to get them to consider the other option is not to fling such accusations at them.

Edited by likarsh - 29 November 2012 at 10:44am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MahinKsabrina.aForeverSHINee-Nakshatra-

_dkmystery_

IF-Stunnerz

_dkmystery_

Posted: 29 November 2012 at 10:49am | IP Logged
this forum never ceases to amaze me... I don't understand the logic of removing the names just coz someone decided to make their own rules about it Silly

napsterEphemera-vandy-

.FlawlessSarun.

IF-Addictz

.FlawlessSarun.

Posted: 29 November 2012 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Woow this is the 1st time such Biased shit has happened Angry !! i mean even if actor is replaced ! the actors name DOES NOT get removed ! aur yahan toh b4 the new actress entered, her name is there n Old 1s gone ? !! 
Woow No wonder i hate this section n the Dev team ! 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

tweetie19-Alina-EphemeraSaraa.romiosugar1-vandy-_dkmystery_

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Dil se di dua... Saubhagyavati Bhava? Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.