Diya Aur Baati Hum

   

Why do we resist change ?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Joined: 31 August 2012

Posts: 3185

Posted: 26 November 2012 at 2:42am | IP Logged
I was looking forward to some thought provoking threads during the weekend but could see none. Maybe we feel we have reached a stage in the story where nothing more can be said unless the story progresses further. All the main characters have been thoroughly analysed by many in the forum and now unless the Sandhya padhai track starts and the story moves forward there is no aspect in the story left to be commented upon.
            
                       I just thought of something which may sound abstract to many but is relevant to our story. Why do people resist change ? Why is Bhabo so hostile to the idea of change in her family setup ? Is DABH really aiming to bring Nayi Soch ? This is a field which is unexplored.

1. Change makes you come out of your comfort zone which we do not want to do.

2. Change carries an element of uncertainty which we are afraid to risk.

3.Afraid you may lose your position.

4.You are not convinced it will work.

5.You are afraid of your peers boycotting you.

6.When things are going well with the older system what is the need to change.

7.Lack of sufficient knowledge  about the change makes you resist.

8.You do not trust the change to bring you any benefit in the long run.

        Here in this story Bhabo does not want to change due to the above mentioned reasons.  The idea of an IPS beendani is unacceptable to her. The serial as I perceived it when I was watching it was that it aimed at breaking the traditional barriers  and making Sandhya join the IPS. I justified Sandhya's meekness before Bhabo as being an attempt by CVs to bring about a change from within a conservative society. Her not fighting back when insults are hurled upon her, I attributed it to the intolerance our society has towards rebellion. I felt a revolt by Sandhya would be unacceptable to a traditional mindset which the serial aims to change.
             However I am compelled to rethink my analysis. If they are going to show Sandhya secretly studying with the help of her husband without the knowledge of Bhabo who represents the conservative elements in the society how than is it Nayi Soch ki lehar ?  How many traditionally brought up husband will support their wives defying their mother ? Will it really help in Nayi Soch...To my mind it is also a revolt and not a change within a system. Revolts of this nature in society are never emulated. Alternatively if they had through some twist in the story shown Bhabo being receptive and the entire operation being conducted with her approval than the conservative audience whom they are targeting would have sat back and thought. Than the story could have become truly inspirational. Here what they are showing is if the society forbids you from doing something ,do it secretly. What change can you possibly inspire or bring about.
            I was always given to understand that DABH is different. Here with secret college studying are they not making way for future saas bahu dramas. How than is it different from other saas bahu sagas which our Hindi telly world specializes in.
             The younger crowd very rightly felt that Suraj should wait no longer for the approval but start off immediately. They are not wrong as Bhabo seemed too stubborn to approve. Why could they not in the script take the story in the direction of Bhabo's approval through some twists and turns. My question to the CVs is, Nayi  soch ki  boond  kyon, lehar kyon nahi  ?


Edited by UMDU - 26 November 2012 at 3:04am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

sjnpladyterp-SamiR--Ayeshi--Liebe-Fatima_QSAIBALROUTH

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why do we resist change ?" in Diya Aur Baati Hum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Liebe-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Liebe-

Joined: 20 January 2010

Posts: 22120

Posted: 26 November 2012 at 3:11am | IP Logged
thought provoking thread...ma ji...

u knw.i have to get doctorate to reply ur thread...its very tough one ma ji...

just answered for ur question with my very less knowledge...

i will give some points of wt cvz r thinking...

1. they want trp...

2.if they shown surya convice bhabo to accpet for it...then...then how will story proceed with interesting twits and turns...

3.they r waiting for correct time to twist the tale with bhabo to knw abt sandy's secret edu...and there v can see twist...and also dabh could beat other shows...to retained no.1 position...

4.nayi soch is imp for them and for them also money is imp...if their show maintain no.1 position...they give get fame and all...

5.if the story progress with our expectation...then there is no point to wqtch dabh...yup...v can watch for surya bhabo...

6.if the story proceed the way bhabo accepted and sandhya studying suraj supporting...in this case...starplus will question them...to make any changes or they will end the story if the show not interested...to watch...

above points r from the pov of cvz and starplus views only...

typical dabhians need...

yup v need same as u said...abt bhabo to accept to sandhya's edu and dreams...its nayi soch only...

but above said points also nayi soch only...btw cvz knw how to handle dabh in every track...and always giving nayi souch in every track...so v can expect nayi souch in this edu track also...

i knw...i may wrong...for somebody's views...but its natural...coin has two side na...




The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-SamiR-UMDUFatima_Q

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Joined: 31 August 2012

Posts: 3185

Posted: 26 November 2012 at 3:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by udnis

thought provoking thread...ma ji...

u knw.i have to get doctorate to reply ur thread...its very tough one ma ji...

just answered for ur question with my very less knowledge...

i will give some points of wt cvz r thinking...

1. they want trp...

2.if they shown surya convice bhabo to accpet for it...then...then how will story proceed with interesting twits and turns...

3.they r waiting for correct time to twist the tale with bhabo to knw abt sandy's secret edu...and there v can see twist...and also dabh could beat other shows...to retained no.1 position...

4.nayi soch is imp for them and for them also money is imp...if their show maintain no.1 position...they give get fame and all...

5.if the story progress with our expectation...then there is no point to wqtch dabh...yup...v can watch for surya bhabo...

