Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

vfordonkey

IF-Rockerz

vfordonkey

Posted: 27 November 2012 at 6:56pm | IP Logged
To whoever it may concern-

With plagiarism on the rise, and the moral compass of all people more skewed than ever, I request that the NOCOPY code be activated for ALL pages. Plagiarism is a big scare, myself having been subjected to it more than once, and it is seriously SICK. It really detracts the charm of this forum... And because of this, almost half of the people I know have left this forum... For good. I myself have stopped posting my stories here, because there is no way of ensuring that my work won't get lifted again.

Please activate the nocopy code for ALL pages, or put another security code which ensures that our work is not plagiarised.

Thank You

-Vee

PS- guys please comment so that our suggestion and our views can come on the mods radar. Thanks.

Also, some people say that the nocopy code becomes invalid for ipods and all, so if any IF DT member is reading this, could you please try and do something for this? Thanks.

Edited by V323 - 28 November 2012 at 2:31am

The following 30 member(s) liked the above post:

AahaanaLoveheart120-Deepali-.SmokeySilence.-Araina-..Swapnali..dreamyshadowsizzy0502..Naina..Angel-Jot.pugletavcmydpAL-pAL.A.l.i.a.Angelfreak_96strawberry143-Raichu-_Mohabbatgirl_-Alina.InvisibleSmile-Anaya-Senorita Sanayamisty85Maria.SamiyaIPKKNDHawaaPot...shruti.....SheWolf..DidikisautSilentPromises

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "NOCOPY code for every page..." in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

dreamyshadows

Goldie

dreamyshadows

Posted: 27 November 2012 at 7:05pm | IP Logged
I completely agree with V. As a writer, Im terribly concerned for my intellectual property. This initiative is well thought of,and I do hope that its taken seriously. Plagiarism is very very serious, and its happening far too much for comfort. The Dev Team is very responsive and its a feat we're thankful for, but now its going on sites outside IF where our Mods have no say. Something really needs to be done.

Thank you Vee.

Avi

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Angel-Jot...Naina..vfordonkey..SheWolf..SamiyaIPKKND

Rasgulla_sp

IF-Stunnerz

Rasgulla_sp

Posted: 27 November 2012 at 7:06pm | IP Logged
Plagiarism has also forced many writers to shift from IF to blogs. If the NO COPY code could work on every page we apply it on, then it will seriously thwart the plagiarists copy-pasting tendencies. Writers will write with a relative amount of mental peace and members will enjoy reading on IF itself. Fayda IF ka hi hain.

I'm sure IF has enough talented people on board who can take care of something as simple as this.

Great topic V :)

Plagiarists are thieves!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

..Naina..vfordonkey..SheWolf..SamiyaIPKKND

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 27 November 2012 at 7:17pm | IP Logged

Hey guys, 

its something I also have thought about, if NOCOPY works for all of the posts, it will reduce plagiarism. I will talk to Vijay about it and request him to consider the members request. 

Edited by Aahaana - 27 November 2012 at 7:17pm

The following 27 member(s) liked the above post:

-Deepali-.SmokeySilence.CrazyBoy-.Hd.--Araina-..Swapnali..dreamyshadows..Naina..Angel-Jot.Krani-Dee-pugletpAL-pAL.A.l.i.a.vfordonkey-Alina.MP_RadhaSenorita Sanaya-Niky-misty85Captain_Philips..SheWolf..Naach_BasantiSamiyaIPKKNDDidikisautRasgulla_spSilentPromisesRafid.

vfordonkey

IF-Rockerz

vfordonkey

Posted: 27 November 2012 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aahaana

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Hey guys,</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">its something I also have thought about, if NOCOPY works for all of the posts, it will reduce plagiarism. I will talk to Vijay about it and request him to consider the members request.</font>

Thankyou so much! If you could bring this to Vijay's notice I'd be really grateful :)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Angelfreak_96Maria.Senorita Sanaya

AngelTeen

IF-Sizzlerz

AngelTeen

Posted: 27 November 2012 at 7:24pm | IP Logged
I agree with my fellow writers here but I would like to bring into notice the fact that inspite of NOCOPY, one can easily highlight and copy using iPods and maybe other devices too which means the code works only for desktops and laptops if there is no way to get around that as well.

Hence, I would be graceful if along with the code being available on all pages, its strength against breaching could also be looked into.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Deepali-dreamyshadows..Naina..Angelfreak_96vfordonkeySenorita Sanaya

Krani

IF-Dazzler

Krani

Posted: 27 November 2012 at 7:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aahaana

Hey guys, 

its something I also have thought about, if NOCOPY works for all of the posts, it will reduce plagiarism. I will talk to Vijay about it and request him to consider the members request. 

Can you also speak about not activating right click functions? Because despite it being no copy, people can still select all and copy stuff. 

Thanks,
~K

Edited by Krani - 27 November 2012 at 7:40pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

dreamyshadows..Naina..-Dee-vfordonkeymisty85AngelTeenSenorita SanayaRasgulla_sp

-Niky-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Niky-

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 4:30am | IP Logged
Thanks a lot for opening this topic!
It has now become a threat for the FF writers now a days, there work is being copied so often!Ouch
Please allow this NOCOPY tag for every post! It will be really helpful! Hug

-NikySmile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Senorita Sanayamisty85

Post Reply New Post

Go to top