Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

payal_4 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

After Big B and Salman Khan, Karan Kundra becomes most loved non-fiction TV personality

Dailybhaskar.com | Dec 11, 2012, 00:08AM IST

Karan Kundra, the youth icon who is currently seen in Channel V's show 'The Serial' and 'Gumraah',  has been rated #3 among the most loved non-fiction TV personalities among the youth audience .In the recent Ormax Media Report survey on Characters India Loves, Nov 2012. What is incredible about this achievement is that he is just behind Amitabh Bachchan (KBC) and Salman Khan (Bigg Boss) television heartthrob Karan Kundra found its place! While both of them have a long repertoire of films and therefore a huge fan base, it is really credible for a young actor to have made it to this position right behind them.    

payal_4 thumbnail

TOI : Small screen's News-makers of the year 2012

Small screen's News-makers of the year 2012

It is very rightly said that in the glamour world 'no publicity is bad publicity' and thanks to few stars of the Telly land the year 2012 became thrilling and entertaining.

The Indian TV industry saw a handful of news-makers who made a lot of noise and also created news for good and bad reasons in the year 2012. Here's a list of Small Screen's newsmakers of the year 2012.

Karan Kundra-Kritika Kamra's complicated relationship: Karan Kundra and Kritika Kamra are known for sharing a love-hate relationship. Since the time they started working on their first show Kitni Mohabbat Hai the actors have been going through a fluctuating relationship. However, after their show went off-air problems started brewing between the two finally leading to their break-up. The couple continued to play non-stop hide-and-seek with the media till the time their break-up was officially announced by Kritika Kamra. The couple was recently in news once again as their relationship was used as one of the key elements in a TV show. In fact Kratika was miffed with the way she was portrayed on 'The Serial'.

Thus, the year 2012 saw many news-makers - right from people who always make it to the headlines and some new contenders!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Small-screens-News-makers-of-the-year-2012/articleshow/17591783.cms

Minionite thumbnail
Originally posted by: beautimanjuchdh

Soumya Seth is the spoilt brat of her family!

Minionite thumbnail

Paras Chhabra to enter The Serial; Sara and Paras' love life to be in focus...

Sara Khan suffered a huge blow when her marriage to Ali Mercchant hit a roadblock which lead to them getting separated. However, things did get better for Sara when she found love all over again and got close to Paras Chhabra, an ex-contestant of MTV Splitsvilla Season 5.

Now that their love life is going strong, Sara and Paras's closeness will be in focus in Channel V's The Serial, produced by A Lost Boy Productions and ALT Entertainment.

Sara and Paras met at a common friend's party and the two hit it off instantly, so much so that they have been openly displaying their close pictures on their mobile phones.

We tried calling Sara Khan, but could not get through to her.

We hear that Paras is due to enter the reality based show on Channel V, The Serial in tonight's (26 December) episode.

After a long wait, let's now see what's exactly cooking between Sara and Paras.

Minionite thumbnail

Small screen actor Pooja Gor is a free bird. She is enjoying every bit of the time shooting for the show 'The Serial' as she portrays herself. Thankfully, in her words, she is striking a good balance between work and 'me' time. But, this personal time takes a toll over beau actor Raj Singh Arora. The beautiful couple goes candid about their relationship for the first time exclusively with us here Dailybhaskar.com 

Raj elaborates, "Pooja is a lazy bump. She loves to sit idle at home and mess it up. I'm the one who does the cleaning and get very irritated with her habits. I'm the bai (maid) at home cooking food for her. I also, meet up to her demands of taking her out for junk food. In short, Pooja is the man in the relationship."

To which Pooja reacts immediately, "He is a cleanliness freak and I admit that I am lazy at core. Actually, I had a very busy schedule during Pratigya days when I couldn't sleep a wink. Now, I sleep for good 16 hours a day and I think deserve all the pampering."

When further probed whether Pooja's lazy behavior gives reason for fights, Pooja interrupts and concludes, "We are mature enough to think and tackle our problems wisely. There is no room for misunderstandings. We don't fight at all."

Minionite thumbnail

What is Soumya Seth watching on the small screen?

Which daily soap do you watch?

I watch The Serial.

Which channel do you watch frequently?

Star World, Sony, Colors and even Star Plus where all the serials are doing really well.

Which is your favorite reality show?

Satyamev Jayate.

Which is your favorite TV channel?

No comments because it's difficult to choose a specific channel.

Which comedy shows have you enjoyed the most on television?

Comedy Circus.