6.if the story proceed the way bhabo accepted and sandhya studying suraj supporting...in this case...starplus will question them...to make any changes or they will end the story if the show not interested...to watch...

above points r from the pov of cvz and starplus views only...

typical dabhians need...

yup v need same as u said...abt bhabo to accept to sandhya's edu and dreams...its nayi soch only...

but above said points also nayi soch only...btw cvz knw how to handle dabh in every track...and always giving nayi souch in every track...so v can expect nayi souch in this edu track also...

i knw...i may wrong...for somebody's views...but its natural...coin has two side na...




Thank you for your inputs Sindhu.

1. If they had shown a big twist or aangan drama it would still have got them TRPS. They are any way going to show it .Why not now?

2. The convincing track could have been made dramatic like WTC. For future dramas they apart from increasing SurYa moments  could have shown Bhabo setting conditions for approval like the 15 day challenge and the struggles of Sandhya in studying as well as keeping Bhabo satisfied with Suraj's help. Revealing Meena's deceit and exposing Chavvi and Mohit in some way. Problems in Meena's pregnancy... lot of drama ideas are there.

3. We do not know whether this track has retained No1 TRPS  or not as figures are not available.

4. We only have a broader expectation. Minor dramas is their discretion. There are several ideas for that.

5. I do not want Bhabo to just accept it. She can do it with conditions attached. Like Sandhya has to study for an exam but Bhabo insists she help her in some puja preparation or some guests arriving and she is unable to complete a project or Suraj gets jealous of someone admiring Sandhya in her class...


Edited by UMDU - 26 November 2012 at 3:32am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-SamiR--Liebe-Fatima_Q

-Liebe-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Liebe-

Joined: 20 January 2010

Posts: 22120

Posted: 26 November 2012 at 4:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by UMDU

Thank you for your inputs Sindhu.

1. If they had shown a big twist or aangan drama it would still have got them TRPS. They are any way going to show it .Why not now?

2. The convincing track could have been made dramatic like WTC. For future dramas they apart from increasing SurYa moments  could have shown Bhabo setting conditions for approval like the 15 day challenge and the struggles of Sandhya in studying as well as keeping Bhabo satisfied with Suraj's help. Revealing Meena's deceit and exposing Chavvi and Mohit in some way. Problems in Meena's pregnancy... lot of drama ideas are there.

3. We do not know whether this track has retained No1 TRPS  or not as figures are not available.

4. We only have a broader expectation. Minor dramas is their discretion. There are several ideas for that.

5. I do not want Bhabo to just accept it. She can do it with conditions attached. Like Sandhya has to study for an exam but Bhabo insists she help her in some puja preparation or some guests arriving and she is unable to complete a project or Suraj gets jealous of someone admiring Sandhya in her class...


@bold
...if they show like this...u said...then our TRP also increase and v satisfied with this tracks...

better u go and part of one among cvz...then v can get expectation views with different twists and turns in tale...like...v knw wt is going to happen next...with that how they cover viewers mind is challengable like wtc track...v knw suraj is going to win with that they showed completely different aspects...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ladyterp-SamiR-UMDUFatima_Q

-Ayeshi-

IF-Dazzler

-Ayeshi-

Joined: 27 June 2012

Posts: 2646

Posted: 26 November 2012 at 4:33am | IP Logged
I agree with you... I dont like the way Suraj pressuring Sandy, it should have been for bhabo...!!! As I said b4, people will now sympathize bhabo more than SurYa cause bhabo is the who will be deceived...!! When she was always straight-forward n her admiration towards Sandy was increasing day by day...!!! Now she will again perceive Sandy as someone who is making her son go against her decision...!!! All Sandy's hard work to win bhabo's heart will go in vain...!!!
But I think though SurYa is perfect, cvs r trying to show they can do mistakes too...!!! I am actually waiting to see how they r gonna sneak every night without anyone's knowledge...!!! And also what will they do after bhabo will know about this...!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-SamiR-UMDUFatima_Q

UMDU

IF-Dazzler

UMDU

Joined: 31 August 2012

Posts: 3185

Posted: 26 November 2012 at 4:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ayeshi_101

I agree with you... I dont like the way Suraj pressuring Sandy, it should have been for bhabo...!!! As I said b4, people will now sympathize bhabo more than SurYa cause bhabo is the who will be deceived...!! When she was always straight-forward n her admiration towards Sandy was increasing day by day...!!! Now she will again perceive Sandy as someone who is making her son go against her decision...!!! All Sandy's hard work to win bhabo's heart will go in vain...!!!
But I think though SurYa is perfect, cvs r trying to show they can do mistakes too...!!! I am actually waiting to see how they r gonna sneak every night without anyone's knowledge...!!! And also what will they do after bhabo will know about this...!!!

Thank you ayeshi. They are not going to be sneaking out as I think Suraj will  convince Bhabo about his and Sandhya shifting to Ajmer or atleast working there. I had also similar concerns in my earlier thread about Sandhya losing Bhabo's trust which she has struggled to gain in one year.  I agree with you totally that the sympathy for Bhabo will increase.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-SamiR--Ayeshi-Fatima_Q

ladyterp

Senior Member

ladyterp

Joined: 02 October 2012

Posts: 286

Posted: 26 November 2012 at 8:56am | IP Logged
Umaji, very nice analysis and reasons for resisting change.  I agree with you that drama doesn't always have to be MIL vs. DIL.  I think they could have built a huge angan drama with Sooraj going against Bhabho.  Why does it always have to be Bhabho catching Sandhya doing something wrong and screaming?  How nice it would have been if they did two things: (1) Sandhya vs. Sooraj drama by having Sandhya insist that she will do night college only with Bhabho's approval, (2) Sooraj openly standing up against his mother and the fallout drama from that.

My two cents.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-SamiR-UMDUFatima_Q

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

 

 

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.