Sagar Pictures' lovely portrayal of Urmila

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

One thing I love about this Ramayan is its lovely portrayal of Urmila's character.👏 I love how she bid Lakshman farewell with a smile and gave strength, maturity and resilience to a character not much is written about.

We do not know much about Urmila. The previous Ramayans portrayed her as a self-sacrificing woman who cried out when her husband left her, but accepted his absence as destiny. They showed her praying for Lakshman all 14-years, but no one so far has shown her encouraging Lakshman to take vanvaas by telling him that it was his duty, and bidding him farewell with a smile. I really love the Urmila of Zee Tv's Ramayan, and if I had to choose my favorite character from this show in particular, it would be her.

I also really love her jodi with Lakshman. This couple has stayed consistent to their characters and that's something I really appreciate Sagar Pictures for. I hope they continue to show glimpses of Urmila throughout various occasions of the show.

The way Urmila was portrayed in previous two Ramayans was good, but I love the maturity shown in Urmila here even more. The previous Ramayans portrayed her as innocent and childish in nature, but here Urmila is mature and grown-up. I love all the portrayals of her so far by Sagar Arts and Sagar Pictures. I'm so proud that these production houses have given such importance to a character who was never shown in other movies or shows.👏
Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
yes i agree...i loved the fact they showed such a matured Urmila and we could very well relate to it also..when lakshman's eyes were full of tears ...urmila dint shed a single drop..she bid him farwell with a smile..

both neil and pallavi aced the scene...loved how lakshman bowed down to her sacrifice...

it was such a pious scene..i really wanted some one to open thread on Urmila..

thanks janaki...

i made this exclusively on Urmila inspired by that scene