Punar Vivah
Punar Vivah

India-Forums

*Gurmeet Choudhary | Perfection Personified AT #1* (Page 10)

Euphoria. IF-Sizzlerz
Euphoria.
Euphoria.

Posted: 27 November 2012 at 10:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ..Sadiie..

@Anu [Euphoria.] - LOL I know the frustration I Had gone through when this show was getting hyped up for nothing. I hated this man so much! And the only reason was, the show and this Maan Singh Thurana were being hyped up for no frikin reason! I Had a sister & a friend yapping on about him and it was crazy Arghhh! ROFL Imagine listening about someone you hate, EVERY SINGLE DAY After school & before school! Oh boy, that must have been crazy! I was already annoyed by all the hype here on IF and on YT! If someone were to constantly talk about him in front of me, I think I might have personally gone down to India to strangle the MSK! LOL But well, that was in the past. Things are evidently very different now. =P One day i got so frustrated, tuned in on one of the 'Maaneet' scenes and BAM!
That Voice...Ahhh...That Voice...BlushingLOL
But honestly, I knew Gurmeet unknowingly from Ramayan times. And then I Remember going 'I know this guy...I've seen him' when Pati Patni aur Woh Promos aired. But yeah you can say i fell for his looks rather than acting but really; it was his voice LOL. He has a very sexy voice which is not too deep. It's just perfect. I am drawn to his eyes actually. TBH, when I first saw him as MSK, I was like WTH, people like this dude?! Shocked I didn't find him sexy in that avatar of his, don't know why. I am strange that way I guess. LOL But I look his look in PV. He looks more and more handsome with each passing day! Blushing I'm so glad he took up Punar Vivah a month after his previous show ended. And frankly speaking, I've only become an Ardent Fan after his previous show ended...that moment when you realize how awesome this person is excluding the looks..yep, that happened when all hell had broken loose before PV Started. Same out here as well. I actually fell in love with him after PV had started. When I revisit some of his scenes in Geet, no offense, but it seriously seems substandard, especially when you compare it to his portrayal as Yash. However, I won't hold him accountable for it because I would blame the directors and script-writers instead. The character that they had crafted out didn't have much depth and hence, Gurmeet didn't exactly get the opportunity to showcase his talent there. I know the character of Maan was well loved and appreciated by many, since most of us love the knight in shining armourkinda characters, but acting wise, he really wasn't up to the mark. And I am also guilty of 'liking' someone based on his looks but with Gurmeet (and Kratika as well. Oh gosh I can't seem to say anything about Gurmeet without bringing Kratika up LOL), it was different. Such a humble, patient, down-to-earth, faithful ... guy is hard to find, especially in this day and age! Proud to be a fan of GK! Cool I have not watched PPAW yet, and I actually don't intend to either (not my kinda show LOL) but I have heard from many that they started liking GC after watching that show. Embarrassed Gurmeet is amazing and I hope I can find a guy like GC for myself, someday! LOL Debina is one lucky lady and I surely do envy her! Right now I'm rewinding myself and watching Ramayan, Oh gosh he's such a versatile star! So is Kratika! who knew Jhansi Ki Rani would turn into a Roti Hui Bahu while the Business Tycoon MSK Turns into a Drama queen - Joke! I've my grudges towards AarYaLOL Oh gosh Sadiie! You are impossible! LOL
And regarding Debina& GC Getting bashed - Haters Gonna hateSleepy, Karma will hit back one day. Agreed. Approve

Replies in blue, sorry the formatting was acting strange! 

Edited by Euphoria. - 27 November 2012 at 10:51pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Pearl_27123mitululuvmg..CountingStarspickachu

Euphoria. IF-Sizzlerz
Euphoria.
Euphoria.

Posted: 27 November 2012 at 10:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Even I want to watch Jhansi Ki Rani!Day Dreaming Not only because it has Kratika who is a fantastic actress, but also because I love Rani Laxmibai, the historical figure. She really makes us proud of our history to have women like her who fought for the nation.Clap  Only problem is that I can't find the show with Eng Subs.Cry It's airing now on Zee but without subs, it's quite useless for me to watch.

You should definitely watch Ramayan.Day Dreaming Gosh, I've re-watched the show 4-5 times now and it still hasn't gotten old. Sooo much money was put into the sets and costumes that even if you're watching just for GC, you can't help but feel blown away by the gandeur of the sets.

Yeah definitely! The real way an actor can become famous is by choosing versatily roles. A God like Ram, a business tycoon like Maan, and an affectionate father/tragic husband like Yash are so damn different from each other that I don't think any other actor on TV has done such varied roles.Shocked
Ah JKR. I really don't like such shows but I would surely watch it for Kratika actually. I did catch a few episodes here and there and needless to say, she was phenomenal! Embarrassed

I would, after my exams, for sure! LOL I saw an episode of the new Ramayan that's on air right now but nothing caught my attention. The casting seems to be a little ... I loved the original version of Ramayan with Arun Govil and Deepika Chikhalia and in comparison to that, the new version is really not that great. 