Tv Actors and their Favourite Shows of 2012

• Soumya Seth: I make it pretty sure to watch my own show The Serial. Other than that, I am a big fan of Balika Vadhu. I think the show is doing brilliantly and since the concept is of child marriage, they have stuck to that concept. I can say 
     that the story never went off track in its run till now. I appreciate the good work by the production and every one behind the camera. I also loved Satyamev Jayate, again a brilliant show with a message. Hats off to Aamir Khan for his inputs and initiative from his end.
Minionite thumbnail

I was looking forward to shoot with Raj (Singh Arora) and now I am doing so in The Serial: Pooja Gor

Pooja Gor

Pooja Gor, who is currently seen playing herself in Channel V's The Serial, is very happy to be a part of the show because, with this project, a lot of things which she wished for while she was a part of Star Plus' Pratigya, are coming true.

Read on to know how?

"I don't have to shoot 24x7 with no leaves at all. I can just shoot for 15 days and get back home. Moreover, now I get to sleep for 15 to 16 hours at a stretch, something that wasn't possible then," says the actress.

She always wished to be on-screen with her boyfriend Raj Singh Arora and finally, with this show, gets his company as she tells us, "I had been looking forward to shoot with him and now I am getting to do that," she quips.

When asked if people ask her questions about the show being inspired from her real life, she answers, "Yes, a lot of industry insiders keep questioning me if the on-screen story is really inspired from my life. In reply, I do tell them that though it's inspired and we play ourselves, that's not exactly that happens in our real lives. I handle the question carefully."

Isn't there a fear of her image being tanned because of something that people believe is real? "I am pretty happy with the way my character is being portrayed in the show. It's completely justified. So, I do not have any issues," Pooja maintains.

Talking about working with friends in this show, she observes, "It's more like hanging out more than shooting. We go on the sets and start gossiping or pulling each other's legs. Basically, it's lots of fun."

Source: rival site

payal_4 thumbnail

One month extension for Channel [V]'s The Serial

'The Serial', jointly produced by Lost Boy Productions and Balaji Telefilms on Channel [V] has been doing very well on the ratings chart. The well-accepted show has now been rewarded by the channel with an extension of 12 more episodes (a one month extension).

The show which was focusing on the past life of actors will now come a full circle and capture the present life of actors.

When contacted, Producer Vikas Gupta confirmed the news and said, "Yes, we are extremely excited and happy about the prospect of extension. It is nice to know that people love the show just like Gumrah. The Serial. has got an extension of 12 more episodes."

We tried contacting the main faces of the show, Karan Kundra, Pooja Gor and Raj Singh Arora, but they did not revert to our call.

We wish the entire team of The Serial all the very best.

Minionite thumbnail
Early to bed and early to rise, makes Karan Kundra healthy, wealthy and wise

Karan Kundra

If you live in Malad (Mumbai) and see TV heartthrob Karan Kundra on the streets jogging at 7am, don't be surprised for this dapper looking dude has decided to change his lifestyle.

Since last Sunday, he has been getting up pretty early in the morning. He confirmed the same by way of his reply to the tweet of Nivedita Basu, ex Balaji senior creative head saying, "I'm following u! Waking up at 6 thes days hahah yay"!

Having read the tweet, we contacted Karan and asked him about this new good habit that he has developed. And this is what he said, "Yaar, it's good to wake up on time. I usually sleep by 12 or1 pm for we are currently shooting for The Serial (Channel V)."

"But I've always known that it's unhealthy to sleep all day and remain awake all night like an owl. Hence, I have decided to turn my life around. Sleep early and wake up early. I would also end up having missed so many calls and meetings for my past habit."

However Karan isn't sure as to how long will this trend last. "Woh to pata nai (laughs). But koshish karunga."(I don't know but will keep trying)," he ended.

Way to go…Karan!!!

payal_4 thumbnail
A salute to some evergreen romantic couples

Karan Kundra - Kritika Kamra

This is a perfect 'strong and reticent dude meets chirpy and bubbly girl' jodi. The couple, whose off-screen chemistry got reflected in the show which only upped the mush factor, ruled hearts in Kitani Mohabbat Hai . They got back with season 2 of the show due to popular demand. Although the second season failed to create the same magic, viewers crave to watch the duo do wonders on screen.

Shaheer Sheikh - Soumya Seth

This cute college romance created a niche for itself with the youth in Navya. Such was the chemistry between Shaheer and Soumya that the channel had to continue the show for two months even after it had been decided to pull it off air!