•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
Mrunal Jain has had a happening journey in the TV industry so far, and presently essays the role of Vishnu in FilmFarm Productions' long running show, Uttaran on Colors.
Here is the dashing actor in a conversation with us wherein he talks about the various challenging roles that he has enacted so far. Read onโ€ฆ
How did you get this role of Vishnu inUttaran?
I had auditioned for the role, and wasinformed that I have bagged it when I was holidaying in Goa. The creative team graciously agreed to wait for four days for me to get back and takeup the look test. And I passed the looktest with flying colors.
How is your experience working withco star Tina Dutta?
Like all kids, I am very mischievous, but she is good at heart and comes across as a genuine person. She brings a spark on the set whenever she is around.
How much do you relate to the character in Uttaran?
I relate to Vishnu to an extent. I like the clothes that the role of the panditoffers me. They are similar to the clothes I wear when I attend the pujain the temple.
You have come a long way as an actor, from the days of Kahaani to Uttaran. How do you see your journey?
Taking up different kind of roles in the shows you mentioned has been very creatively satisfying. I have grown as an actor in the past seven years. All I can say is that a great transformation has taken place insideme and some new opportunities havestarted coming my way. In this high competition era, it is essential to be an all rounder. Having said this, I also believe that everything is pre-destined and takes place according to that.
Do you think good looks are important for a TV actor?
Performance is paramount, but to be honest, people do want to see handsome and good looking people on TV.
What is your fitness mantra?
As for my fitness mantra, I only eat healthy and natural food stuff. I also hit the gym regularly. Last but not theleast, I drink lot of water. Actually there is a story behind this; during my college days my seniors used to rag me and ask me to remove my T-shirt. They even used to throw water on me. I used to get embarrassed as I looked very skinny.
Your take on Bigg Bossโ€ฆ Will you accept the show if offered?
I don't like the negativity shown in Bigg Boss. As for the entertainment value, it is good. I would not mind doing it because it would be a new challenge for me. Apart from Bigg Boss, I would also love to do something like Khatron Ke Khiladi as Ilove adventure.
Can we see you moving to films?
I am an opportunist and I will surely grab any plump offer that comes my way. It is everyone's dream to be seen on the big screen, but that does not mean that I will leave TV as it is my bread and butter.
Who is your favorite Bollywood star?
Without a doubt, Konkana Sen Sharma as I love her work and her eyes are very expressive.
Which are the TV shows you watch currently?
International Comedy on the lines of Big Bang Theory. In desi stuff, I like Balika Vadhu and always watch Colorswhenever I get a chance.
You are never seen partying, is there any specific reason for this?
I do not booze or smoke, so there is no point for me to go to a party. I attend few parties just to meet my friends, but I am not fond of parties.
good to know that he doesnt smoke n drink. so he suits the pandit's role perfectly i guess๐Ÿ˜† 
lol n he like balika vadhu. me too love it๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Originally posted by itstimetospeak

good to know that he doesnt smoke n drink. so he suits the pandit's role perfectly i guess๐Ÿ˜†
<div></div>lol n he like balika vadhu. me too love it๐Ÿ˜ƒ

๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ˜Š
Happy to hear that he wont smoke or drink.BUT I WANT VISHNU TO BE POSITIVE IN UT.
ufff...nooo...isko dekhne se lagta hai...omg..uttaran is planning to run for another yr...god...plz spare us...uttaran team...show happy ending n end...already ppl r so angry...it seems they r planning to run till they r shown the door... ...๐Ÿ˜ก
Originally posted by merryface

ufff...nooo...isko dekhne se lagta hai...omg..uttaran is planning to run for another yr...god...plz spare us...uttaran team...show happy ending n end...already ppl r so angry...it seems they r planning to run till they r shown the door... ...๐Ÿ˜ก

๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘
pls end this crap and i am fed up of writing this 
uttaran won't end that easily.As of now it is quite afar from happy ending.They will drag it till another year