I agree, Gurmeet is very versatile. He doesn't like to play it safe and is always willing to take risks, which is something that I absolutely adore! He could have chosen to play a role similar to Maan if he wanted his fanbase to expand but he didn't. That made me respect him so much more as an actor and I'm sure that his popularity is sky-rocketing with this new role of his! Both KS and GC for that matter are extremely versatile and I can't thank the Mittals enough for casting these 2 amazing actors together! They are truly redefining chemistry! Embarrassed

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

pal_2010123mitul..RamKiJanaki....CountingStarspickachu

Euphoria. IF-Sizzlerz
Euphoria.
Euphoria.

Posted: 27 November 2012 at 11:05pm | IP Logged
I actually find it hard to believe that Gurmeet is the same guy who played Maan and is playing Yash. Maan and Yash both have a few things in common - they are both short-tempered and romantic. But just look at the difference in the way in which Gurmeet portrays the same emotions. It's amazing! Honestly, hats off to GC! Clap

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

pal_2010123mitululuvmgManali_IamGCian..CountingStarspickachu

anushaarja IF-Rockerz
anushaarja
anushaarja

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 2:37am | IP Logged
i have done my due of commenting one time on GC's profile... 3 comments on his pics... and viewed nearly 125 pics of his... have you guys did that??  if not then do it fast guys...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pal_2010Manali_IamGCianpickachu

pratimaan2012 Goldie
pratimaan2012
pratimaan2012

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 3:00am | IP Logged
Add me too...I am big fan of Ram...Maan   ...Yash...more than that Gurumeet chaudhary...Love u Gurumeet ...GC rocks in every role.

pal_2010..CountingStarspickachu

Nandita1970 Groupbie
Nandita1970
Nandita1970

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 3:07am | IP Logged
What a fantabulous idea...a place to come n pour ur heart out for GC!!!

pal_2010..CountingStarspickachu

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Stunnerz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 4:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Euphoria.

Ah JKR. I really don't like such shows but I would surely watch it for Kratika actually. I did catch a few episodes here and there and needless to say, she was phenomenal! Embarrassed

I would, after my exams, for sure! LOL I saw an episode of the new Ramayan that's on air right now but nothing caught my attention. The casting seems to be a little ... I loved the original version of Ramayan with Arun Govil and Deepika Chikhalia and in comparison to that, the new version is really not that great. 

I agree, Gurmeet is very versatile. He doesn't like to play it safe and is always willing to take risks, which is something that I absolutely adore! He could have chosen to play a role similar to Maan if he wanted his fanbase to expand but he didn't. That made me respect him so much more as an actor and I'm sure that his popularity is sky-rocketing with this new role of his! Both KS and GC for that matter are extremely versatile and I can't thank the Mittals enough for casting these 2 amazing actors together! They are truly redefining chemistry! Embarrassed

Even I'm not into historical shows most of the time because I hate war.LOL But if the casting is good I'm willing to give it a chance. I heard Prithviraj Chauhan was pretty good but never got to watch because of the same 'no subs' problem.

Yeah, the current Ramayan on Zee is not that great. Don't think this is the right forum to discuss it, but after watching Gurmeet's Ramayan it's hard to accept another couple as Ram and Sita.Embarrassed Also the storyline is pretty flawed and inconsistent. Gurmeet and Debina raised the bar pretty high for mythological actors of the 21st century. Even I love the original version with Arun Govil and Deepika, especially since the other characters were so well chosen, but as Ram and Sita I think I prefer Gurmeet and Debina.Embarrassed Their chemistry was so natural, and I also loved the characterizations of Ram and Sita. Ram was not portrayed as a constant softie in Imagine's Ramayan. He showed different shades of the character with appropriate anger and sadness when required. There were times when he even joked around like Lord Krishna! Gurmeet was so cute as Ram and I found Arun Govil lacking in that area. As for Deepika, she made an excellent Sita but sometimes she was a bit too weepy. It made her seem weak and I didn't like those scenes, whereas Debina gave strength and resilience to Sita's character. There were times when she was portrayed as a bit too aggressive, but those scenes were only few.Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pal_2010shalini28

-Thabassum- IF-Stunnerz
-Thabassum-
-Thabassum-

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 4:35am | IP Logged
OMG ...

Gurmeeet's AT ..
He is an real rockstar ...

proud gurmeet fan ..
hay add ma name and ammus too Stern Smile

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Punar Vivah Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index