Ramayan
Ramayan

India-Forums

Sagar Pictures' lovely portrayal of Urmila

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Stunnerz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 26 November 2012 at 5:04pm | IP Logged

One thing I love about this Ramayan is its lovely portrayal of Urmila's character.Clap I love how she bid Lakshman farewell with a smile and gave strength, maturity and resilience to a character not much is written about.

We do not know much about Urmila. The previous Ramayans portrayed her as a self-sacrificing woman who cried out when her husband left her, but accepted his absence as destiny. They showed her praying for Lakshman all 14-years, but no one so far has shown her encouraging Lakshman to take vanvaas by telling him that it was his duty, and bidding him farewell with a smile. I really love the Urmila of Zee Tv's Ramayan, and if I had to choose my favorite character from this show in particular, it would be her.Day Dreaming

I also really love her jodi with Lakshman. This couple has stayed consistent to their characters and that's something I really appreciate Sagar Pictures for. I hope they continue to show glimpses of Urmila throughout various occasions of the show.

The way Urmila was portrayed in previous two Ramayans was good, but I love the maturity shown in Urmila here even more. The previous Ramayans portrayed her as innocent and childish in nature, but here Urmila is mature and grown-up. I love all the portrayals of her so far by Sagar Arts and Sagar Pictures. I'm so proud that these production houses have given such importance to a character who was never shown in other movies or shows.Clap

Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 26 November 2012 at 5:07pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ukrnStalwart.IncensemanzilmukulnneeiillSilverBell

nneeiill IF-Sizzlerz
nneeiill
nneeiill

Posted: 26 November 2012 at 8:02pm | IP Logged
yes i agree...i loved the fact they showed such a matured Urmila and we could very well relate to it also..when lakshman's eyes were full of tears ...urmila dint shed a single drop..she bid him farwell with a smile..

both neil and pallavi aced the scene...loved how lakshman bowed down to her sacrifice...

it was such a pious scene..i really wanted some one to open thread on Urmila..

thanks janaki...

i made this exclusively on Urmila inspired by that scene

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Stalwart.IncensemanzilmukulSilverBell

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index